It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Homeless People Could be "Terrorists"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
In a new warning being circulated to Federal employees in Washington, it is being advised that terrorists could be posing as "homeless vagrants". It is said that in Washington and other urban cities, vagrants and homeless people are less scrutinized as they wander the cities, alleys, and trains, providing an effective form of cover for terrorists wishing to scout out potential targets.

ap.tbo.com
The warning is similar to one issued by the FBI before July 4, 2004 that said terrorists may attempt surveillance disguised as homeless people, shoe shiners, street vendors or street sweepers.

The e-mail stresses that there is no threat of an attack and that it is intended to be "informative, not alarming."

Homeless people easily blend into urban landscapes, the message said.

"This is particularly true of our mass transit systems, where homeless people tend to loiter unnoticed," the e-mail said.

It referred to a recent incident in Somerville, Mass., in which a police officer became suspicious about someone dressed as a street person. The officer questioned the man, discovered he had a passport from a "country of interest" - typically a Middle Eastern or South Asian nation - and a checkbook with a questionable address, the e-mail said. The investigation is continuing, it said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is quite concerning, vagrants in a city such as New York is quite common as they wander thru the subways and lurk in front of office buildings. A terrorist could effectively use this form of disguise to commit a horrible act and while there is definitely a security issue here, I fear that homeless people will only be chased away to another area and the issue itself which is the fact that they are homeless and some who are mentally challenged will not get the necessary help they need to get off the streets. I do have hope that perhaps this issue can be handled in a manner that solves both the security issues and the homeless problem by helping homeless people get off the streets completely instead of shooing them away to another location or locking them up. We have to remember that even though these people are homeless they are still guaranteed civil rights which should be protected.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What about the technicians that fix the subways? They could be subway terrorists?

Janitors? Yep they could be terrorists.

Internet administrators... yep you guessed it, they could be terrorists.

It will never end.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
nope it won't, and will have to deal with even more scrutiny in our everyday lives, but with all of that, rights of these people need to be protected, it is very easy for civil rights to be abused when it comes to homeless because the majority doesn't effectively care enough about them in the first place.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I've got an idea

Homeless..potential terrorists ...kill them all
The poor ...likely to rebel and commit crime ...kill them all
the blacks... different colour..kill them all
the asians ... to smart..kill them all
the arabs... potential terrorist..kill them all
the undeucated....not brainwashed....kill them all
jews...cause too much trouble ....kill them all
the unskilled.... over supply of labour...kill them all
the starving millions...take money from the elites pockets...kill them all

Geez now who do we have left....I know the elite, the ones in control, the ones in power.

why are these people homeless. The rich have more money than they can use in twenty lifetimes and yet there is homeless and poor people. Why? Why isn't to have your own home a right not a privelage?

Ahh sorry off topic but just get a little cranky when I see the homeless getting picked on. How absurd to target the homeless

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
it is a legitimate concern though, homeless people are easily overlooked and what better opportunity for a terrorist. I think these are warnings mainly to scare potential terrorists from attempting this method, just to generalize they may be watching.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is sooo stupid. Just another way to alienate a part of society that the rich find distasteful and embarrassing.

So what if terrorists "might" pose as homeless people, would you know?

Terrorists could pose as anything, cops, janitors, politicians (wait they already do), high school hockey players, soccer moms, priests, ATS members.

Are we supposed to be suspicious of everyone now?

Our biggest enemy is the government, not terrorists, not homeless people, not drug addicts or criminals.
The government has killed far more people than any terrorists has.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Maybe we should just assume that everyone is a terrorist and you have to prove your not. Sounds rather silly but at the rate we are going, no one is above review and it is hard to tell what will make you suspect these days.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So you are guilty until proven innocent?

To me that is the opposite way of thinking as to how it should be. People should be free to live their lives in peace not having to prove not having suspicion cast.

Children have the right to be children.

That attitude is dangerous to the rights and freedoms of mankind

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The attitude was my point. Like I originally said, it is silly but seems to be where we are headed. It is certainly not my preference but many now seem to view just about everyone as a suspect for something. And yes, even children are considered suspects in many parts of the world where war is going on. It is sad but it would not be the first time parents have used children to execute their wishes and kill the enemy.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
No self-respecting terrorist is going to eat out of a garbage can - And unfortunately thousands of homeless people have no choice - Yes, it is that bad!! I worked all of last year trying to help the homeless in Las Vegas Nevada - And yes, there is a horrendous flip-side to all that glamour and glitz! Believe me, the homeless suffer enough already - Let's not make the situation worse by accusing them of being terrorists too!

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I agree bonijean.

Being an advocate for the homeless in Houston, these poeple have enough problems without the final verdict of terrorist. These people live hand to mouth, in gutters, on grates, river banks and shelters.

