It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Experts find no evidence of Iran nuclear programme'

page: 1

join
share:
NR

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
International investigators have found no proof of a nuclear weapons programme in Iran, it was reported today.

Traces of bomb-grade uranium found two years ago came from contaminated Pakistani equipment and were not evidence of the country’s nuclear capabilities, US government experts revealed.

“The biggest smoking gun that everyone as waving is now eliminated with these conclusions,” an unidentified senior official told the Washington Post.

The Bush administration had pointed to the uranium as proof that Iran was making bomb-grade ingredients, although such claims were vehemently denied.

Scientists who have reportedly been studying related International Atomic Energy Agency data for some nine months are preparing to publish a report concluding that the contamination issue is resolved, the newspaper said.

Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld refused to comment on the report when it was put to him at a press conference today.

Britain, France and Germany have spent two years trying to convince Iran to give up sensitive aspects of its nuclear energy programme but no deal has been reached.

www.irishexaminer.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Didn't Iran admit it had an active nuclear programme?

Or am I missing something here?

NR

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
yes they did but the uranium they have arent good enough for atomic bombs and also it shows they are decades away from obtaining one.

[edit on 23-8-2005 by NR]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a thread on it just down the page.

[edit on 23-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

NR

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
thx bro i never saw that their, as far as for irans nuclear program i dont think any country would be giving nuclear weapon secrets cuz it just be suicide, 2 nuclear reactors and low graded uranium shouldnt be a threat at all.

top topics

join