It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Brazilian Scandal Threatens The President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A money-for-votes scandal that has been raging through Brazillian politics could spell the end of President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva. The scandal which started in June has seen many high profile people fired and charged with crimes. These include the President's Chief Of Staff, the President of the ruling PT party, its treasurer and its secretary general. The president accused the conservative "elites" of conspiring against him. He appeared two weeks later on TV to admit that it had infact occured in his party.

news.yahoo.com
RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil - The money-for-votes scandal that has engulfed Brazil seems to be reaching the doorstep of President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.

In a succession of political earthquakes, high-ranking figures have been forced to quit. They are Silva's chief of staff; the president of the PT, or Workers Party; its treasurer; and its secretary general — the latter for allegedly taking a $32,000 Land Rover as a gift from a private company.

This month 22 PT federal legislators, outraged by the allegations of bribery and suspect campaign funding, declared "independence" from party ranks — a step toward a schism that could cost the party almost a fifth of its congressional force.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While there is enough intrigue here to fill a Tom Clancy novel, what interests me is the timing of all this. The revelation of wrongdoing came a mere week after the de Menedez shooting in London.

Now call me a conspiracist but I dont believe in coincidences. If you knowingly murdered an innocent Brazilian you could well conclude that you will be crucified both in Brazil and internationally. But if a scandal was to wrack the Brazillian government and distract the majority of Brazillians then you would be let off the hook some what, no?

There are many examples of this type of activity being carried out by the British intelligence community. That they would consider doing this here and now would not surprise me in the slightest.

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

join