It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Rave Video: Must See.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
There was a rave in Utah and the special forces were apparently sent in.

www.hraunfjord.org...

This is one of the craziest stories I have ever heard involving domestic security operations.

[edit on 23-8-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
all i get is an error page.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Me too, just an error page

Interesting though....I doubt it's true....Im calling BS and I don't
even need to read the article.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It looks like you might have cut off the URL a bit short; try copying and pasting it again.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Here's the direct link...

hraunfjord.org...

bazzz

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I've just see the video. I think its a "little" (understatement of the day...) overdone. And i thought that the goverment can not use the military on it own people?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
That looked more like some kind of SWAT unit. I've seen the SWAT guys dressed in military camo before.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Or get the WM version here:

s41.yousendit.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I would be very surprised if these 'soldiers' turned out to be Army. I think Zaphod58 is correct in stating that they are probably some form of elite police outfit, e.g. SWAT. I think that if this were a military action, there would have been no way that tape would have gotten out. Having said that, I don't hear any actual arrests being made, nor do I see any police in regular uniforms, who would, I assume, take control once SWAT has secured the area. You can see people being detained on the ground, but whether they are being arrested or not is unknown. Perhaps there were regular police present but they only appeared after the camera was switched off.

You can hear helicopters, though, so whoever they were, they were clearly serious and well-organised. You can also hear dogs, although from the video it is unclear whether they are being used by the 'soldiers' or were simply present at the location.

Perhaps one of our members with military or police experience could comment on the uniforms/weapons/other identifying factors used by the men in the video.

Any information on why this rave was busted up? At the moment, I'm assuming it was probably drug related. Could these by DEA agents? Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but I am not American and am working with a rudimentary knowledge of various American federal agencies. Were there any arrests made? If people were arrested, this would lend weight to the argument that the 'soldiers' are in fact an element of the police or similar non-military agency.

[edit on 23/8/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It was busted because there was fear that this party might recruit protesters against Bush's visit to Utah. Congrats to the free people of US, you've been screwed pretty bad and no1 seems to step up

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
There's a couple of news stories on this event.

Indymedia also has some good information on it.
utah.indymedia.org

Here's a KUTV report with a link to a video:

KUTV

About 90 law enforcement officers from multiple agencies broke up what they said was a rave party on public and private property in the Diamond Fork area of Spanish Fork canyon.

Utah County sheriff's Sergeant Darren Gilbert says they made about 60 arrests for weapons offenses, driving under the influence, underage drinking, drug possession and distribution, resisting arrest, assault on a police officer and disorderly conduct.

Some partygoers say that law enforcement used excessive force during arrests at the party. One woman claims she was punched by officers and thrown to the ground.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Intresting video clip, thanks for posting!
Reminds me a bit of Waco, the concept I mean.

[edit on 23/8/2005 by SwearBear]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Ok, I didn't see anything really abusive there. Probably just a couple of drunk guys with bags of weed big enough for those dogs to smell right away.

What I want to know is why were they all wearing black baclavas covering their faces when they are in UTAH in the middle of the summer? Baclavas are HOT. That would just be stupid. It is stupid.

Maybe a stupid chief made it uniform that everyone wore black baclavas in the operation because he thought it looked cool, because it sure as hell didn't have anything to do with cold weather.

I say chief because those people were ceratinly not American special operators from any special unit that I have had the pleasure and privilege to work with. Look how confused and not in control of the situation they are. Look how SLOWLY they move. These poseurs are deputies and nothing more.

[edit on 23-8-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:18 AM
link   
There is some interesting reading at the bottom of that indymedia page.
Quite a number of first hand accounts. I recommend looking through those.

Here is another first hand account, with vid caps. and a nicely reported chronology..
stonefruit.blogspot.com...

It looked pretty excessive to me..

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
There is some interesting reading at the bottom of that indymedia page.
Quite a number of first hand accounts. I recommend looking through those.

Here is another first hand account, with vid caps. and a nicely reported chronology..
stonefruit.blogspot.com...

It looked pretty excessive to me..

