It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Gas prices now ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
what do you pay for gas now $2.49-$3.10 a gal. why doesnt the gov say screw you OPEC and go elseware. there are other places Canada,Russa,and Alaska. after sometime OPEC will feel the hurt and produce more oil for the US. and not be stindgy basterds. the prince wont have the money to hide bin ladin any more

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
but can all those places meet the 40% supply that OPEC currently provides us? And I'm not too sure about the bin laden connection

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
We should open up ANWAR and increase drilling off the coast of FL. Also increase refining speed and capabilities within the country. At the same time we should increase alternate forms of power including adding nuclear power plants across the country.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
$ 2.62 for cheap gas northern Indiana

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshGator54
Also increase refining speed and capabilities within the country.

There's little chance of increasing refining speed. There are only 7 or 8 major refineries in the U.S. and no new ones have been built for at least 20 yrs or so.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
thethrall_nb

Exactly, it's time to start building new, state-of-the-art Refineries. Would have been better if we started 10 years ago go but later is better than never.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Currently in Northern Ontario the price of gas is about $1.02 to $1.06 per liter.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
mabe we can try this DRIVE LESS and stop buying such big cars. One friend of mine complains that his toyota suv gets terrible gas milage and is looking for a new car but he has to have a car with "guts ". Its this type of thinking that kills us at the pumps.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RaiderJose
mabe we can try this DRIVE LESS and stop buying such big cars. One friend of mine complains that his toyota suv gets terrible gas milage and is looking for a new car but he has to have a car with "guts ". Its this type of thinking that kills us at the pumps.

thats a good idea but not eveyone can buy a hybred their not cheap.

and its hard to build new nuclear power plants because now the NRC and the power people have to deal with the people that live near the plants. its not like there there a alot of isolated water front property left in the US. i live within a 1/2 of a mile of the North Anna nuclear power plant in Va. And VA. Power has a fight on their just to add two new reactors.
i really dont care i know the risk. i lived near plants my whole life.

bin ladin was a joke.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

People cant just drive less... Most of us drive because we gotta get to work. I agree with the big cars thing though. I know quite a few people, I'm in Texas, that must have big trucks. Then they complain about the gas prices. I drive a car thats 12 years old and gets about 26 mpg. I calculated it.... When gas was in the 2.30-2.40 range it was costing me about $3.50 a day to go to work and come back home.

We should replace all of our roads with canals and use sailboats

[edit on 22-8-2005 by Thatoneguy]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They're anywhere from $2.60-$2.80 here in Albany, NY. Seems pretty high, but i'm 15 and don't care yet

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
in my previous post i forgot to say price for regular $2.87- $3.08. My drive less comment was for the joy ride and cruising bunch. I remember when i was 19 my car was getting 5mpg and gas was .53 cents and we always toke my car. but i used to drive just to get out of the house.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The Prices on Long Island are very diverse. Recently I've seen prices between $2.65 in some of the poorer towns, all the way up to $3.20 out in the Hamptons.

The Problem is never going to be fixed with certain environmental groups preventing us from building new refineries. As was stated before OPEC really has a hold on The United States... we should start looking towards new areas that have oil supplies that arent part of this group. Also during this time really start working hard on secondary fuel sources that may be able to be turned into a primary source eventually.

I know this may sound stupid but i am pretty sure there is a surplus of oil out in Siberia. Russia is alot Closer to The West Coast than the Middle East is to the East Coast. Not only could that drop prices because of less Countries aquireing Russian Oil... but it could also drop prices because of the Shipping cost.

Now for Cars... I don't know about many of you, but in my case I am not the Richest person in the world. So my piece of crap 94' Chevy, that makes 14 mpg is all I can really afford at the moment. This solution of changeing all cars into Hybrids or even Hydrogen cars is not something I can easily switch to until the technology is made better, and cost less.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I'm new to this board and had to join because I see so many people making the most ridiculous and uninformed statements. As usual with people from the US it is everybody elses fault (espec. the arabs).
Now I see some dropkick blaming the greenies for the fact that refineries are not being built. IT IS NOT THE GREENIES FAULT. The blame for the lack of refineries and the cost of gas can be blamed solely on the capitalist system.
Someone else is blaming Chavez and saying don't buy Venezuelan oil. Is that person even aware that the Venezualan state oil company own 14,000 service stations in the US? They are called Citgo and recently Chavez has offerred to provide cheap subsidised fuel to the poor communities that are sufferring the most in the US(half the current US cost). Guess what, it is the rich mothers who are making a killing in Chicago pushing theprice up. These are the same rich people that will not invest the hundreds of millions of dollars necessary top increase refining capacity because who is going to invest a couple of hundred million dollars for a 1% return and even that is a risk?

Do some research guys. You can't have real and valid paranoia unless you do your research.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kinote
Currently in Northern Ontario the price of gas is about $1.02 to $1.06 per liter.

You are talking about liters though, if you convert it to gallons then you are paying $4.02 per gallon.

If my math is correct (which it probably isn't) we are paying $.69 (69 cents) per liter.

Any math teachers out there to check my work?

I just paid $2.56 per gallon in Fort Wayne Indiana (North West Indiana).

[edit on 28-8-2005 by bpletcj]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalSpy
I'm new to this board and had to join because I see so many people making the most ridiculous and uninformed statements. As usual with people from the US it is everybody elses fault (espec. the arabs).
Now I see some dropkick blaming the greenies for the fact that refineries are not being built. IT IS NOT THE GREENIES FAULT.
Do some research guys. You can't have real and valid paranoia unless you do your research.

it has to be some ones fault most of it is the goverment,but this time it is OPEC they are the ones producing less crude. that is the arabs fault or wath ever slang term you have for them.
now on to the tree huggers how they came into this,but lets go bash some seals and drill in Alaska. Russia has oil so if we get in good we may be able to put in a pipe line to Alaska. Tree huggers would love that
refinerys are in privet hands. and a "act of god" can raise gas pirces but they they time to build. it wont magicly pop up over night.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Prices in Denmark is around 1.6$ per liter

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
2.65 is the cheapest to be found in Phoenix. I wonder what the effect of the hurricane will be on prices...seems they may go sky high unless some kind of price controls are put in place. (yeah, right)
joey

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
99.9 pence a litre in the UK in my local area. Im gunna leave it to you to work out that per dollar per gallon.

Absolute rip of if you ask me. There are places with with higher prices than this too around the UK.

You have to be kidding that the prices of petrol are going to go up when we, the coalition have almost overall controll of oil coming out if Iraq, that they, the Governing bodies, decide we have to pay more for our fuel.

Just who is making money out of this? because it certainly aint Joe public!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You don't have control of oil leaving Iraq. The only pipeline that doesn't get damaged is the one to Haifa. So who controls the pipelines?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join