It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which books will be use to teach ID, in schools?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Meet some of the Authors that may be making the books for your children new ID class in schools.

Since our president endorsed the teaching of ID in school all hell has broken lose, now books that were just in the background has starting to surface to be perhaps the new books to take over the science curriculum and taking over by ID/

Occurs many of these authors are linked to institutions funded by Christian groups, one of these most known authors is William A. Dembski his books included “The Design Inference”

www.designinference.com...

The design inference uncovers intelligent causes by isolating the key trademark of intelligent causes: specified events of small probability. Just about anything that happens is highly improbable, but when a highly improbable event is also specified (i.e., conforms to an independently given pattern) undirected natural causes lose their explanatory power. Design inferences can be found in a range of scientific pursuits from forensic science to research into the origins of life to the search for extraterrestrial intelligence.

Another of his books is “Intelligent Design”

www.christianbook.com...

Now while this books offers alternative nowhere this books offer any explanations to the credibility of ID this books offers the theory that chances in nature are enough to challenge Evolution.

Now what kind of teaching will be this one when he even attacks science with this phrase.

"Any view of the sciences that leaves Christ out of the picture must be seen as fundamentally deficient."

Another book that may be making into the classrooms is “The Central Question of Biological Origins by Percival Davis”

book-summary-review.com

This books is to be a supplement to high school science classes. Now the reviews on this one are not very positive.

Since 1999 the teaching of religious believes in school has become a political agenda,

Fundraising proposal issued by the Discover Institute's Center for Science and Culture. The white paper called for a wedge to be driven into the tree of the predominant scientific view represented by Darwinism to reverse "the stifling dominance of the materialist worldview" and replace it "with a science consonant with Christian and theistic convictions." Dubbed "The Wedge Document,"

The wedge document has more of a political agenda than the teaching of ID in schools.

wiki.cotch.net...

So it seems that debate on what kind of books and material will be used in the School curriculum for ID started long before Mr. Bush endorsed the idea.

www.sptimes.com...

ed to shorten link

[edit on 23-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Surely the only book you really need is the bible...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well I imagine that the bible will be more than enough if you give it to the religious right.

But because it can not look "too religious" I guess they will bring all these self proclaim experts in the matter to under the strict supervision of Religious groups to chose the text to be used.

Occurs is money to be made after all.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The whole idea behind this whole ID in schools crap is money and business period. It's not about the religion. The real creationism lobbyists don't give a crap about the religion when push comes to shove. It's about money and what's in it for me.

Period.

I've just described the whole conspiracy. We can safely close down this forum now and focus our attention on more productive forums on this website...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Originally posted by TheBandit795
I've just described the whole conspiracy. We can safely close down this forum now and focus our attention on more productive forums on this website...

After all my hard work researching for this I will be very sad if you did.

But again you are right since the statements made by the president on early aug. the religous groups and publishers has been busy printing material for the new curriculum class.

It is money to be made after all.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Bah the edit messed up the post for some reason, oh well.

here is some info on the book they want to use. The book is calle "Of Pandas and People." I'm not sure if it is in this reference that it goes into the financial part or not but there is one that does.

[edit on 23-8-2005 by silentlonewolf]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Before you close it down, I just wanted to mention that I had none of these books in school and I still grew up believing in ID or Creationism because my parents taught me that.

I honestly don't think the ultimate goal is to teach ID, because people who believe in ID can teach it at home. I think it's to infiltrate the schools (and therefore the government) with religion. It's just one step in the overall plan.

Kind of like pushing the idea that killing a pregnant woman should be seen as killing 2 people. See, that means the 'baby' is a person and therefore feeds the agenda of making abortion illegal.

I think both of these 'steps' (among many others, I'm sure) are just part of the bigger plan to mesh religion and government.

Good job on the research, marg!

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's a joke People!!! And I don't own the place, so I won't do something like that.

But in a way I mean it. It's just one agenda, and they have people screaming yay or nay at each other for it. It's sneaky and it's also very selfish.

Once you're screaming at other people about evolution/no evolution; liberal/conservative etc.. etc... You are nothing but a pawn and a puppet that refuses to see the conspiracy behind it all, and who is having influence and power over you.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Are thy accutually teaching it in schools, im 13 and going into 8th so is my earth science teacher going to be teachnig this or is just a maybe???

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

But in a way I mean it. It's just one agenda, and they have people screaming yay or nay at each other for it. It's sneaky and it's also very selfish.

Yes is an agenda but no only for the education system but for the Government also.

If you look at who is behind all these fanatical issue you will find the same groups and same people financing it, the moonies, Christian coalition and others.

This is not new it started since the 80's, but now they are pushing the issue.

silentlonewolf, yes that is one of the other books that will be taking in consideration for teaching ID in schools, now take in mind that this books has been around for a while, so it tells that these people has known that eventually the issue was going to be pushed and a compromised was to be achieve but the final ok came from the man himself Mr. Bush.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
More importantly than what books will be used if ID is taught.....will the refutations of the basic propositions of those books also be taught?

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nygdan

Onces Id gets through the door of the school system we are going to have a wide array of books on topics that will span not only ID but also other topics in relation to science.

Everything will be challenged in the science curriculum and it will be plenty of religious group backed writers and "experts" to write exactly what they want.

You don't need to much brains or expertise when it comes to make your own study base on opinion.

top topics

join