Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Red Wine Good for Smokers ???

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well if you're gonna smoke, at least make sure you have a glass of red wine nearby.

Reuters

Researchers said Sunday there were enough beneficial chemicals in two glasses of red wine to suspend the harmful effect that smoking one cigarette has on the functioning of arteries.

But the finding does suggest that red wine -- long seen as good for the heart when drunk in moderation -- may provide clues in the hunt for new drug candidates capable of reversing smoking's harmful effects.

REUTERS STORY

Make sure you print the article so you can show it to your boss when you're sippin' a glass of wine on your smoke breaks.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ummm.. Ok... Best advice is to just not smoke!

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Ummm.. Ok... Best advice is to just not smoke!

I'm not a smoker, I couldn't agree more!

After seeing how many smokers we have here from that smoking thread, I thought I'd pass this on to them.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well sorry guys Im a smoker and have been for many many years, I also drink wine, but only white and not that often either.

blackwidow

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hey i smoke but i hate wine,give me a beer anyday..

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
YES! so that means by drinking an entire bottle of red wine the other night while chain smoking, it was actually good for me! haha, I love news like this

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
actually, why do smokers smoke? does it give a feeling of relaxation or what?

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSwordMaster
actually, why do smokers smoke? does it give a feeling of relaxation or what?

Yes it actually does for me,when i get a bit stressed it actually calms me down..

Now Red wine that actually gives me a blinding headache..

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Good news, but I wish they'd put more research into the benefits of Beer and smoking......that would be truly marvelous

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If i found out that Bourbon and smoking was somehow good for me, i would be estatic.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Good news, but I wish they'd put more research into the benefits of Beer and smoking......that would be truly marvelous

Hey i hope they do sign me up straight away for that..

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Now, if you skipped the cigarette and just had the red wine, you'd be that much healthier!

coughcoughexsmokersaretheworstcoughcough

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A two pack a day smoker would only need 80 glasses of wine a day......

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
lol so youll be addicted to wine and cigs...

zed

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumpy
If i found out that Bourbon and smoking was somehow good for me, i would be estatic.
If you get Jim Beam to sponser a study I'm sure it could be arranged.

Either that or come to Japan where smoking MAY be bad for your health. Japan Tobaco is a major sponser of tobaco research.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The alcohol has no benefit. It's the fermented grapes that give you benefits.

You can get it from de-alcoholized red wine. It tastes pretty much the same. There is less than 1% alcohol.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I hate red wine. In fact I only really like sparkling wine or rose so that would be no good for me.

new topics

top topics

join