It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The catholic matrix....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Seems that the Catholic church is out to remake itself with a new poster advertising for priests in which the figure looks suprisingly like Neo, from the Matrix.

An edgy poster showing a somber Catholic priest in full black cassock and sunglasses posed like “The Matrix” star Keanu Reeves is proving so popular that the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has snapped up 5,000 of them. […]

“If we can get high-school youth to hang a picture of a priest in their room, that’s huge in helping young men to answer the call to the priesthood,” the cleric said. “Anyone who is a ‘Matrix’ guru looks at the picture and automatically gets it.”

Crucifix in hand, Father Meyer posed for the poster, rated R for “restricted to those radically in love with Jesus Christ.” Running time is “all eternity,” and its title reads, “The Catholic priesthood: The answer is out there … and it’s calling you.”

It comes from this website....
www.timboucher.com...

where the comments from readers are so bizzare as to be as entertaining as the article

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Peter Kolvenbach needs to quit snorting coke and playing with the ouji boards I think

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
If one of my boys had a poster of a Priest hanging in their room I would know there was a BIG problem

Or if our Priest had posters of young men hanging in his room

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen

Organized religion trying to be "hip" and "cool" by advertizing themselves with a man who, in the movie, brought freedom to people who's minds were enslaved.

The best irony I've seen recently.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
This is one of the funniest things I have ever seen

Organized religion trying to be "hip" and "cool" by advertizing themselves with a man who, in the movie, brought freedom to people who's minds were enslaved.

I was thinking the same thing

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

Exactly! I thought the same thing, too!

And this quote: ...rated R for “restricted to those radically in love with Jesus Christ.”

really kind of nauseates me. Is this a direct appeal for young gay men to enter the priesthood??

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I tell you what you put a priest looking like that in any church and you are going to have biggggg problems with the female flock.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That's just hilarious... Now I just keep taking lines from the Matrix movies and making them Catholic.

"What are you waiting for? You're holier than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to convert me and convert me."

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thats the funniest thing i've seen all day. It would be pretty unbelieveable to walk into a church and seen that in the enterance.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

"Never send a human to do a priest's job."

"The Oracle told me that I would fall in love and that that man... the man that I loved would be The One."

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Here is what looks like the original article...

www.catholic.org...

new topics

top topics

join