It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Gas prices now ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here's what it's like in my part of Texas.

Before Katrina Regular unleaded was $2.55 a gallon.

After Katrina it first went up to $2.79 couple days later it was at $2.89 then it reached its high of $3.09

Now it has dropped back down to $2.57. So here we are back to normal, pretty much. Infact it should be back normal for everyone soon since Wholesale gasoline prices on NYMEX are back down to $1.78. (Which I think is a tad lower than it was before Katrina.)

Looking better everyday.... for right now anyway

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

Yup finally going down, of course after Virginia announced an investigation into price gouging.

Leesburg VA. back down to $2.79-$2.89 from a peak of $3.39

yea their going to put people in jail

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Prices did go down, after the big spike. But was this a price increase to make you angry, then you are relieved to have the price drop, but it still ends up being $1 more per gallon than before the prices started to rise in the first place?

Troy

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
prepair for a nother rise

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This past week or so i've seen gas in my area drop to about 2.75 for regular.

while this is much better than the 3.20+ recently, it's still pretty rough.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Prepare to 3.50-4.00 this week-end and maybe upper than this!

It's time to sell the hydrogens cars!!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Man...

In one town about 45 minutes North of me the price for gas is $2.00 per LITRE. That's about $7.50 per gallon.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I live in New Hampshire and the day after Katrina hit NO gas was at $3.50 a gallon...usually the prices are high at the highway exits here to get people to pay more..but even at the little corner gas station the prices were so high. I'd imagine if Rita does as much damage as predicted, especially to refining areas such as galveston, it could hit 4.50-5.00 dollars a gallon. My dad is the manager of an oil company here so they are keeping quite a close eye on the Rita. He recieves hourly updates and if he shares anything usefull/interesting I'll be sure to let everyone know.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It was $2.59 per gallon in Leesburg VA on the way home.

The same brand Liberty station near me was $2.65, but the clerks said
prices wil start going back up again tomorrow due to Hurricane Rita.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
So what are the prices now?

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Okay, according to CNN today, Crude prices are down by about 60 cents... so when do we see the price at the pump start to fall?

I doubt we'll ever see gasoline under $2 a gallon ever egain..

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I doubt we'll ever see gasoline under $2 a gallon ever egain..

Boohoo. Welcome to the reality that most of the west has to deal with everyday.

No offense to you personally I just find it amusing that even though USA is still paying the least amount of money per liter of gasoline then just about any western country and you guys are still complaining. Sorry but you won't get any sympathy from me until it hits $ 5+ like it is in Europe.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yeah, in the US the price per liter is the least expansive in the world so don't complain please!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here is a good link to find prices from stations in your area, state etc.

www.gasbuddy.com...

You can pick your city and find which stations in your area are cheaper etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
$3 before Katrina, $2.77 after Rita. We need more hurricanes!

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Today in Salt Lake City Utah......it cost me 2.72 per gallon for the lower grade regular.

cjf

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

No offense to you personally I just find it amusing that even though USA is still paying the least amount of money per liter of gasoline then just about any western country and you guys are still complaining. Sorry but you won't get any sympathy from me until it hits $ 5+ like it is in Europe.

Agreed (somewhat), however in the States, nothing is really convenient w/o driving. When I first arrived in Houston, Texas, going from one side of the greater metro area to the other may be as much as 70+mi(110+km) one way!

I personally commute 30+mi (48+km) one way to the office, heaven forbid a meeting across town mid day. The ‘mass/public” transportation infrastructure is fairly non-existent in the south and everything is built around ‘highways/freeways’. The gas is cheap, but most have little option but to burn a lot of fuel weekly.

I was reminded the other day of an old saying, “The people of the United States believe three-hundred years is a long time and Europeans believe three hundred miles is a long distance”.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 05:27 AM
link   

please our pulic transport sys sucks in most citys if you dont want to stand by a hooker or bum. if there is a seat its only because its got puke or worse on it. if u can stand that be my guest but i drive.
we also complaim because something can be done about the price of our gas but they wont to please the few over the many. drill in Alaska also the oil barons of the US dont want green cars so thats why the hydregen car is stuck is red tape there will be hybreads for years but no complaint here the hybread gives 50 or so miles to the gal and it doesnt feel like im driveing a coffin around.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join