It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That's right. Very good post.

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
So you're hiding behind wordplay then Lilith?
From what I can gather, you're basically talking about no worship at all or self worship.

No worship isn't Satanism - it's atheism.
But if you follow the line of self worship, you are on even more dangerous ground.
As worship is the adulation of perfection, what happens when you discover that you are less than perfect?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I read the book and could not put it down but it would have been a little more tasteful if he hadn't tried to bash Christianity so much. How can anyone bash anothers religion? Most people are just trying to survive and make it in this world the only way they know how. Upholding principles that they believe are right and will get them and thier family into heaven. Its like someone being told the way to go from Georgia to California, they may follow those directions but they will not know for a fact that they were accurate directions until they get there. How will one know who is right until they get there?

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What do you mean Infinite? Antoon LaVey's bible? Sure I liked it. Some parts. Like most religions you agree with some things, and with other things, you wish you never read it. He was born April 11. That number is the sign of an overly emotional type. It is no wonder he disgraced women and made men look so good. If he was truly opposed to God he would have done the opposite instead of being the idiot that he was and put women down the way he did. Hell, that's just a different version of the Bible!

Satan is the OPPOSITE OF GOD> NOT THE SAME!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Well, Lilith. It's a little thing called logic.
As Satan stands for evil and LaVey worshipped Satan it therefore necessarily follows that one leads to the other.

But then I'm sure that with your vast genius you knew that already didn't you *sarcasm*

You know...it's really hard to believe that with the name LILITH...oh my, you wouldn't be more knowledgeable about the thing called male dominance. I think you should change your name until you understand the significance of the name LILITH. No one calls their child LILITH. Except you persist on acting ignorant like only a child could when encountering such a powerful name as that. You make me feel ashamed for you. I have read some of your posts and reckognized the ignorance with which you hold that name. You are in danger of being discovered hahaah, you should change your name quickly before the real LILITH stands up and crucifies you!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
That's right. Very good post.

AEXsallent reply maynardship. Help those in need of help.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
Well LaVey didn't believe in God so none of that applied to him.
Sounds like a cop out.
There is no satan without god.
You cannot have one without the other... or so logic would dictate.
Since the very idea of satan comes from the bible, belief in satan implies a belief in the bible and thusly a belief in god.

I am not a Vulcan, I only play one on the internet.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The Holy Bible Says that "Satan is the God of this world". The preacher said it three sundays ago.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
"And Lucifer was cast from Heaven, cast out and made ruler of all the earth"... or something like that. SOunds good, though, right?
For those who are labeling the Satanic Bible as evil... have you read it? Or are you presuming the book follows all the movies? The practices within the Satanic Bible are not evil; in fact, the practices are natural, and no different than reading a hebrew bible.
Take for example the practice to "enjoy life to its fullest." What is wrong with that? People tell each other the same thing every day, enjoy life while you can! "A true Satanist will not participate in blood sacrifice, for the very act robs another OF LIFE."
The current military is doing another Satanic Bible teaching :do onto others before they do onto you. I've always known Bush was evil...
And surpizingly, I've known more Satanists that believed in a God then Catholics who believed in Satan. Huh? Why would the preverse devil worshippers acknowledge the Lord God Almighty, while the angelic do-gooders refuse to believe in the devil, especially when the Hebrew bible tells them about our horned friend?
... within the Satanic Bible is this (it's been a few years since reading it, so I'm only going by memory):
"A Satanist can pray to the God Above upon his death bed".

You also mention the commandment "NO FALSE IDOLS BEFORE ME". You forgot the fine print to that one, which reads "except, of course, praying to My son, saints, guardian angels, and a warm thanksgiving turkey". (This would be along the lines of adultry "except, of course, sodomizing choir boys" and murder "except, of course, when I tell you to, or if you're a drunk priest running people over").

The Satanic Bible isn't evil. It's a book. The Hebrew Bible is just a book, too... but damn, if there weren't more evil acts done on Gid's behalf than Satan's.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
The Holy Bible Says that "Satan is the God of this world". The preacher said it three sundays ago.

I guess because he ''satan'' wanted to have worship to himself.....he was CAST down from heaven to a lower earth....which we live ....
Satan demands worship and knows it will come to an end some day.....of that day and hour no one knows!
Satan also is a LIER and will use any means to get his way.......even making man beleive that he does not EXIST!

look at the world today.....he is fullfilling his role in getting man to worship him as god and uses LIES to turn man against the one true God....
helen...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Matt. 5:10)

Why, then, does the world persecute those who strive after righteousness? Because the world lies in evil, and people loved evil more than righteousness (Ps. 51:5).

