It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: No Space Weapons, Or Else

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I guess this means that FOBS and other space system USSR developed will be going the moment some one state that they have a working space military pletform. i wonder how the world will react if a system like FOBS are put in place by the russians

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I wonder if China is going to be buying up Russian sapce weapon technology and try getting its own stuff up there now? This would sure scare the Chinese... and if Russia thought it could sell it to them and get them on its side... hmm.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
well the way things look now, it would be impossible to not put weapons in space, we are so far ahead of our time with tech. Russia obviously doesnt see that, or there is another reason behind this "threat." weapons in space will happen eventually, and that will probably be what the next World War is over, sorry to say...

my two cents

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
imo this threat russia made wasnt directed to usa at all, but rather to other nations that fear russia

usa is just too big to fear russia, and so is vise-versa

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Er.. doesn't that spark world war 3. U.S had space weapons. Russia stop Space weapons. Time to build a nuclear bomb shelter. Guys and gals, RUN FOR THE NEAREST BOMB SHELTER BEFORE ICBM FLEW

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't know why Russia doesn't want anyone to weaponize space when they themselves will soon.

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The integrated system of surveillance, navigation, communication, and attack capabilities are being developed in order to "protect military and commercial national interests and investment in space," and "to deny others the use of space, if required."

UM_Gazz is absolutely correct here.

Just another cycle of arms race in which Russians don't want to participate.

Passer By got it right on as well but from a philosophical point of view.

This is why controlling space is so appealing to military commanders.

Same MAD scenario here.

Back in the 70s Soviets put up a nuclear orbital bombardment system. It was negotiated out, but when Regan tried to pull that "Star Wars" nonsense, Soviets simply replied with "mutual orbital denial" system.

Can't exactly remember what it was called, something like "Heavens Gates" or something.

Heavy orbital lifters or retrofitted ICMB lifters bring up 100 tonnes of fine aluminum dust at a time.

Upon deployment seeder capsules begin blanketing the orbit with aluminum dust traveling at +/- 8km/s.

When the cloud spreads out it simply wipes everything on it's path and initiates a chain reaction. Every object encountered is in turn ripped to shreds and also becomes a part of the cloud.

Other then initiating an orbital snow ball effect, all that aluminum and debris from demolished satellites creates a jamming effect wreaking absolute havoc on communications, GPS and EWR returns.

Such deployment will basically plunge the human race into dark ages for at least 40 years.

If our brass keeps pushing for another space race, it's the kind of future will have to risk living in.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
I like it when the russias play tough, too bad they can't invade the US mainland.

Can you invade us ?!!

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
I don't know why Russia doesn't want anyone to weaponize space when they themselves will soon.

We already can strike anyone in the space who will attempt something stupid. The Russian Stealth Satellite System Terminator

[edit on 1-5-2006 by Russian Boy]

[edit on 1-5-2006 by Russian Boy]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What I'm most concerned about is this response when confronted with the russians statements, responses like: "USA is too big to fea Russia" and "Russia don't have the power to stop us" (paraphrased)

What has become of the human soul? What basically you are saying is "yeah go ahead and try" it's the nuclear equivilent of "oh yeah! *push*" in the schoolyard. Big countries trying to tough it out to each other to see who's boss..

If I were in the US, I wouldn't be TOO comfortable.. Russia and China are joined at the hip lately.. you're having enough trouble in Iraq, one small middle eastern nation with NO organized government anymore. I would hate to see what happened if Russia and China took the Bush train of thought and figured "Oh well they may develop space weapons we should strike first to stop them"

Fair enough Russia isn't the powerhouse they were before, but they sell a lot of arms on the black market, their military is still upkept and well trained, and their technology is still on par with the US, only difference is Russia don't boast about it all the time. But China has the manpower.. a million well trained soldiers.

So in reality, the response needs to be a "ok, space weapons are a no go" then none of the major powers have them, by putting them up you're not only angering 2 of the powerful nations, you are basically saying you want to control the world by being able to strike anywhere, the attitude smacks of over confidence.. or more accurately, arrogance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join