Oh, are you referring to classic one-liners like these?

from Stonefruit
First they came for Muslims, and I said nothing, because I was not a Muslim. Then they came for ravers, and I said nothing, because I had no glow stick.

and

from Stonefruit
You think they'll do the same at Nascar tailgate parties? Somehow I doubt it.

And you're really going to listen to and trust the word of people who post on "utrave.org" to provide an accurate and unbiased account of what happened there?

Uh, first of all, as limiting a view of the rave that the video provided, that was no rave. Unless in excess of 500 people on psychoacive drugs can be scared away that quickly by about 7 wannabe, wish-I-had-a-real-enemy, pretend-a-soldiers, which they can't, that was a really lame rave.

[edit on 23-8-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
LOL,

Excessive..
Kinda like your reaction to my post.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Looks like the war on drugs is getting married to the war on terror.

What is it with authority and 'repetitive beats'?
Anyone would think that freedom of expression and having a good time were forbidden activities.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
When I viewed the video I was indeed shocked. I have read a few sites regarding the use of force in the video, the use of tazers by the officers, and the reason this rave party was broken up. So far all I have found a few references stating the police came to:

a) Silence the ravers because of the upcoming Bush visit to Utah
b) Stop an unlawful rave on privately owned property
or
c)Stop the use of drug use and drug paraphernalia at the rave.

If so then why do all of the sites so far state that the "police" or military. Whomever they were, who crashed the rave, didn't have any kind of a warrant. Used excessive force with tasers, dogs, etc. From the video all I see is a bunch of kids dancing and having a good time not violating the law. All of the websites also state that it was a LEGAL, FULLY PERMITTED RAVE! The "police" had no right to do what they did and I am glad that this tape is being released over the net and picked up by a few media stations so far. I hope it doesn't get ignored like so many other things nowadays.

We still need more evidence to back this video up that explains in further detail why the military equipped with mp5's, tasers, and helicopters had to break up what looks to me like a harmless rave.

I also wonder why most of the sites with links to the video are being "hacked" hmmm... maybe the govt doesn't want this video to be released to the general public.

Oh and DeltaChaos I see you have signed up to the Whatreallyhappened forum just to discredit the thread author. I hope you feel proud of yourself. I also enjoyed your remark "This excerpt was copied from a REAL board, AboveTopSecret.com. Get there, or remain ignorant." at the end of your post. That remark in itself was very insightful.

That forum surely promotes ignorance, like your quote stated, when the motto of the site is "Where Peace & Understanding Is The Priority."

[edit on 8-23-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
'We still need more evidence to back this video up that explains in further detail why the military equipped with mp5's, tasers, and helicopters had to break up what looks to me like a harmless rave. "

The MP5 is THE weapon of choice of the Police swat teams.
The tazer is becoming a big weapon used by Police swat teams.
Helicopters are used by Police units all over the country.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Authoritative Source

Originally posted by RebelSaint
There was a rave in Utah and the special forces were apparently sent in.

There is no mention of special forces in any of the sources cited.

Where did this information come from?

The use of military forces against civilians is a very touchy issue in the U.S. and has been since the Civil War, and has been prohibited by federal law for over a century, so that's not a trivial claim to make.

Who said this?

All Bush's Fault?

Originally posted by PsykoOps
It was busted because there was fear that this party might recruit protesters against Bush's visit to Utah.

How do you know this to be true?

What evidence is this statement based on?

Who originally made this claim, and why?

Those are some answers I would love to know.

Differing Accounts

The party organizers and the law enforcement agencies involved are making conflicting claims about such documentary questions as whether the event was legal.

It is not clear to me what the status of these claims is, but a written permit should exist as evidence if the event was legally authorized.

If anyone knows where a scan of that permit can be found, that would be a handy piece of evidence, because it would prove the sheriff's public statements were false. Obviously, if it exists, it would behoove the event organizers to publish copies online (hint hint).

In a situation where testimony varies, it is essential to determine where information is coming from to understand whether or not it is credible.

Information coming from any unverifiable source is probably false, and should be regarded with skepticism until established as factual.

At least, that's my approach, and I'm happy with it so far.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join