It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oobe, lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, demonic attack. a disturbing experience.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
this is part of a dream i had a few nights ago, which led into something disturbing and rather frightful. i apologise for the way i dramatised the following account, but that's just how real and odd it felt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was in a museum or art gallery of sorts, and there was this old painting. hung vertically it cast an image/vision, or strange outline/sketch of christ on the cross, or maybe even something similar to the shroud of turan. although it seemed to not purposefully portray that image. later on i was speaking with a librarian who about the painting, when she skeptically presented me with a small copy of a map, depicting the known world, also with the supposed lost continents of atlantis and lumeria/mu, and maybe other parts i couldn't recognise.

it looked strangely familiar, so much that when i laid it out horizontally, the same image from before could be seen. we both were oddly shocked, not fully understanding, and there was a dark unsettling feeling about the image. suddenly a girl in a bedrobe ran across the hall into a bedroom where a couple lay awake and startled, and then into another room of which i followed. something didnt feel right, and the last room was covered in shadows, the girl nowhere to be seen. i frantically begin to look around for her when the dream suddenly ends.

my eyes open. facing my open closet to the left of me stands a strange shadow/skeletal figure with yellow-pupiled eyes, hands grasping and chewing at what appear to be my own hands and arms, the same hands and arms i would swear that lay still at my side. i then realise, having semi oobe'ed before that they were my astral hands/arms which were flailing about at my side, completely numb feeling. rather shocked and unable to move physically, i blink once. it is still there. i blink again. it is still there. i blink a third time. it is still there, feasting.

personally, i'm more spiritual than religious, but i guess as a natural protective reflex from my childhood, i began to recite a prayer in jesus's name. the shadow/demon thing paused, looked straight into my eyes/soul and said, "he is not in your house". i was shocked and just kept reciting the prayer, to which the thing finally bent/stretched backwards and up, into the shadowy corners of my closet. i then sat up in my bed, scared like i've never been before. my body felt colder than usual, and i had to pull a large blanket over myself to feel warm, and safe. i sat there for a long while, until i had to put some music on to get my mind out of shock/fear and back to sleep. it was the strangest thing that has ever happened to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'll now approach this experience with things i find were clearly evident.

- effects of sleep paralysis after waking
- possible lucid dreaming
- oobe attack from a dark/evil entity (as futile as it became, it was an attack nonetheless)
- feeling of pure evil in and out of dreaming
- confusing imagery of christ and lost continents

now i wish to question the entire accounts plausiblity of being as real as it felt. have such things ever been brought out of dreams? and if so, why did it take so long to expel it even after i had made myself conciously aware by blinking, even while under paralysis? what does it mean when it finally was repelled by my persistent prayer in something i sometimes find a lack of faith in? maybe there is even hope for some afterall... did i even wake up at all? quite possible....

what i find interesting is that i remember my brother mentioning a passage in the bible when some non-believers who denied jesus, were confronted by a demon, they tried to use his name to banish it, to which it replied with something along the lines of "he is not in/or of your house". if someone could clarify this, that'd be great. i'll leave it all at that until i get some feedback.

-def.out

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I would say this was probably a dream. Horrible dreams are the most vivid and it is easier to remember them clearly. Many people forget most of their dreams when they wake and forget most of the detail. Most dreams seem very real, that is why it takes alot of practice for lucid dreaming.

Now, whether or not this was a dream, it may have been a spiritual attack. The creature would most likely be a demon. When he says "Jesus is not in this house." it probably has to do with your struggling faith. Many Christians are assaulted. Most often the strong Christians are assaulted more directly in this way. I have heard stories about demonic assaults involving sleep paralysis. My wife and her family have had this problem. Since you are struggling with your faith you are a perfect target. I don't know if you have accepted Jesus into your heart or not but that would tie into the "struggling" part I mentioned. Demons WILL lie to you. They even pretend to be friendly sometimes just to steer you off course. But, using Jesus' name is a sure fire way to get rid of a demon. It only works if you believe though. Don't worry you don't need to be the most faithful, if you had faith the size of a mustard seed you could move mountains. Literally.

