It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Detainee Killed at Abu Ghraib

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There are very few details at this time but Foxnews is reporting that an Iraqi detainee died of a shotgun wound on Aug. 22, 2005. The detainee was "engaging Coalition Forces" at the time of the gunshot.Iraqi Detainee Killed at Abu Ghraib
I am searching for more information so that we can know what they mean by "engaging". I am not sure if that means that the detainee was being interogated or was struggling with the guards. There are a lot of questions on this episode

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Maybe 'engaging' means giving them dirty looks. We don't have the entire story yet, but I am worried about the use of plurals here.

Engaging Forces
Multiple wounds
gunshots

One prisoner, most likely unarmed (since he is in prison) against how many coalition forces needing how many bullets?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I am doing a search for more information.
At this time though I have not been able to find out any more.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Can't find anything, but if he was engaging them, he was probably either escaping or trying to break in. My guess would be breaking in, because someone running away wouldn't have the weapons necessary to threaten a man with a shotgun.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
When it rains it pours
Interrogator Pleads Guilty to Assault

EL PASO, Texas Aug 23, 2005 — A military intelligence interrogator pleaded guilty Tuesday to dereliction of duty and assault in the abuse of an Afghan detainee who later died.
Spc. Glendale C. Walls admitted that he stood by as former Sgt. Selena M. Salcedo lifted a detainee known as Dilawar by his ear and as former Spc. Joshua R. Claus made another detainee roll around on the floor and kiss Walls' boots.
Walls also admitted to pushing Dilawar against a wall during the interrogation in which Salcedo abused him. Dilawar's death has led to charges against a number of service members.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Don't think that is the same thing. Dilawar died in December of 2002 (I think). Besides, there was nothing in the article about a shotgun. The use of force like that leads me to believe there was something legitimate, since none of the abused detainees were shot...

I will be very interested when more information comes out.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What I meant was that the bad news for the coalition forces just keeps coming in. Both these reports will do wonders for the Anti-US, Anti-War, Anti-Bush PR guys.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I just want to point out here that prisoners in US prisons are liable to be shot, and do get shot, depending on the severity of the situation.

Now I say this not having any clue on the new Abu incident, but prisoners do get killed from time to time, its not unique to Abu Graib

new topics

top topics

join