It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cali Democrat Bustamante part of 'racist' group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Cruz Bustamante, Schwarzenegger's biggest Democratic rival, has come under criticism recently about his past because of his membership in the 1970s of a radical student group that called for the return of California and the Southwest to Mexico.

WorldNetDaily

California Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante refused today to disassociate himself from a Hispanic group critics say is as racist as the Ku Klux Klan.

Bustamante joined the organization during his college days at Fresno State University in the 1970s. The group, which has college chapters on 300 campuses � 100 in California alone � has adopted as its motto, " for the race, everything. For those outside the race, nothing."

MEChA specifically encourages its Chicano and Chicana members to put "raza," or their race, above all others. And, the group promotes the liberation of "Atzlan," which includes a major portion of the U.S. Southwest, which Mechistas believe was stolen from Mexico by the United States.

WORLD NET DAILY STORY

Quote from Reuters: "In an interview on Friday with Reuters, Bustamante called his membership of MEChA -- Movimento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan -- a folly of youth."

So do you think this will hurt his chances of being elected Gov?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I dont think anyone would want a racist in a postion of power looking over a state full of so many races and cultures.

Thier might be the odd few would state that it was just a phase of college life wanting acceptance.

I for one not being white would not want a KKK member in power where I live.

Deep

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
He already had no chance of being the governator. He's a wussy boy. Urnuld could snap him in two.

So do you think this will hurt his chances of being elected Gov?

He's a racist. Who cares

join