It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: The Unseen War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I agree that most these pictures aren't suitable for television, but we don't hear the stories behind the pictures either:

4 young siblings killed by a US cluster bomb
5 Iraqi citizens killed during US air strikes, one a baby

They're just not revealing the deaths of the Iraqi citizens, and since that is the one group who has taken the most casualties, I think it's only right that it be talked about in the media.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
"choreographed"????

LOL, thats funny. Think about what you are saying. You are implying that these Iraqis were forced into posing for the camera. Does this mean you are accusing the USA of forcing Iraqi's to take pictures depicting fake sentiment? maybe they held them at gunpoint you suggest? And you think YOU are denying ignorance?

So lets think about this some more: You are claiming that all the pictures taken by a US sources in Iraq that shows happy Iraqi's is coerced?

OMG, talk about the ignorance.

No, that is not what I'm saying. Look up 'choreograph' in a dictionary. The one I use defines it as follows: "To plan out or oversee the movement, development, or details of; orchestrate." There is no mention of force, I never claimed that, nor do I believe any of these photographs were coerced in any way. They were likely planned, however, given that they came from the Army PR department. What I meant was that they were planned, in exactly the same way any professional photographer plans his photos. Telling a bunch of kids to smile for the camera doesn't equal "forcing" them to smile. Do you really think the PR department of ANY organization, let alone the army, is going to give you James Nachtwey or Robert Capra shots? Of course not, the shots are planned. That's their job!

-koji K.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join