It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Homeless People Could be "Terrorists"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ok they've got a point, but seriously I think things are going too far. Just about the only people who aren't suspects are the men and women in power.

If I start going by goverment logic I could probably accuse anybody on ATS or anybody I know of being a terrorist. Thats the wonderful thing about buerecrats, they know all the loophole and are experts at circular logic.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
is this still the united states ?

has anyone seen the constitution ?

has anyone seen a politician who supports the constitution ?

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What a convenient way this is to sub humanise another group of people...this time the homeless.This really is low,and seems to be another govt\media operation to perpetuate the fear which the authorities constantly crave in order to control us all.You can just imagine the government "steering" the press/tv news to this story....."we need to think of a way to encompase more undesirables into the terrorist sphere.....lets make the sheeple believe that the homeless are a threat,so we can demonise the whole damn lot of them!!"
We`ve all seen this sort of thing many times before now,governments generating fear in order to control the populace....but until the dark alliance between your GW Bush and my country`s Phoney Tony,these sort of govt fear ops seem to have been more confined to those countries who we in the UK and USA regarded as enemies....now its our own Leaders who advocate such operations.
But thats ok!! Your goverment loves you!! But remember if you dont love them back then it is you who is the terrorist!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Two things spring to mind here.

1) "Homeless people are easily overlooked..." Exactly! They shouldn't be. They shouldn't be so easily ignored. They are a major example of the problems in our society today, and should be addressed in far more substantive ways than they have been. They should not be harassed, persecuted, or hounded. They shouldn't be "easily overlooked." They should be faced as the genuine problem they are - a symptom of a much more widespread problem - inequality of living standards, and inequality (and waste) of resource distribution in the world today.

2) Whoever said it's getting to be "guilty until proven innocent" hit the nail right on the head. Unfortunately, those in authority will always be able to say that isn't the case as long as they can get away with detaining people without charging them with anything. Laws need to be passed that sanctify the right of all citizens to be treated with respect, and which define acceptable treatment of citizens who have not been charged with a crime, and if charged, not yet convicted of said crime. Clearly the current parameters are either too broad, or not broad enough.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

They knew something would happen to make people homeless. I swear it! And this was the communications strategy to justify their detainment.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

I want the police to investigate ANYTHING they find suspicious. That is their job. If they happen to target more middle eastern people, so be it.

If you still think that 9/11 was an American conspiracy, I ask you to watch the Inside 9/11 on the National geographic channel.

Common you should go work for the police ,and i'm sure you would catch yourself doing twisted investigations.. terrorists are now ominpresent

And yes i believe 9/11 was an inside job.

They don't want to see any poverty in the new world order..would you starve begging for a microchip id implant if you were homeless? They just want some beans in their hats to survive in the urban jungle, some of them are used to that lifestyle and don't want to work or can't (unfortunately). You have your id's or your are with the terrorism (remind me one bush speech) One of the NWO's forms of mind control is fear. And a lot more tools just dig this site. Security? I'd fear a lot more the affraid ones. That's just part of the big clean up now where's the all seeing eye icon ..heck

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
see.. don't know what she said after 9/11 (maybe like ''we'll build a secure and gorgeous tower instead'') but more recently on a big tragedy something leaked about poverty from the bush family ;

"Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this, this is working very well for them," Mrs. Bush told American Public Media's "Marketplace" program, before returning to her multi-million dollar Houston home.

Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor

www.abovetopsecret.com...

so stupid

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Living and working in D.C., I pass many homeless persons when walking to and from various places. Many of these people carry their belongings along with them in a big bag or some kind of push cart, but many of them simply take up home in a bus shelter, or under a tree in a park, and just leave their belongings there during the day without anyone ever giving their stuff a second glance. I shudder when thinking of the havoc a terrorist could cause if one ever decided to 'act' as a homeless person.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
I shudder when thinking of the havoc a terrorist could cause if one ever decided to 'act' as a homeless person.

I have an idea! Let's lock them ALL up in detainment camps.

...and just kill off the mouthy microbiologists.

Sound like a plan?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
In my opinion it is the governments that create terrorists through war, poverty and famine.

I was once homeless with just the clothes on my back and I wasn't a terrorist just somebody down on my luck.

As a Judeau-Christian, who acknowledges my muslim brothers and sisters I think it is wrong to label people regardless of race, religion and background.

To me a terrorist is somebody that has no regard for human life and I regard those committing anti-social behaviour a form of terrorists on a different scale. They terrorize thier neighbours until they breakdown. In my opinion-a homeless person is less likely to be a terrorist just because they are down on thier luck.

I have been a victim of anti-social behaviour and my former neighbours family threats to burn me out were as much as an atrocity as those who commit suicide so called in the name of G-d. Those type of terrorists are extremists and are far removed from the religion that they claim to represent. It is an excuse like anti-social behaviourists to threaten people or a society.

