It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Ritual turns Deadly

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Man Killed During Initiation at Masonic Lodge
Tuesday, March 09, 2004

PATCHOGUE, N.Y. — A man was killed during a Masonic initiation ceremony when another member fired a gun loaded with real bullets instead of the expected blanks and shot him in the face, police said Tuesday.

continue...

Original Clipping

There are literally hundreds of other stories that end up with someone dead in a Masonic Ceremony:

Masonic Ceremony Shootings - Headlines

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Old news, did this last year.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Old news, did this last year.

Sorry, didn't know

I searched and found nothing.

First time I've heard of this story.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm sure the link will show up, I'm too damn tired to look for it. Have you ever stripped floors on a deadline. OUCH!

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'm sure the link will show up, I'm too damn tired to look for it. Have you ever stripped floors on a deadline. OUCH!

hehe what's...stripping floors?

oh wait, nevermind. googled it.

tough work man, you'll pull through

Edit* Did you use this machine?

[edit on 22-8-2005 by eudaimonia]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
i wonder what kind of ceremony that was, since ive never seen (yet) a masonic ritual involving guns. could this be a assasination in disguise?

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i just browsed through teh link your provided, what the hell is going on with all those shootings in lodges? is that how they get rid of the brothers they dont like anymore?

congrats, i just learned that masonry kills more people than marijuana.

[edit on 22-8-2005 by moonchild]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonchild
i just browsed through teh link your provided, what the hell is going on with all those shootings in lodges? is that how they get rid of the brothers they dont like anymore?

I don't know, but it's pretty disturbing, to say the least!!

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

i wonder what kind of ceremony that was, since ive never seen (yet) a masonic ritual involving guns. could this be a assasination in disguise?

I was thinking the same thing myself, my Uncle has been a Mason for over 30 years and I don't ever remember guns mentioned

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

I was thinking the same thing myself, my Uncle has been a Mason for over 30 years and I don't ever remember guns mentioned

Could be because your in Oz. The Brothers to the South(I'm Canadian) have a greater affinity to firearms than most.

Nope Eudaimonia it was more like this one:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
why a gun in an initiation ceremony? only a criminal group or a bunch of young kids so called satanists will do that. grown-ups should act as grown-ups.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia
Man Killed During Initiation at Masonic Lodge
Tuesday, March 09, 2004

PATCHOGUE, N.Y. — A man was killed during a Masonic initiation ceremony when another member fired a gun loaded with real bullets instead of the expected blanks and shot him in the face, police said Tuesday.

There have been a few threads of this - the most recent one is

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are literally hundreds of other stories that end up with someone dead in a Masonic Ceremony:

Masonic Ceremony Shootings - Headlines

Sloppy information. Look again at your link and you will see that there are "literally hundreds" of links to the same story.

There has only ever been one incident like this. A bunch of freemasons had set up their own social club which met at the masonic hall. They invented their own 'initiation' ceremony which involved gun play. Someone died. They couldn't have been more stupid if they tried.

This story hit the world's media the same day as a suicide bomber attempted to destroy a lodge meeting in Turkey.

news.bbc.co.uk...

See if you can guess which story had legs...

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yes, this was posted, analysed and covered off one year and five months ago.

There are no guns and no-one gets injured in any Masonic ceremony.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by zahei
why a gun in an initiation ceremony? only a criminal group or a bunch of young kids so called satanists will do that. grown-ups should act as grown-ups.

We've all agreed that this tragedy could have easily been prevented, and that the ceremony was childish beyond question. I only respond here to note that this particular ceremony was not a Masonic ritual. The initiation ceremony was written and practiced by a social club calling themselves the "Fellow Craft Club". They were all members of that Lodge, and met in that Lodge, and therefore, unfortunately, the Brother's death occured in that Lodge.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Anyway it's a good one for Darwin Awards

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I just saw the floor stripping conversation, thats my job. I use the aforementioned floor sanders, plus this little back breaker.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The group in Patchouge was made up of masons, but they weren't performing a masonic ritual. They had made up their own little group.

Also, please notice, it was an accident, the old coger hadn't loaded the gun, not many people would join a group that has your own execution as one of its 'rituals'. Kind of hard to particpate after that.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

They were doing something outside Freemasonry inside the temple, it was taken as some sort of Masonic ritual when it clearly is not. There is not even one ritual in Masonry that you are allowed to take anything offensive or defensive with you into the lodge.

This was a sad mark on Freemasonry, these guys did this and now it is suddenly accepted that Masons fire guns at each other during ritual work.

We have never fired a gun in our Lodge or in our Temple at all. It simply is unheard of. I am surprised the Grand Lodge in NY didn't seize the Constitution of that Lodge and Suspend all the members.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
LOL! And I was put off by the usual part of requesting to be brought out of the dark and into the light crap!

This adds yet another concern!!

Good, gun-toting Americans! Since you don't hear of this very often, it seems the Masons have better firearms training courses than any other group!

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Oh Thomas

You're such a tease...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join