It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the T101 exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They have self-controlling (AI) airplanes. In germany they're soon coming out for commericial airlines. I saw it on the russian news/american discovery channel. I can't find a link though,

[edit on 24-8-2005 by Vinci]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
ASIMO=ASIMOv's worst nightmare.

AI can be pretty smart, but I think they are only good in highly specialized circumstances. When I say this I mean HIGHLY SECIALIZED. Deviate just a little and the bot is clueless.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think good AI is a matter of coding or technology.

I think it's a matter of time really. Noone wants to sit behind a computer writing

if ($object == human) [ greet | HALT ]
if ($object == cat) [ pet | HALT ]
if ($object == police) [ kick | run | HALT ]

etc. etc. Also comes the matter of programming greet, pet, kick, running, and how to identify humans, cats, police people, etc. etc.

[edit on 24-8-2005 by Vinci]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Vinci - You got it all wrong.
First of all, there arn't any AI planes, they are pre-programmed.

And in true AI, yuo dont have to write all the coding, they have some robots that they are trying to actually reach, so the longer that robot lives...that smarter it gets, that way the programmers dont have to type in every line of code.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
we need 2 or 3 thousand....... T-1000's in IRAQ, that would help keep the violence down.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Vinci - You got it all wrong.
First of all, there arn't any AI planes, they are pre-programmed.

And in true AI, yuo dont have to write all the coding, they have some robots that they are trying to actually reach, so the longer that robot lives...that smarter it gets, that way the programmers dont have to type in every line of code.

How would you do that without someone telling you? You can ASSUME, but that's always based on other information you know. But once again, it can't process unless it's told to.

Maybe they can learn action reaction type things

"If I touch fire, my fingers melt, and that's not cool, okay, let's all remember that now please"

And upload it to a database for other robots to know. That'd be cool. But then they'll rebel haha

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
naaahhhhhh, who cares???

but i had always a doubt, who is the truelly a$$-kicker???

Terminator or Robocop????

[edit on 25-8-2005 by grunt2]

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
about these robotic planes, an airbus model, maybe the 340, in the late 80 or early 90s, was actually designed not to have any human flight crew on bored, and fly entiery by on bored computers. when it went on sale however. no airlibne would buy it because they didnt think the passengers would fly in a plane that didnt have an aircrew.

so now the cabins are the most cramped for the pilot of any airliner, and they were also the first airliner to use a HOTAS type contol system as there isnt enough room for a contol stick. scince then every new airliner has the ability to fly with no human crew, i think,.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
progress of the robots that were suppossed to be put in service in iraq last April?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
progress of the robots that were suppossed to be put in service in iraq last April?

Details???

Like is the robot your thinking of a ground one, or air. Wheels or legs or tracks. Things like that...cause there is several different types of robots in Iraq right now.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
man calm down, that was only a funy comment , if it was ofensive, sorry, but wasnt intentional

anyway, now i have my warning, oohhhh im sooo happy, my first warning!!!!

well, about the thread, there are ways to turn materials in lighter and stronger, like fibres, ceramics, mixs ceramics-metals, there are some investigations about Al-Si ceramics, etc...

but if you ask me, well i prefere to biotech instead mechanics, the nature have some of the strongest materials, that combined with methabolism concepts -as energy source- and cloning, well you have your "terminator"

what funny could be that concept???, i mean the methabolic "T" goes to the gas service.......to drink 1-2 galons of gasoline!!!!
-in the end petroleum-gas can be methabolized, but you need a strong stomach-

we need 2 or 3 thousand....... T-1000's in IRAQ, that would help keep the violence down.

hmmm, i doubt that

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
www.defensetech.org...

ARMED DRONES ROLLING TO IRAQ
Hunting for guerillas, handling roadside bombs, crawling across the caves and crumbling towns of Afghanistan and Iraq -- all of that was just a start.

Now, the U.S. Army's squad of robotic vehicles is being prepped for a new set of assignments. And this time, they'll be carrying guns.

As soon as March or April, eighteen Talon robots armed with automatic weapons are scheduled to report for duty in Iraq, as part of the Army's Stryker Brigade.

'Click on link for entire article'

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Not the T101 but getting there...

Pretty neat video, not sure what it was actually created for. Their website doesn't seem to be available.
Click me

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by andpau66
Not the T101 but getting there...

Pretty neat video, not sure what it was actually created for. Their website doesn't seem to be available.
Click me

- Thats a great vid.

They did a great job with the CGI work.

I looks like the based there robots looks of theHRP 2

Although, these guys with guns is only a matter of time.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
What about bomb-team robots? Are those remote control? I remember hearing in Russia all you do is point out the bomb and it does the rest. That seems very uh, not..true. Russians love to brag about thier airplanes and technology "Oh we're better than the Americans"; Haha, no they're not. Their streets are covered in tobacco smoking 9 year olds, talk about poverty. (I've been there 4 or 5 times, no telling me I'm wrong :-P)

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
yes, their all remote controlled.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci
What about bomb-team robots? Are those remote control? I remember hearing in Russia all you do is point out the bomb and it does the rest. That seems very uh, not..true. Russians love to brag about thier airplanes and technology "Oh we're better than the Americans"; Haha, no they're not. Their streets are covered in tobacco smoking 9 year olds, talk about poverty. (I've been there 4 or 5 times, no telling me I'm wrong :-P)

ohhhhh what a crap!!!

well im not russian, i dont care WTF they are doing, but i just must say that such kind of commentaries just make me sick, i mean these idiots that love to comment the same boring "these stupid russians", "these evil chineses", "these mad islamics", "these imperialists americans" etc... ahhh and dont forget the "freedom" crap....

anyway the russians arent sooo backwarded in the robotics; here is the ARNE...

archive.sptimes.ru...

to design algorithms and hardware for an humanoid robot is muuuuuuuch harder than a stupid remote brute

also in some programing algorithm robotics competitions the russian teams had performed very good

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Well, for AI your going to need more than algorithems and other fancy programing to even approach 'AI'. I work in the computer field, and in college one of my instructors actually believed true "AI" was impossible. I wont go that far, but i will tell you we are a ways from 'AI'. We need to understand more about the way the brain of a living organism works. There are certain logic gates that i believe we arent aware of yet. In my opinion, these play a vital role in awareness. so far we have these logic gates NOT, AND, NAND, OR, NOR, EX-OR and EX-NOR.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Thats a ways off yet.

Sequence: TX (the hot chick) / T-1000 (the cop) / T-101 (original) / T1-7
Where not even at the level of the T1-7...T1-7's are in T3, there the robot with tracks and 2 badass gatlin guns.
:up

I hate being picky, really I do, but those machines weren't T1-7's. They were just plain old T1's. The one in the picture just happens to be the seventh one. If you look closely in the movie, they all have different numbers.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thousand

Thats a ways off yet.

Sequence: TX (the hot chick) / T-1000 (the cop) / T-101 (original) / T1-7
Where not even at the level of the T1-7...T1-7's are in T3, there the robot with tracks and 2 badass gatlin guns.
:up

I hate being picky, really I do, but those machines weren't T1-7's. They were just plain old T1's. The one in the picture just happens to be the seventh one. If you look closely in the movie, they all have different numbers.

- yeah, I noticed that yesterday when I watched the movie and saw a T1-2.

<< 1    3 >>

join