It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Televangelist Robertson calls for assassination of Venezuelan president

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Robertson, founder of the Christian Coalition of America and a former presidential candidate, said on "The 700 Club" it was the United States' duty to stop Chavez from making Venezuela a "launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism."

Chavez has emerged as one of the most outspoken critics of President Bush, accusing the United States of conspiring to topple his government and possibly backing plots to assassinate him. U.S. officials have called the accusations ridiculous.

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."

Seattle Times

I won't go into the obvious malady of one of this nation's Christian Leaders calling for yet another murder.....you staunch "Christian Conservatives" can sort your own house - or not.
But I will focus on the tried & true aspect of the NeoCon-hybrid-fascist model = staying on message from multiple sources, so that it becomes common perception.

Did anyone miss Don "Don't call me Dracula" Rumsfeld start skipping down the merry lane of calling Chavez & Venezuela a clear & present danger?

Rumsfeld faults Venezuela for buying 100,000 AK-47s

US Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld on Wednesday criticized Venezuela's reported efforts to purchase 100,000 AK-47 assault rifles from Russia, suggesting that Venezuela's possession of so many weapons would threaten the hemisphere.

"I can't imagine what's going to happen to 100,000 AK-47s," Rumsfeld said at a news conference in Brasilia, the capital of Brazil, which shares a border with Venezuela. "I can't understand why Venezuela needs 100,000 AK-47s. I personally hope it doesn't happen. I can't imagine if it did happen it would be good for the hemisphere."

Rumsfeld appeared with Brazil's vice president and defense minister, Jose Alencar, who declined to offer similar criticism of Chavez. Alencar would only say that Brazil respects the right of self-determination of other countries.

Venezuela says its military has about 100,000 troops, plus 30,000 reservists. The US is concerned that the weapons are intended for domestic militias or foreign guerillas.

www.taipeitimes.com...

The sheer lunacy of calling the outfitting of an army with old weaponry....of a sovereign nation....with a democratically elected leader...a threat, is so transparent that the other figure on stage simply had to act like Rumsfeld farted & he politely "didn't notice".
Of course, via terroist felons like Otto Reich, the US has been trying to overthrow Venezuela for some time now.

It used to be that the Department of Defense planned for military contingencies, while the State Department engaged in international diplomacy. But no more-- which is another clear indication that we've turned perhaps irrecoverably from a Republic into an Empire...

In any case, Rumsfeld is tromping through South America, painting democratically-elected Hugo Chávez as a threat to, um, democratically-elected governments, or something.

Shorter Rumsfeld translation: Give us the god-damned oil.

And the presidential candidate preacher is back home burying the lines.....those between church & state.....those between moral & immoral....those between Christian and ChristConFascist.....and that used-to-be-thick-line-that-is-hair-thin these days = Sense/Sensibility vs. Fanaticism

[edit on 23-8-2005 by Bout Time]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Shut er down & I'll add to yours! Thanks

join