It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katherine Harris and 'Celestial Drops'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I came across this the other day in the newspaper after seeing Katherine on cable news TV looking positively certifiable a day or two before, and I'm getting such a hoot out of it, especially in light of her decisive (next to Justice Scalia, of course) role in the 2000 election, and her current run for Senate, that I had to start a thread about:

The Miracle Water Conspiracy

'Celestial Drops' No Cure For Canker

Four years ago, as the state labored to eradicate citrus canker by destroying trees, officials rejected other disease-fighting techniques, saying unproven methods would waste precious time and resources.

But for more than six months, the state, at the behest of then-Secretary of State Katherine Harris, did pursue one alternative method -- a very alternative method.

Researchers worked with a rabbi and a cardiologist to test "Celestial Drops," promoted as a canker inhibitor because of its "improved fractal design," "infinite levels of order" and "high energy and low entropy."

But the cure proved useless against canker. That's because it was water -- possibly, mystically blessed water.

The rest of the link only gets better.

'Celestial Drops' No Cure For Canker

The fact that she gets away with all this stuff, gets elected to Congress, and is now running for Senate just baffles me. Did anybody else see her on cable news the other day? She looked totally whacked-out! I don't have anything against her as a person or women in politics in general, but with her track record, she should just give it up or quit while she's ahead or something.

MSNBC Gossip had a field day with the 'Miracle Water' thing.

"What do Madonna and Katherine Harris have in common?

They both — it seems — have turned to the healing powers of Kabbalah water.

Harris, Florida’s former Secretary of State, who sparked worldwide controversy when she stepped into the 2000 elections and helped George Bush win, oversaw a program in which some diseased trees in Florida were treated with water provided by associates of the trendy Kabbalah Centre. The cure didn’t take."

MSNBC Gossip

and the kicker,

SARASOTA, Fla. - Republican U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris, famed as Florida's top election official during the disputed 2000 presidential vote, opened her campaign for the U.S. Senate Tuesday and promised to defeat Democratic incumbent Bill Nelson of Florida.

"Our polls show that when we get our message out, Florida's message, we will win," Harris told about 100 supporters at a community center in her home town of Sarasota.

Katherine Harris kicks off U.S. Senate campaign

I'd like to hear what exactly Katherine thinks Florida's message really is. I'm sure I'll get a hoot out of it.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You are kidding me are you.

This is the most ridiculous think I have ever seen, I tell you our country is been run by completely brain lacking people.

The only reason this women made it so far is because it was a pay back for her role in the 2000 election in Florida.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The only reason this women made it so far is because it was a pay back for her role in the 2000 election in Florida.

I think you hit the nail on the head!

And yes, I saw her the other day! She was manic! I feel kind of sorry for the lady, really. She doesn't seem to have the tools to work in her chosen field.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Harris will win. Why? Because she is a Republican!

What will Democrats do when she wins? Cry themselves to sleep, then wake up and demand a recount, of course.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Woooo. That's just what we need, Harris elected to the Senate, and the Democrats crying for a recount. That would complete this sham of a farce of a farcical sham. I, for one, hope the voters of Florida make it clear they are smarter than that.

What a joke!

new topics

top topics

join