It is suspicious this man had a checkbook and a passport, but he wouldn't be the first foreign born person to chance getting lost in America.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonijean
No self-respecting terrorist is going to eat out of a garbage can....

I don't think you would know how low you can sink once the people around you start to die.

Consider the famed abu ghraib American reject Lynndie England and Charles Graner, continuing their personal pursuit towards SADISM. I don't see that as being far off from eating out of a garbage can.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Cops and every iteration of the alphabet agencies have posed as homeless for years to blend in and spy on us. I guess they just figured out the crooks could do it to.

The bum sitting outside your loft talking to his watch isn't always crazy.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This is awful. Another way to advocate the getting rid of undesirables. Maybe this is another 'exercise' in which the goverment can target a group, spin the media and then attack mercilessly by spreading insidious doubt and hatred about a subsect of our culture.

Homeless people in big cities have enough to worry about like food and finding a warm place to sleep. This problem of homelessness is tragic in a country as rich as America.

Any 'real' terrorists wanting to harm the west are probably sitting back having a good laugh as the homeless now get targetted. We are doing our committing our own distraction as we attack within and strike blindly outward as well.

Get real people. What/who is next?

People on Welfare possible Terrorists:

Yes, they are unemployed so they have longer hours to plot the destruction of REAL hard-working americans, let's kill the welfare recipients or lock them all up because that will be cheaper than aid.

Hell, let's kill everyone we hate and feel uncomfortable with - they can all be possible terrorists. Can't you see the propaganda at work? A few years ago this would have been laughable.

ps: If a homeless person thought more about destroying than eating or surviving it is probably based on his/her perception that their non-caring society has done them wrong. In which case anybody, disgruntled postman, angry mother, OKie bomber, targeted minority or homeless person would be the ideal person to bomb or cause deaths in said society. Let's address our internal issues and get rid of some of the problems.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
After just reading in my newspaper how much the Iraq war is costign the american Taxpayer, this is a disturbing article...

maybe the money spend overseas in the name of "democracy" could be used to get rid of something far worse then terrorism: POVERTY.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
How did this thread go from a warning about terrorists disguised as the homeless to "the neo-con Bush regime wants to kill the homeless, and anyone else they deem necessary!!!"

I want the police to investigate ANYTHING they find suspicious. That is their job. If they happen to target more middle eastern people, so be it.

If you still think that 9/11 was an American conspiracy, I ask you to watch the Inside 9/11 on the National geographic channel. It was extremely comprehensive, and shows how we have been pulled into a global conflict that right now is know as the War on Terror. They showed the timeline from the 80's to WTC 1 and then 9/11 and up tothe Cole, Frecnh and London bombings. Radical Islam hates America, and they will stop at nothing to accopmplsh this.Should we hate all Muslims, no. that is ignorant.

If we are all alert, maybe someone could help prevent another attack of the magnitude oif 9/11. Watch the show and you will remember how you felt that days following 9/11.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This may be a new warning, but there's nothing new about the information. Right after 9/11 there were warnings from the FBI that terrorists might have infiltrated the cities, disguised as homeless people, artists, and tourists.

There's about 6 million people fitting that description in NY on a daily basis. So..maybe they should do some policework to catch the bad guys, instead of giving the most general descriptions possible.

I think this reeks. It's a hollow warning, and it will probably be used as justification for a round-up of vagrants.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
How did this thread go from a warning about terrorists disguised as the homeless to "the neo-con Bush regime wants to kill the homeless, and anyone else they deem necessary!!!"

Umm you mentioned that and no one else. You took the thread in that direction by your reply and invited reaction which would further railroad the thread.

I know how i felt after 9/11, everyone does...and i certainly know how I feel if my government lies to me and creates a lie for me to live.

I guess you have never asked yourself just why the muslims "hate the Americans"

Anyhows enough of all this...I have to get dressed into my vagrants outfit, roll in some dirt and go suss out the city.....

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
I want the police to investigate ANYTHING they find suspicious. That is their job. If they happen to target more middle eastern people, so be it.

Yeah, that’s fine as long as it's not YOU they find suspicious.

Do you really want to live in a World where everyone is watching you, just in case you "might" do something?

Do you think they only watch Middle Eastern people?

We all have the potential to commit crime whether you're black, white or grey, a soccer mom, or from Amerikkka, or from a Middle Eastern country.

Just about every organised group is watched by someone, even church groups.

Everyone is considered suspicious in the eyes of the overlords...

Everyone is a criminal waiting to get caught in the eyes of the authorities...

If you think they have no reason to find YOU suspicious, better look again.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
come-on people!Next thing you know "they" will tell you Iraq has WMD's.....O-wait they did.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join