If you have given your heart to Jesus you atleast know where you're going when you die and that is the most important part because nothing can harm you. I believe that while you should be wary and cautious of demons, Jesus WILL drive them away and protect you. Sorry I'm not trying to preach to you. I am just trying to explain what I believe to be the true nature of demons.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by imas]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
i can see where you are coming from. it's just that, the transition seemed soo smooth. i didn't blink a fourth time before i sat up, as i saw it retreat. and i have had oobe experiences before, and it felt like that, but then again, dreams do well at imitation.

either way, i suppose i am in some sort of struggle, trying to accept certain things that have periodically happened to my family and what not.

i just dont understand the paintings and why they felt so evil. maybe it was tricks, setting up the trap... who knows...

i'll have to mull this one out carefully.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
deafences hit, you write well. I like that you purposely didnt say you 'awoke'. Instead the 'dream ended' and your 'eyes opened.' nice.

could you be more descriptive about this 'entitiy'. I know its difficult, because when these things happen, its hard to focus on one detail because thats when it gets blury; like looking directly at a star vs. lookin just next to it. If you could conjure up any more details, I would much like to read them. For example, when you say 'feasting' -well it certainly could not have been feasting on your literal 3D arm, or you would be riddled with chew marks.

Possibly, could 'arm chewing' be a metaphoar for some astral entity vampiristically feeding off of your fears? Only when you pushed aside your fear for faith and coviction in Jesus, did the 'demon' flee into shadows.

what i find particualarly interesting about your dream is you "awoke" into another "dream". personally, I have only experienced this once, and both dreams I had that night, (i guess pt. 1 & 2) were very detailed, included some very vivid lucid adventure, and strangly enough ended with some sleep paralysis and myself in a position of ~percieved~ vulnerability. Odd coincence? Maybe, but I doubt it.

anyways, good story. if you havent yet, you should see the independent film from a few years back by Richard Linklater called "Waking Life". Excellent film.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
send me a u2u if there is anything you want to bounce off of someone privately

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hi Deaf,

I had a similar experience to yours, meaning I was trapped in an OOBE/dream hell and not being able to wake up. My body was paralyzed but I was fully aware of my surroundings, which I viewed through a normal, conscious perception of the non-dream variety (light of room, time of day, sound was the same). I drew a diagram and wrote 2 pages in my journal with every detail I could remember. Especially since the experience was so unique; even for a strange dreamer like me

It was like the segments of an orange and I kept popping back into a paralyzed state, even when I thought I was awake. At one point I stood up, looked out of the window in my bedroom and was very relieved to no longer be dreaming because I had tried everything, repetitions, pinching myself, blinking, biting the inside of my lip, all to know avail. I remained 'asleep.

But even standing by the window wasn't 'real' as I soon realised when I tried to move. My body was numb, my arms ached from trying to move them and I was back in bed, even though I could see and feel myself if that makes any sense.

The 'real' me was awake. The physical me was asleep and my body couldn't wake up no matter what I did. For the next few dream hours, I popped in and out of that state and I saw things I never want to see again.

The last 'layer' or segment was when I awoke to see this figure dressed in black who floated into my room (he was quite graceful) and sat near by bed. It did not speak nor was I able to see his face, but his presence was frightening enough. Especially when the conscious me realised he had somehow walked into my room navigating around a narrow passageway between my dresser and my filing cabinet that is all of six inches. In other words, impossible - no one could fit in that space. There was a lot of babbling noise too - not sure where it was coming from. Sounded like foreign tongue I had never heard before and it was def. multi-faceted, voices everywhere; like birds.

I don't know about the religion bit as I myself am not and could not/would not advise you. But I just wanted to say I have experienced this lucid nightmare before. It is horrible and I don't quite understand it still as I am one of those anti-OOBE people. I have had a few of them before but never willingly and almost always with a bad experience. I would never consciously OOBE and I know people go on about how great it is and how safe, I for one would vehemently disagree.

In the same dream I described earlier, my cousin came to visit me. I leaned out of my window annoyed that she had not called first. She was walking through my garden and then came inside the house through the backdoor. It makes sense to me now that she didnt call, seeing how she had died 3 months previously.

When she came up to my room where I was napping (dreaming) I stood up to open the door and then w/out looking at her face I noticed that her feet were caked in dirt from my garden. All of a sudden I remember her predicament and without another thought immediately slammed the door on her w/out saying a word. What would I have seen had I dared look into her face? I don't even want to think about it.

It stands to reason that my cousin did not speak to me either. My Irish friend says the dead don't speak.

