It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese people never forget such American people--- The Flying Tigers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The Flying Tigers were formed more than 60 years ago by General Claire Lee Chennault, commander of the US 14th Air Fleet during World War II, to support China's fight against the Japanese. During the war, the US Flying Tiger shot down more than 2000 Japanese fighters and killed over 60 thousand Japanese aggressors. American pilots had ever opened up the "Hump Course" across the "the Roof of the World". Over 600 Chinese and American planes crashed and over 1, 500 pilots lost their precious lives.Chinese people never forget US "Flying Tiger" pilots who helped fight invading Japanese troops 60 years ago.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
We haven't forgotten them, either. The best of a generation was lost 60 years ago.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I just saw some thing on the news about them re-enacting those battles with radio controlled planes, explosives and all. Sounds pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
very refreshing to hear some amicability between the US and China..

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
We will never see another "Greatest Generation" ever again. Those people were a complete gift.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Born of poverty during the great depression only to spend the best carefree years of their youth fighting the greatest threat that humanity had seen.......only to return in victory after immense sacrifice of life and limb to provide the most prosperous and highest quality of living ever experience by common man...........

That is a generation that will unlikely ever be repeated again in this country or any other.......

.........we own them gratitude beyond comprehension for this sacrifice............

I try to live my life in as a responsible individual of the highest integrity in due part as an honor in the hope of being a worthy recipient of their sacrifice......

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Nice post. My grandfather would talk about them. It does seem that some of the best has been lost over generations.

top topics

join