In His Sermon on the Mount, the Saviour indicated two paths of life: the wide (broad) and the narrow (strait). The wide path leads to destruction, and many go this way, while the narrow path leads to life, i.e., salvation (Matt. 7:13-14). The narrow way (the "strait gates") requires that we struggle, that we engage in a constant spiritual warfare with sin and with all other obstacles on this path.

Unseen warfare.....This battle, which is the lifelong struggle of good over evil and virtue over vice, is called Unseen Warfare (Ephesians 6:12), and is the essence of the spiritual life of a Christian.

helen....

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
quote////You also mention the commandment "NO FALSE IDOLS BEFORE ME". You forgot the fine print to that one, which reads "except, of course, praying to My son, saints, guardian angels, and a warm thanksgiving turkey". (This would be along the lines of adultry "except, of course, sodomizing choir boys" and murder "except, of course, when I tell you to, or if you're a drunk priest running people over").

What PEOPLE do is not God's fault......man has ''free will'' and each person will be judged for their earthly lives.....

Prayers were used in the Old Testament and were accepted by God .........

God has been pleased to grant many miracles and blessing by the intercessions of the saints. The prayers of a righteous person are just as effective after death as they are before, if not even more so. God glorifies his saints in the Holy Spirit (cf. John 17:22).

Jesus showed that the departed is aware of events on earth when he asserted. "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day. He saw it and was glad" (John 8:56).

Scripture makes it clear that some men were especially powerful intercessors with God (Jas. 5:16-18, Job 42:8).

Worship is reserved for God alone. However, Mary is greatly esteemed and honored as the one chosen by God to bring forth His Only-Begotten Son into the world. Because of this, she is the most exalted of all creatures. She herself prophesied "All generations shall call me blessed" (Luke 1:48).
Jesus Christ is an eternal, divine person who took on a complete nature through the Virgin Mary (cf. John 1:1,14). He is expressly called "God" in the Scriptures (cf. John 20:28).

the Church encompasses both the living and those that have died and are now "with Christ" (Phil. 1:23).
helen.....

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Lucifer/ Satan, is STILL AN ANGEL. God cast him out, and a league of ANGELS from Heaven. And as such, Lucifer MUST still obey God's laws.
Free-will? HUH?! God knows what lies within everyone's heart, AND WHAT THAT PERSON WILL DO. If God already has a plan for you, how can you justify free-will? God's plan for you is like a river, HE knows where you are going... your free will is just tossing pebbles into the current. Granted, you may cause a ripple, but you will not change what God has set before you.
Now, if God is all knowing, then why did HE create Lucifer, knowing that the angel of light would turn against HIM? Why would HE purposefully create Lucifer? God needs the fallen angel; as said earlier, you cannot have light without dark.
Of couse Lucifer knows when Revelations is to take place. It's part of God's plan. Lucifer, being "second in command", and being an important figure in the future, would surely know what he has to do, and by when.
Did you ever wonder why Lucifer allowed Christ to be crucified? Why would Lucifer allow the sins of mankind to be washed away? Right now you are saying "Ahhh, but he tempted Christ, he tried to turn Jesus away from his role". True... But Lucifer could have also entered the minds of the Romans and have persuaded them from not passing judgement. God loves to test HIS followers... "Sacrifice your son for me", or "I shall slay the first born (innocent) babes of the Egyptions"... God was testing Jesus, and needed Lucifer to do it.
i.e. Lucifer can only do what God tells him to do.
So, where is this going? Lucifer is NOT evil, no more so than the Grim Reaper. Lucifer has a job to do, a job ordered by God. Of course Lucifer lies, (but not so much as say... Bush), IT'S HIS JOB.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Seems we've gotten off the track in regards to your origional question... I must apologize for taking the previous posts and adding my own ideas into the fray.
Anyway...
I have read it (wasn't it obvious before :duh
. I thought it was alright... nothing that would be on the NY Best Sellers...
I honestly felt the author had some very good points... some of which have been echoed in other religions.
(and, by and by, for the most part I am Kabalist. I've been accused of being a satanist by those who've only seen the subject in movies... I kinda get defensive sometimes)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join