It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Olympic Bomber Is Jailed For Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
On Monday August 22nd the Atlanta Olympics bomber Eric Rudolph was sentenced to 4 life terms in Atlanta Federal Court. Rudolph was also sentenced for his 1997 attacks on an abortion clinic and a gay club. He apologized to the families of the victims, saying he do anything to take that night back Rudolph (38) will not be eligible for parole.

www.heraldsun.news.com.au

Olympic bomber is jailed for life

24aug05

ATLANTA -- Serial bomber Eric Rudolph apologized yesterday to the victims of a deadly bomb he exploded at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, then sat calmly as a judge jailed him for life.

Rudolph said he had not intended to harm bystanders but only to embarrass the US Government when he planted a powerful nail bomb in Centennial Olympic Park on July 27, 1996.
The explosion killed a woman and injured more than 100 people.

'I sincerely hoped to achieve my objectives without harming innocent civilians,' Rudolph said.

'I would do anything to take back that night. To these victims, I apologize,' Rudolph told a court packed with those wounded in the Olympic bombing and two other blasts at an abortion clinic and a gay club.

The 38-year-old will not be eligible for parole.

The Olympic bombing was designed to 'confound, anger and embarrass the Washington Government in the eyes of the world for its abominable sanctioning of abortion on demand,' Rudolph said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I'm happy to see that he'll spend the rest of his life in prison. I would rather see him rot than rot on death row. I know that sounds strange, but I'm sure there's a few out there that understand what I mean.

I just can't understand his reasoning. Rudolph said that the attacks were meant to embarrass and anger the Government. Seems to me that the only thing he accomplished was creating outrage and disgust. We can't ALL agree ALL the time but that doesn't give anyone the right to do harm to Innocent people because of strong beliefs.

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
dailytelegraph.news.com.au
www.theglobeandmail.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: US Bomber Gets Life Sentence

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yet he must have had alot of help to have stayed on the fbi's most wanted list for so long without being captured.

10 most wanted at that...

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hiding in the woods, eating food out of dumpsters. I'm sure it would make prison sound pretty good.

new topics

join