Anyway, besides the religious slant you may want to do more research on odd OOBE experiences. It may have to do more with a lot of other things - most of them unexplored or paranormal. Fear presents itself to us in many ways; yours could be religious/demons mine could be the dead/madness
either way they are scary as hell.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I had a dream that I dont remember much of but the bits I do recall are odd,
some spirit lady was trying to get my umm reproductive fluid and had some strange collection device, I ran somehow managed to get rid of her by throwing some object into the fire then I woke up,
I saw a big sphere that I could see thru which had colors around it and tendrils that withdrew into it as it slowly backed away,
as it moved some of the colors would bleed into each other and eventually it got kinda far and it kinda somehow pulled the background of the hallway that I was seeing thru it over it in a warping sort of way and it vanished.

never seen anything like it before or since then, and no I wasnt on any drugs or been drinking as I am not really a fan of eather.

fum

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
can some1 tell me what you all said in what 1 paragraph cause i hate ready paragraphs that are so closely together it gets me frustrated
btw ive had my tons of shared dreams about me and demons and no i aint religious and no i hadnt seen any movies that even had blood in them for weeks when i started getting these dreams

[edit on 22-8-2005 by fum]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
deafences hit, you write well. I like that you purposely didnt say you 'awoke'. Instead the 'dream ended' and your 'eyes opened.' nice.

could you be more descriptive about this 'entitiy'.

thanks a bunch. i don't write as much as i used to, so i suppose it's just something i kick around every now and again. it's probably something i should do more often.

in regards to the entity, i managed to sketch two quick pics of what i saw. two things which obviously stand out are it's cross like eyes, and spikey crown. it was also tall, lanky, and crouched over. sorry for the lack of detail, but it's all i could grasp in the moment:

For example, when you say 'feasting' -well it certainly could not have been feasting on your literal 3D arm, or you would be riddled with chew marks.

Possibly, could 'arm chewing' be a metaphoar for some astral entity vampiristically feeding off of your fears? Only when you pushed aside your fear for faith and coviction in Jesus, did the 'demon' flee into shadows.

as far as i could tell, my physical arms were at my side. from what i saw, it appeared that my astral arms were the ones which were being 'chewed' on, flailing, trying to break free. it's possible that it was vampirically feeding on my fears, or lack of faith there in. thinking on it again, i was intrigued how it denied my own faith, typical, one could say, trying to make me more helpless. but eventually, with persistence, it literally bent like a wave, up into the corner shadows of my closet. i'm slighty more or so weirded out by the dream though, that map, and the image, i just don't understand it...

what i find particualarly interesting about your dream is you "awoke" into another "dream".

note that i did not blink a fourth time, and distinctively remember sitting up straight away. whether it was another dream or not, i dont know, but i suppose both are possible explanations.

i haven't seen that movie, i'll have to look into it sometime.

Originally posted by imas
send me a u2u if there is anything you want to bounce off of someone privately

sorry if i don't quite understand what you mean here.

Originally posted by nikelbee
I had a similar experience to yours...

wow nikelbee, that seems intense. i think you were fully out and about doing your thing, where as i think my astral self was retreating from the so called nightmare to my body for safety, when it got snagged. do you think that dark figure could be death? what with your cousin being dead and apparently on your property that is. weird.

Originally posted by noctu
I had a dream that I dont remember much of but the bits I do recall are odd...

like nikelbee's encounter, wow again. i'm glad other people are able to share these kinds of experiences. it puts some of the unknown into perspective.

Originally posted by fum
can some1 tell me what you all said in what 1 paragraph cause i hate ready paragraphs that are so closely together it gets me frustrated

ahh but such is life, a little patience didn't hurt anyone. plus i think you'll get more from it all if you take the time. cheers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
off of responses, i hope that clears a lot up. lemme know if there i still left anything unanswered.

def.out

[edit on 23-8-2005 by deaf fences hit]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
If the 'demon' could read your mind, or your emotions, it would know you don't believe what you are saying.

Therefore, it knows how to mess with you.

Hell, even the bit about your brother mentioning it plays into that.

If they exist, they have power based on what you give them. So to all you people going off willy-nilly projecting places, now you now that its not as care-free as you first thought, huh?

Now imagine what is the worst a group of astral projectors could do,over the curse of years.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
If the 'demon' could read your mind, or your emotions, it would know you don't believe what you are saying.

Therefore, it knows how to mess with you.

Hell, even the bit about your brother mentioning it plays into that.

If they exist, they have power based on what you give them. So to all you people going off willy-nilly projecting places, now you now that its not as care-free as you first thought, huh?

Now imagine what is the worst a group of astral projectors could do,over the curse of years.

interesting...

the thing about it is that i do have a religious past where i wholeheartedly believed in it. now i still do in ways, yet have learnt to question those who dispense it, and am more attuned to it's basic principles. i believe some person named jesus existed around that time, and was if anything, somewhat enlightened.

i just thought it was interesting that the demon said it like that, because it was an exact example of what one demon said to a group who denied jesus at first, yet still used his name for defence. but like imas said, even a faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains. so maybe there was something still in me. who knows...

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It may not even be a matter of faith. Maybe sincerely asking for help is enough.

new topics

top topics

join