It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathy, Is it real and in today's Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
OK, have I missed something here. I have been noticing people mainly within my work environment who have been sending these signals or something. It’s more than just motioning, it includes a clear thought transfer and acknowledgment between the two people.

I also feel they know what I am thinking cause I get the clear indication prior to my saying something they already know what I am going to say, or what I feel about an issue we are working on. They know what I am thinking.

I have read others on this forum who feel the same type of things are now occurring.

So what gives, does anyone know anything about this telepathic capability, and it’s existence in today’s society.

I decided to post this here in the science & technology area, as apposed to the paranormal forum, cause it appears to be something developed, like a break-through drug, or something, which has been stumbled upon.

Any info on this would be appreciated. If you like you can U2U me.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowYouDoin
I decided to post this here in the science & technology area, as apposed to the paranormal forum, cause it appears to be something developed, like a break-through drug, or something, which has been stumbled upon.

This topic has been moved by staff to the Paranormal forum.
Discussions of telepathic experiences do belong in the Paranormal.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This just appears to be something more than purely paranormal, or something only particular/special people possess. I think there is some type of technology behind it. This is why I originally posted it in the Science & Technology forum.

I read this recently at the BioEd web site which sounds pretty realistic:
www.bioedonline.org...
Partial quote by Kharvey…
“Telepathy using tiny amounts of psychiatric drugs with alcohol provides pronounced results, possibly simular to his experience in passive controlled experiments with human beings.”
I am not promoting taking any type of drug or alcohol to evaluate this, just curious that potentially studies have been conducted on psychiatric patients to understand their mental ability. These patients use drugs to suppress certain mental capabilities, maybe studies have been conducted to go in the opposite direction, and provide people with the ability to pick-up mental thought processes. I would think this would be the process for developing a capability such as telepathy. Also to evaluate those people with truly psychic/telepathic capabilities, and understand how their body structure/chemistry differs form others.

If this capability is out there, I would think there are development programs and there is technology and science behind it. It would start in the realm of paranormal and migrate to Science & Technology at some point.

There is also significant info to support synthetic telepathic capabilities. Here is one site discussing this capability:
www.mindcontrolforums.com...
and
misc.news.newsgrouptopics.com...
and I know there are many others. If this synthetic telepathic capability exists, and the capability exists for the US gov to monitor and retrieve individuals thought processes, as well as send thought communication into ones brain, then why couldn’t that be extrapolated into individuals abilities to communicate with one another through telepathy. One would think this kind of technology could be developed. The above links have significant info to review and ponder over.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I guess what I'm saying I started this quest for info by seeing and experiencing certian things going on around me, at work. I then started the search process and uncovered numberous governmental programs starting with MK Ultra and the Remote Viewing folks. These gov studies have progressed and there are numberous web sites discussing telepathy. RV is telepathy to some degree, but different in a big way.

If telepathy exists in today's society, it would be scientifically developed, after of course being discovered in the paranormal realm.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Heres one for ya.
Everytime my business partner pops into my head my mobile rings and its him. Oddly the same happens to him.
Not sure how this can happen on a daily basis. Is it possible its to do with the radio waves of the phone rather than psychics?

Odd.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
HowYouDoin,

Nothing new is happening, except that you managed to get your eyes open enough to actually see something. That is a compliment even if a weak one.

Humans have always had this, some via nature, some via training and effort. It is one of the hidden undercurrents of History really. From what I have seen all humans have these sorts of abilities that operate below the surface, and they do indeed shape our thoughts via emotions.

We use all sorts of phrases to incorporate what we know to be true, 'gut feelings', '6th sense', 'intuition', etc. but they have always played a large role in human actions.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 8/22/05 by Alexander Tau]

fum

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
my turn my turn ok here it goes when youve been/worked with someone for a while and really get to know that person your brains become friends lalala lol jk about that anyways there is a drug and its been tested ill try to find out where but it can give you telepathy and another can also remove them also do you drink alot of caffine and consume not very large but above average amoutns of chocalate and does your partner do drugs? or drink coffee and eat above average amounts of chocalate btw me and my best friend have the same thing that happens to us i try to call him on his cell phone and he already is calling my number lol u know when u call and u hear numbers beeing dialed yeah thats cool

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm in agreement with Alexander Tau

I think we all have access to these abilities. Some drugs may make it easier to develope telepathy and the like, but its always been there.

fum

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
ohh wow he copied what i was ganna say noticed the edit god alexander write your own stuff waaaaaaaa
caffine and chocalate helps too