To tar everybody with the same group is ignorant and lame. The governments should look closer to home as I feel that they breed the terrorists as I have found when I was attacked by my former neighbour the government denied responsibility and condoned the behaviour. (the local government). Terrorism starts at home when they allow anti-social behavourists to continue to threaten with arson and murder to continue thier activities. These people I feel are more likely to be recruited than some poor person down on thier luck. It is the ones that have no feeling or regard for human life and take pleasure in committing these atrocities.

As I said, the governments have to look closer to home as they are the breeders of these people and allow them to ferment until they commit hanieous crimes against thier fellow man/womankind.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

ANOK : Are we supposed to be suspicious of everyone now?

Yes, we are. We're supposed to welcome 'Big Brother' to inspect our homes, our bank account, our body cavities(if needed).

Weren't the protester of G.W. during the last elections suspected terrorist, also?

I guess the elections over time to find a new group, how about Dems in general(that's the group they really want).

Why just homeless people and vagrants? They must be helped by someone to commit their supposed evil. I know who. Social Workers! It must be the social workers that are coordinating their attack on all we hold dear. Them and anyone who might defend them. the ACLU, trial lawyers, and some suspicious gov't agencies. Like HUD, social security, and EPA.

That's probably just a guess though. It might run deeper than that.

Is your neighbor building bombs in his basement? What about your partner, kids, parents...the pet.

I remember Reagan trying to blame pollution on the trees.

Is this a Republican-Nazi thing or what?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's not a partisan issue. Democrats are not the answer to the Republican problem facing America.

And for your information, trees do pollute. Do a web search if you don't believe me, but I don't want to detract from the thread any more than necessary.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
homeless people are a sign of rising poverty.there is no threat but the governments needs to make more problems.leaders make fear and we all just go boo and jump.really dont like the man kicking down those who cant help themshelf.shame shame i blame the coffee there drinking these ideas are insane.....

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
this is good, search them all, and put borders at every end of the cities. we cant take any chances. and even if homeless people see terrorists, god knows if theyll even try doing something.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Seems to me the best weapon a terrorist could have is the power to make America paranoid. Back in the 60's Russia made a statement that they would take America and never fire a shot. I thought their fall from communism was very suspicious and I am not convinced they are not involved with pushing the decay of America along. As far as homeless people go, why can't some of my hard earned tax dollars go to help America's people instead of trying to rebuild every 3rd world country out there? Where do all of these homeless people come from anyway? Addiction, abuse, ignorance! If we ignore America long enough and spend enough money outside of America things will just take care of themselves and America will fall. Terrorists? They may be the least of our worries...................

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Most of the chronic homeles are mentally ill. With the advent of thorazine back in the early 70's they opened the gates to the mental institutions and gave prescriptions of these type drugs to the mentally ill and pushed them out the door.

They got out there held jobs, but they slowly and easily justified to themselves not taking the drugs anymore and slipped through the cracks.

Now they are on the street. Of course the Republicans have them rounded up when Bush goes to a town or city. That's because he doesn't want to be reminded of his own illness and if after carefully looking at his manner during the crisis in new orleans you don't see the manifestation of a form of mental illness then you are also mentally ill.

The way he stood there shaking and looking back at daddy, mumbling and stammering, looking haggard at his oval office press conference with dad and Bill. He was going through a mental breakdown.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I find nothing disturbing about this insinuation that homeless persons could be terrorists in cognito, in fact, it's rational intelligence decorum to make such statements. It's no issue of prejudice towards the homeless, just a safe warning to agents to keep a look out in all sectors of society for potential terrorists. The article may not have elected other sectors of society in regards, but that does exclude them either. This was a memo with a certain technicality involved.

This is being extremely over blown as a insult to the homeless, when it is blantantly not.

Luxifero

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Luxifero]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Homeless People Could be "Terrorists"

Yes they could. They could be sizing up your neighborhood right now.

But what about the guy on the corner who sells Newspapers? Bet he could be a terrorist watching the daily comings and goings.

How about the Boy Scouts who knock on your door asking if you need any jobs doing? Maybe they have some ulterior motive for doing this?

Lets not forget about the person who is sat next to you on the tube or the train or the bus. He/she could just be the one that wants to blow themselves up.

Basically, we have no way of knowing who these people are, or what they should look like.

Discriminating against the minority is wrong. We are all suspects if this trait is to be followed.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I see no discrimination here at all, just simply intelligence operative advancements. The discrimination seems to be embedded in the pre-dispositioned myopia in members; if they were to truely regress from the beclouded judgement they have put upon the FBI, they would see how this is not discrimination against the homeless.

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Anyone who buys into looking for terrorists is a terrorist, because we already have a Crime code that clearly describes murder, rape, theft etc as crimes. We don't need any of this to prosecute people who commit criminal offenses against other citizen. Terrorist is a water-shed term that can mean anything you want it to mean at any time etc. International criminals are not supposed to be treated any differently under our Constitution (of 1791) than any other citizen. If you want to find a terrorist go look in the white house or better yet lets just change it's name to the white-wash house. Those who are reveling in our confusion are truly terrorists and misuse the public trust. They denegrate everything that was true and noble about this country and we need to get them off our backs. Plain and simple. The Constitution says we have a "moral obligation" to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join