It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sweat, the pain, the pushing yourself to the limit...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
all that hard work...
Then, the chocolate brownie, the hot fudge, the ice cream and more hot fudge...
Was it worth it?
YES! YES! YES!

Now, how do you burn 3000 calories in an hour?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
cut an arm off and burn it???

3000 callories bloody hell i dont think its possible in an hour...

ID

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I got one for ya don't eat that stuff. I can't see how people can just scarf down chocolate, makes me sick after about two bites. I prefer meat myself and that is healthy for ya. The only thing I can recommend is an eliptical-trainer or a treadmill. If you want you could also just go for daily runs. But you will never burn that many calories that fast.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Here's a little calculator for you to determine how many calories per hour you burn, dependin on activity, age, weight, etc.

www.caloriesperhour.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Cool.
It seems I'll be doing my hour and a half walk every night this week for this one desert.
Think I'm done splurging.
You men out there are lucky - not having to worry about all this stuff...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
That calculator is nifty, Proud.

What category does 'Posting at ATS' come under?
Church?
Child care?
Office work - desk work?

It's all the above and more in my book.

I still believe the brain burns more calories than any other organ. Keep it active at all times...

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
....find it in you first, then in someone else who "likes you just the way you are".
I watched that flick the other night & could not figure how Renee Zellwiger, who now looked normal and womanly for once, was to be passed off as that character being 'fat'!?!
News Flash: men who can gleefully have you hit your daily calorie burn quota, DO like you just the way you are!
If you're in the US, it's also the Conservatism era, unfourtunately, in this country - I know I'm not the only one to see the marketed paradigm of beauty has shifted back to the gaunt, waif look ( where creatures like Ann Coulter are actually passed off as attractive), and the Jennifer Lopez-Kate Winslet visceral & delightful....now being called too much.

ID

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You men out there are lucky - not having to worry about all this stuff...
Haha trust me we have to deal with plenty more. Keeping thin is simple when compared to keeping muscular. All you have to do is not eat there is little or no physical labor involved.

arc

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Angela - a time like this calls for..... MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF SEX!

You've got calories to burn, a massive sugar and caffeine rush and a system full of 'feel good' chemicals.

Just don't kill your lover

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by arc
Angela - a time like this calls for..... MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF SEX!

You've got calories to burn, a massive sugar and caffeine rush and a system full of 'feel good' chemicals.

Just don't kill your lover

**LMAO! I figure so long as I'm on top I can use this as cardio - already figure that into my daily workouts. (Besides, I'm in the midst of that "30 thing"....my husband keeps telling me to get a boyfriend)

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
ID: Haha trust me we have to deal with plenty more. Keeping thin is simple when compared to keeping muscular. All you have to do is not eat there is little or no physical labor involved.

***Hey - love the username. Makes me think you'd be fun to burn a friday nght with. LOL! But let me tell ya, we have to work at keeping tone. I do my time on the wieght machine and on top of that the walking and all the other "keep the butt high and firm" exercises. Face it, gravity is harder on us, we have to work at keeping everything where it belongs.

Bout Time : find it in you first, then in someone else who "likes you just the way you are".

***Oh - I'm not too worried about what others think. I'm more worried about keeping everything the way I like it to look. Nothings seems to be sagging or drooping yet and if it kills me - it won't. I refuse to grow old gracefully! Just not happening.
(LOL - even got the GHR15 thing going on....OMG, did I admit that publicly???)

top topics

join