It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic bible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
how many people here have read the Satanic bible?? I have just finished reading it and i thought i was really good. I couldn't put it down, it was that good. What did you think of it?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The one by LaVey?

I read it in my 20's, and even back then I didn't think very highly of it. I thought it reflected LaVey's experiences as a lion tamer and performer...who didn't read very much and who made a lot of stuff up.

And I just laughed when he started in on the incantations to Cthulu. At that point, I knew he was just a fraud who wanted to cash in on the occult phase.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
nope but i wouldnt mind buying one to read. i wouldnt mind every relligious book to read. ive read some of the bible and some of the quran.. thats about it...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I had the pleasure of burning 5-copies that I "confiscated." I almost expected that they might not burn...but they did.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   

when he started in on the incantations to Cthulu.

Read a lot of Lovecraft I take it?

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have a copy - loved it and like you couldnt put it down, full of common sense. LaVey is a great writer, though some of the satanic bible has other sources - i suggest you check out the devils notebook,also by laVey - its pretty humourous.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilith
I have a copy - loved it and like you couldnt put it down, full of common sense. LaVey is a great writer, though some of the satanic bible has other sources - i suggest you check out the devils notebook,also by laVey - its pretty humourous.

ok Lilith i will check it out

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   

i accessed this thread through todays post. b4 entering, the counter said 6 replies and 66 views.

freaky, considering the topic heh?

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar

i accessed this thread through todays post. b4 entering, the counter said 6 replies and 66 views.

freaky, considering the topic heh?

I think I might have found it a bit more perturbing if it sais 6 views and 66 replies.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Everyone here who thought the satanic bible was good and "couldn't put it down" was obviously influenced by satan and will burn in hell. That is all.

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by TheManWithThePlan]

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
no...and I never will. Anthony LaVey was an evil man, Im glad he's dead.

posted on Sep, 1 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace
I had the pleasure of burning 5-copies that I "confiscated." I almost expected that they might not burn...but they did.

What does that mean? Are you being sarcastic?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   

no...and I never will. Anthony LaVey was an evil man, Im glad he's dead.

er why was he evil exactly?
lol

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well, Lilith. It's a little thing called logic.
As Satan stands for evil and LaVey worshipped Satan it therefore necessarily follows that one leads to the other.

But then I'm sure that with your vast genius you knew that already didn't you *sarcasm*

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Satan isn't evil to LaVey. Just Christianity. The Christian Satan and the Satanism Satan are not one in the same.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If you pray in satans name, don't you give him self-gratification. We all know what the defination of satan is. Somehow, he could gain right to your soul if you worship the idea of satan. Remember the first commandment:something like..."do not worship any other idol as if it was I". In a way, the idol could be the general idea of satan. Instead of worshipping to a physical symbol, a satanist worships to the symbolic nature of the word satan. What would god think if he hears you say "satan, i pray to you because you give me life and food"?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Well LaVey didn't believe in God so none of that applied to him.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
He believed in satan which to him, you say, is his name for god. Why use the word satan? God will see through this ploy......

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hillary's autobiography wasn't that exciting of a read.

[Edited on 4-9-2003 by Fury]

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   

He believed in satan

no he didnt. The philosphy uses satan as an archetype of symbol. Its fundamentals are based round the actual hebrew meaning of the word satan such as "questioner", "opposer" , "accuser" as satanism advocates questioning all, being an opposition to herd mentality and accusing as in seeing through stigmas. The fact that it is called satanism means that those who class themselves as such tend to only be those who see through stigmas in the first place and question before judgeing so the name cleverly acts as a filter....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join