It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Gas prices now ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Back up to $2.59 per gallon here in Northern VA.

It's up in the $2.70's+ the closer in you get to D.C. because of rip off zone pricing.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
INFORMATION:

The price of Gas is determined for the most part by:
1) The spot price of Oil per Barrel on the Futures Market.
2) The cost of shipping and refining raw petroleum.
3) Federal and State Taxes levied per Gallon of Gas in the U.S.
4) Profit Margin - the percentage of profit that Petroleum Processors can get.

The price of fuel is NOT determined by:
1) The Government (except by using a price freeze).
2) You, Me and civil actions/protests.

The ability to process petroleum in quantity is governed by:
1) The Petroleum processors - only the petroleum processors.
2) The condition of current petroleum craking facilities.
3) The ability to build and finance new petroleum processing plants.

The ability to process petroleum in quantity is not determined by:
1) The Government (except in the case of governemtn controlled oil cooperatives.)
2) The people - you, me and uncle Fred.

Don't like driving back and forth to work everyday in your SUV at 6mpg?
Buy a motor scooter, they average 30mpg and some will even get up to 98mph AND are legal even in California.

Don't like the cost of fuel? Adapt, Overcome.

USA = nation of whiners and blame placers, I am disgusted.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey
2.65 is the cheapest to be found in Phoenix. I wonder what the effect of the hurricane will be on prices...seems they may go sky high unless some kind of price controls are put in place. (yeah, right)
joey

i heard 25% that truely sucks. i got my bicycle out and washed the dust off i only have 10 miles to work. why drive when i can lose a few pounds

i think every one should get a bike. and ride on D.C and p**s in the reflection pool.

[edit on 28-8-2005 by DRAGON27]

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Here in Japan, regular'll run you around 128 yen a liter, or about $4.41 a gallon. Even diesel, which is historically MUCH cheaper than gas is up to about 110 yen a liter ($3.79 a gallon). Kerosene (used as heating oil in probably 99% of Japanese homes) has also shot up, doubling in price in the last 5 years.

So what am I trying to say? Yeah, it sucks for those of you in the states, I know...I'm American after all...but just be glad you have access to cheap fuel unlike the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
OK folks, live in Tennessee and just filled my car up at $2.64 a gallon. While pumping, the station was changing the sign to $2.83 a gallon for regular unleaded. After filling up, I went over to the tanker driver and talked a little and got around to asking him about the price in the future, he said "all I can say for now is that by saturday it'll be $3.10 a gallon"
Well, so much for the "economic recovery" we had going!

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Gas went from $2.60 to $3.10 after the hurricane here in northern ohio

Nothing quite like spending 10 bucks (that used to fill my tank) for 3 gallons of gas.. sigh

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I got it for $2.49 today in ohio...that was also at a sams club. everywhere else was near or over $3.00. I say the government gets its freaking debt straightened out so they can subsidize gas.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
2.95. I'm in the US.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I live in Eastern Kentucky, and gas is currently $3.09 reg, $3.25 premium. Also "heard" (pretty reliable source) that down the road here, some stations will only let you have $20.00 worth of gas. Is that even legal?

Also (now keep in mind this is a rumor, but somewhat believable), that when the gas stations around here replenish their tanks, that we will see 5 dollars a gallon...and no sign of it getting any better for a while.....

Also, if you know anything about energy, you know that coal provides quite a bit of that. Four mines, who's name I won't comment on (big corporations) have shut down their operations today...and said that more were to come....and they said they wouldnt be buying diesel fuel for a while.....

Truly sad....I don't know who to blame to be honest.

Anyone really know anything we as citizens can do?
I already get 30 mpg...and can't afford to buy a hybrid.... The wal-marts are closed in three states, our food prices/other items of necessity will soon rise, along with the increasing expense of power due to rising costs..(it trickles....especially when it involves cost).....

We might as well bend over...I am afraid to say.

siFtInG
A truly concerned American

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I live in Eastern Kentucky, and gas is currently $3.09 reg, $3.25 premium. Also "heard" (pretty reliable source) that down the road here, some stations will only let you have $20.00 worth of gas. Is that even legal?

Also (now keep in mind this is a rumor, but somewhat believable), that when the gas stations around here replenish their tanks, that we will see 5 dollars a gallon...and no sign of it getting any better for a while.....

Also, if you know anything about energy, you know that coal provides quite a bit of that. Four mines, who's name I won't comment on (big corporations) have shut down their operations today...and said that more were to come....and they said they wouldnt be buying diesel fuel for a while.....

Truly sad....I don't know who to blame to be honest.

Anyone really know anything we as citizens can do?
I already get 30 mpg...and can't afford to buy a hybrid.... The wal-marts are closed in three states, our food prices/other items of necessity will soon rise, along with the increasing expense of power due to rising costs..(it trickles....especially when it involves cost).....

We might as well bend over...I am afraid to say.

siFtInG
A truly concerned American

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, and when my parents went to get gas they had to wait in line for over an hour!! The price here (as of a couple of hours ago) is $1.14 canadian (reg). (And I only live in a small town with a population of 4000!) I guess people are rushing to get gas because of our neighbor, New Brunswick, is up around $1.30 canadian (reg). I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it rises even higher.

It's inevitable.

Hurricanes hurt!

Edit: Here in Canada the prices are in Letres.

[edit on 31-8-2005 by Useful 1diot]

[edit on 31-8-2005 by Useful 1diot]

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reg gas 3.19 here in mich and ive heard 3.79 from a famly member in ohio

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
2.98 in St. Pete Florida, but where they get you is telling you they only have Premium gas. MOst of the stations on my way to work had bags over the cheaper gas, and there are rumors here that gas is going to be rationed. (this was from a gas station owner, a father of a friend who was very concerned about even getting gas in the coming weeks)

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
Gas went from $2.60 to $3.10 after the hurricane here in northern ohio

DELAWARE - Yesterday it was $2.65, today it is $3.11, tomorrow ???

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by siFtInG
Also "heard" (pretty reliable source) that down the road here, some stations will only let you have $20.00 worth of gas. Is that even legal?

I remember the 'gas shortage' in the 70's ... stations wouldn't let you
top off your tank. You had to buy at least a certain # of gallons.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Since I last posted, a matter of hours ago, gas went from $3.06 to $3.29.

Again I ask, because it IS true they are rationing....is that legal, or just another scare tactic.????

Break out the 50 gallon drums..... it's gonna get worse.

Someone more educated than me answer a question for me please..:

I see some concerns of "will we even be able to BUY gas soon?"

My question is..... What happens then??

This has got UGLY written all over it.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
my wife works at shell and she just called and said its 380 now.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
CNN just reported $4.99 in some stations in Atlanta after Katrina>

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
$4.99...Where did I put my bike?

I'm glad I bought gas last night at 2.54 in KY. Today, 2.89 and probably increasing as I type.

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
just got gas and it is $3.95 in "The Hamptons" in NY -- guess I will be walking more to town and maybe will have to dig out bikes from basement.

Won't be on much for a bit -- computer acting up - having to send it in for work -- using DH's 'puter right now - may be able to get on once and awhile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join