It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Apologetics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
In this essay we're going to examine some of the more relevant issues concerning biblical criticism. Many pseudo-intellectuals and self-proclaimed "scholars" of this era go to great lengths to discredit the Bible. After all, if it is true, then they do have something to be accountable for and that would upset their whole agenda.

Rest of link...

www.reachingforchrist.org...

As well with respect to this link was curious as to the thought of all concerned?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think I like "professor Enigma."

Scholarship seems sound (SEEMS. I'm no expert) and conclusions are solid. I haven't studied this extensively, nowever.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Many pseudo-intellectuals and self-proclaimed "scholars" of this era go to great lengths to discredit the Bible

Hardly necessary.... With the passage of time, it discredits itself... First with the failure to mention the existence of beasts we now know to have existed (for example, dinosaurs), then with the idea (since disproved) of the Earth being the center of the Universe...and lately, by the behavior of it's servitors towards their altarboys... To try and discredit the bible, is a bit like throwing gasoline on a bonfire... Sure, it makes it worse, but it is hardly needed....

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Interesting criticism of the Bible "the failure to mention the existence of beasts we now know to have existed"; indeed here might be a new criticism "the failure of the Bible to delve into extinct animals, plate tektonics, and sub-atomic particles". I must E-mail this Biblical criticism to James P. Holding at www.tektonics.org for a response. The idea that "the Earth being the center of the Universe" came from that beloved Greek philosopher Aristotle (384 - 322 B.C.), a non-Biblical source. When Pope Urban VIII got on Galileo's case for heresy, that was because Pope Urban VIII was using an Aristotlean (a pagan Greek) view of cosmology. For more details:

drumright.ossm.edu...
www.crystalinks.com...
www.ianpaisley.org...
www.drury.edu...

Here is another interesting concept "by the behavior of it's servitors towards their altarboys". Using this logic, we should dismiss a belief system because of the misbehavior of some of the servitors of that belief system. If we should dismiss one belief system (Christianity) because of the misbehavior of some of it's sevitors (Priests sexual abuse of altarboys), then logically we should do this for all systems of belief, not just one. Therefore, logically, we should dismiss the concept of the Bill of Rights and democracy because of the misbehavior of some of the servitors of the system of Constitutional government and democracy (Ashcroft and Bush).

The web page in the original post was great, you all should check out the home page and the rest of the web site:

www.reachingforchrist.org...

Here is a wondeful web site operated by Calvinist Christians. What a great find. Everyone should access this site. I know I will be visiting this site quite a bit in the coming weeks.

top topics

join