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Telepathic sending works usually through the Throat chakra or more modernly through sub-verbal throat processes as we think as if we speak. Receiving apparently works through the throat chakra or through the right hand side of the brain.
You can synthesise telepathy through Drugs and Chemognosis (like '___' and MDMA and MDME) or through the use of Deep Relaxations and Meditations, the trick is to how to shield the broadcasting of errant thoughts and the stream of obsessions that flow through the chattering Mind. Some people use Shieldings and Constructs these are effective but can have little psychological value against audotory implants that is hypnosis triggers, one either needs to utilise an Audiotory Psychic Shield (where you ignore everyone) or use Constructed Thought Forms to get the message across.
Sometimes Silence of The Mind is essential as in Zazen. You can break a psychic link effectivley and you can also choose to ignore a telepath's thoughts. After the Aquarian Sixtie's and the latter Chemical Rave Gen X we have more Psychics about.
More and more people have what is known as a Sixth Sense that is a heightened sense of spatial and time abstract intuition, I have meditated before and have sensed people coming to visit. These are what we call Siddhi's and we choose to ignore them.
It is a bit of a bad one when you are in a relationship with a partner and you are Sensitive to each other if you know what I mean, your thoughts can destroy each other which usually means it is time to go.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Interesting, if a little hard to understand. The use of chemicals to trigger psi states is both limiting and a bit dangerous. When someone does this they are not properly prepared for what is going to happen and they certainly have not learned the wisdom it takes to handle these sorts of abilities properly.

The easy way is not the way.

It is a bit of a bad one when you are in a relationship with a partner and you are Sensitive to each other if you know what I mean, your thoughts can destroy each other which usually means it is time to go.

Care to explain that a little bit more? My wife and I are more attuned to each other than to anyone else, this makes for the most important and amazing relationship I have ever had.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yeh it has been around and probly for a long time, of course, its hard to notice something that is so personally between two people or even more, and especially hard to notice seeing as most of it is done subconciously.

Something happened today, was working in rehearsal studio in Perivale this week for some experience, and i picked up a pair of bongo n' started drummin away, a thought popped into my head that it would be cool if i got given them for helping them out, not that i really wanted anything in return just thought it would be gravy, anyways i asked the manager how much he was selling them for, and he said i could have them.

Its a strangely beautiful world we live in, i find so many things amazing that not many people even notice yet alone care about, we sure have been gifted!

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
When a man and a woman go out with each other and they are so attuned to each other then they can pick up vibes from each other and also strands of telepathic informations, this much is true. I'm sure you will agree. Even when you take drugs as well at the same time, if you do psychadelics or have done. Once I was going out to take the kids to school and I heard in my right brain something about a coat well I turned round and she asked me to take this special jacket, another time we were burning garden waste in our garden and I was on E and I received telepathic info from one of the kids. My ex girlfriend used to get attuned to things and intuitions but you know you ignore them as if you dwell in them they will obsess you like an entity.

[edit on 26-8-2005 by castlesonair]

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

When a man and a woman go out with each other and they are so attuned to each other then they can pick up vibes from each other and also strands of telepathic informations, this much is true. I'm sure you will agree.

It certainly does happen, some more so than others. But what I was referring to was the 'destroy each other part'.

as if you dwell in them they will obsess you like an entity

People are always so quick to point to ancient traditions where various substances are used in religious ceremonies. They use this to defend their own use of chemicals to produce certain states quickly and easily without the work that they should be doing.

The problem is that the two situations are not even remotely comparable. If you grow up in such a tradition, the wisdom needed to follow this sort of path is a part of you. Such people NEVER do such things for fun, or to blow off some steam on a Friday night. They have wise men and women who also grew up in the tradition to guide them, they know the dangers and how to avoid them.

What people do today is nothing like this at all. They use chemicals because it is easy, take a pill and get all sorts of wierd impressions or 'visions'. This is both dangerous and pointless. There is no chemical that only enhances psi ability, they all do other things as well. How can you ever expect to trust what you learn via these sorts of methods when you cannot know from moment to moment if what you are seeing is real, or just some fantasy produced by a chemical-soaked brain?

The danger you speak of in the quote above is far more true when chemicals are the subject. People who follow a proper path, who do the work and along the way learn wisdom, do not have to worry about such things. The hard part of the process is growing up, once you have done that learning actual psi abilities seems like child's play.

Hey, if people want to go and party, fine with me. As long as you do not let some substance rule your life then I have no problem with that. Be responsible, stay out of the driver's seat, and have fun.

But nothing can substitute for real wisdom earned through honest effort. That alone is worth taking the journey.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I positively agree with you that their are more safer paths to follow than Chemognosis which can circumnavigate a disasterous path, alot of people don't want to put the "work" into spiritual abilities like meditations and the rest of the arcana that go with that spectra of Psychic Models of Post Modern Cybernetics.

As for confidence destroying each other well if you are both attuned (she was by Reiki) and I was by Meditation and Spiritism, then it can become a rocky road to travel down when the relationship goes bang esp if both of you play mind games with each other. You pick up on each other's thoughts not just by Body Language but by picking on them up psychically and that's all I'll say as I don't want to put her down or whatever - you got to stay positive. She was versed to Tai Chi and Eastern Energy Systems and I was to Shamanism and New Buddhism.

top topics

join