It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: ATSNN Fact Files Repository

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here is a collection of ATSNN Fact Files for educational purposes. Please feel free to authour a fact file on a country not mentioned in this list. And I'll ensure it gets included in this Repository.

OP/ED: ATSNN Fact File: United Kingdom

OP/ED: ATSNN Fact File: United States

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sanctum and I are going well with the Australian one. Anyone wishing to contribute links, pictures or info U2U either one of us.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am still working on my Fact File on Slovenia.

It's a little Harder then I imagined.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
ATSNN Fact File: Slovenia

Thanks subz!

Was just planning to do that myself!

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
www.cia.gov...

CIA world fact book. Any country you'd like to look up.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The CIA World Fact book does not cover the kind of information listed in these fact files. Did you really need to desticky this thread?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I thought the fact files were something done by the members for the site and reference by other members.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by Mayet]

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I don't think that CIA World Fact books is exactly the SAME as the Fact Files listed here in the ATSNN Repository. They were all done by members of this Board, and for once I think you should gladly accept them and proudly show them to other members and visitors.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I agree with the above 3 posters, this is a wonderfull resource for ATSNN and frankely not many people on ATS exactly trust the CIA factbook me included. You cannot comment on CIA Factbook files like you can on these types of things on ATSNN and that link doesn't not belong in this thread IMHO. And this thread should be restickied.

[edit on 26-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I believe these "fact files" are an important part of the ATS deny ignorance statement. It is a help to have a "sticky" on them because they provide a quick reference for current news items.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I agree with you Mahree and others, they are important and I am at a loss as to the rationale behind desticking this thread. I have U2U'd SO asking him to reconsider sticking the thread but he has not replied.

All this work and effort deserves to be seen.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
CIA Factbook and Wikipedia really cover every iota of detail.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
And the other alternative forums cover every iota discussed on ATS. So should we just all pack up shop and stop using ATS as well?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
And the other alternative forums cover every iota discussed on ATS. So should we just all pack up shop and stop using ATS as well?

Now you're comparing apples to oranges.

These fact files are presented as definitive guides to countries whilst ATS threads are discursive in nature.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
These fact files are presented as definitive guides to countries whilst ATS threads are discursive in nature.

That is not true.

Never once were they passed off as "definitive guides" and they were always designed to be collaborative in nature. Hence my repeated invitations for people to add to them as they saw fit.

It was worthy enough for Springer to sticky the thread last year. I find it pretty coincidental, now that I have dared argue against the new ATSNN mogul, that a work I started is now scrapped. What a waste of bloody time and effort ATSNN has become.

[edit on 27/1/06 by subz]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well, Thomas unstickied it, take it up with him.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Then why have you Started this ATSNN Fact File Repository in the first Place?

That kind of don't make sense - first you Encourage ATS members to start making Fact Files, and now they are considered Worthless.

All I can say is:

Crappy.

new topics

top topics

join