It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suisun Bay ghost ships

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
In en.wikipedia.org... is an article about Suisun bay, a place where military ships are mothballed until needed.

I thought it was facinating and found a photo of them here

However it was almost impossible for me to find it on Google maps! Anyone else been able to find it? Suisun bay is not recognised as a place.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Indeed, I just checked it out, it's pretty cool. It's now on my list of places to scavenge during the post apolcalyptic flurry of Mad-Max behavior I intend to indulge in.

There's also a free, high-capacity bomb shelter in Toronto, probably going to be filled to bursting with juicy hippies to eat when I get sick of rat kebab every night.

There's a massive aircraft graveyard in the American southwest, it's on the list as well. There's a sat photo of it floating around ATS somewhere.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
took about a minute on google maps

Is that what you wanted from google maps?

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
In en.wikipedia.org... is an article about Suisun bay, a place where military ships are mothballed until needed.

Right in my back yard NC, Do a search for Benica, Ca

Ready Reserve Fleet

At one time the Glomar Explorer was there. Also in the comedy "Up Periscope" when Kellsey Grammer takes command of his ship its filmed there.

Edit: Also note the infameous "Port Chicago" is right there

[edit on 8/22/05 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Google Earth is a much better search tool:

USS Iowa, the center of the recent snub by San Francisco for a new floating museum and historical place. Ironic, as it is already IN the bay. You can charter a boat, or use your own, to get within 500yds of her.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If I become very rich, i'll buy one of those! Damn, that is cool.
*makes plans for aquiring aircraft carrier*

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Im From Fairfield and what you are talking about is The Martines-Bencia Straits...Its Acculy just a boneyard...but there you go

new topics

top topics

join