It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the T101 exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Have you ever wondered if the T101 (the terminator) exists? or any prototypes? after seeing on the news recently of that robot that look slike a human in japan it got me thinking...

any opinions?

thanks

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I htink there are possibly prototypes of a robotic machine that has the capiabllityes of shooting, however I highly doubt there is anyhing like the Terminator about...

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
No, it doesn't exist.

I work in computers and have tinkered (hobbyist fashion) with robots. There's some pseudo-mecha suits, but "artificial intelligence" isn't even as intelligent as your average dog, and the self-contained power sources for a mecha-soldier simply don't exist.

The robots they demonstrate in Japan are the most advanced, but they can't do much more than the tiny robots can... and that's not a whole lot, believe me.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
No, it doesn't exist.

I work in computers and have tinkered (hobbyist fashion) with robots. There's some pseudo-mecha suits, but "artificial intelligence" isn't even as intelligent as your average dog, and the self-contained power sources for a mecha-soldier simply don't exist.

you continue to suprise me byrd...fingers in all the pies of knowledge

can always rely on your info for some good facts

any back to the topic..they dont have the power source as byrd stated for these type of robots..thats the first thing they have to overcome
then there is the AI question...we would know if they got AI to any where close to the levels needed to make a T101..IMO

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Some kind of metal stronger than steel, lighter than aluminium, and totally fantasy right now, not to mention the AI, power supply, and optic problems.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think according to something I read, scientists would be amazed if AI/Robots were clever enough to take over their Labs, that is how slow AI progresses.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Give ASIMO a titanium-kevlar outer shell and a sub machine gun and the T101 will start to seem pretty real.

Quite worrying to think about how someone could simply buy and use ASIMO.........

ASIMO

Granted bird is right though. A guy on TV said that the most advanced AI robotics so far is about as advanced as a severely retarded fish with arthritis and altzeimers.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thats a ways off yet.

Sequence: TX (the hot chick) / T-1000 (the cop) / T-101 (original) / T1-7
Where not even at the level of the T1-7...T1-7's are in T3, there the robot with tracks and 2 badass gatlin guns.

were getting there...

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
No actually, The T-17 (the first pic) is completely within our technological ability. We are completely capable of building it, just no one has......There are far more practical ways to kill people.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
No actually, The T-17 (the first pic) is completely within our technological ability. We are completely capable of building it, just no one has......There are far more practical ways to kill people.

hmmmmmm.......maybe.

Cause remember, they weren't controlled, so they do have a pretty good AI, in order to not run into walls, and actually hit the people.

But BTW, the T1-7 is just impractical, one shot to the head and its over. Plus they would cost a ton.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I mean ASIMO, can balance in extreme circumstances, run, dodge, quickly problem solve etc. It can judge distances, discern between people and objects, colours, children to adults etc etc.

All you would have to do is program it to fire a gun, and only at certain objects, dodge dangerous things etc. Simple simple!

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
God so silly i didnt think of it! Just give ASIMO tank tracks and gatlin guns for arms and its basically a T-17!

Corse you have to give it a meaner looking face

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
if they cant create a t101, can they use existing technology along with human brains and create something similar to robocop (sorry im ina very sci fi mood atm lol)

peace

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I think that with what i see out there i belive that the T17 is within our reach in a few years if we were to persue that type of killing machine. It is just not practical, to expensive, when humans are willing to do the job.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   

so they do have a pretty good AI, in order to not run into walls, and actually hit the people.

There's a robot in japan which cleans your floor, it detects the surface (marble, carpet, wood) chooses what kind of mess it is, and cleans it. It has sensors to see where it would fit and where it wouldn't. It can detect walls, stairs, chairs, and all that jazz. And it cleans well. It's for sale. I've seen commercials.

So, there ya go.

[edit on 23-8-2005 by Vinci]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Heeheehee

Murcielago: Where not even at the level of the T1-7...T1-7's are in T3, there the robot with tracks and 2 badass gatlin guns.

Are you saying we're not advanced enough to create that!

[edit on 23-8-2005 by Shadow88]

[edit on 23-8-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You are correct though in saying that a semi humanoid form is impractical compared to your real robot tank pic.

Although 99% human looking robots would also be extremely valuable. They could replace human soldiers (as is the storyline in 'terminator'), And infiltrate hostile areas with no danger of harm. Its just a case of getting from this:

to this.

ALTHOUGH! The vision of the schwarzenegger robot isnt actually as far as you might think. Just check this out.

Real Robot Woman

PS: The woman is a robot

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinci

so they do have a pretty good AI, in order to not run into walls, and actually hit the people.

There's a robot in japan which cleans your floor, it detects the surface (marble, carpet, wood) chooses what kind of mess it is, and cleans it. It has sensors to see where it would fit and where it wouldn't. It can detect walls, stairs, chairs, and all that jazz. And it cleans well. It's for sale. I've seen commercials.[edit on 23-8-2005 by Vinci]

yeah, there a lot of robot vacuums out there, the best one is Roomba, i'de like to get one of those, 200 bucks and never have to vacuum again.

They dont kill people though...But if you do, they will at least clean up the mess.

and Shadow, did you ms paint that yourselve?

Nasa has a remote controlled upper torso, it has stereo vision (like us) and has the best robot hands ever!, and mated with a segway, all it needs is a couple hand guns, and ship er to Iraq.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You know I actually bought one of those Roomba vaccuum cleaners from sharper image for my home. Put a nice dent in my credit card. But I tell you what that # does a badass job. It easily detects drops and doesnt go anywhere near falling off them. If you got a pet dog or cat, and carp[et this thing is your best friend. You never have to spend any friggin time vaccuuming. Just set it before you go to work and when you come home the # is clean. Thing automatically returns to the charger when its low on power or done cleaning the said room.

The only drawback is if something is just high enough to let the front of the bot in, but low enough to where it has to squeeze it can get stuck occasionly. Thats easily solveable though by putting objects in front of it to block it.

As far as the topic goes, I strongly believe Asimo is capable of being converted into a killing machine and I would not be surprised, in fact I would bet that they already have taken it through several field tests fireing guns. Those digits on its hands can move, therefore they can easily squeeze a trigger. Imagine this thing running with an RPG in its hand and then firing at a target. It is such a basic command it is absurd to believe there are not prototypes built that test these abilities.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Last i heard, AI was around earth worm levels.

Do not mistake robots for AI either. All the fancy military bots being shown are made to run by human control. The automated ones tend to have simple programing like patrol and shoot, no AI.

In the future, sure. Soon? Probably not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join