It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Death Row Inmates be Test Subjects?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I brought this up in another topic, and I was wondering what you thought.

Seeing as how Inmates on Death Row have already lost all their rights, and are already condemned to death, why not use them as test subjects for scientific experimentation? It would speed up the research of thousands of things if they had these "condemned" humans to work on. They could start doing some serious experimentation of things like Cyborgs, Gene Therapy, Brain Tampering (to try and unlcok dormant psychihc abilities etc.) and loads more.

I know it is an abuse of Human Rights, but what rights do these people have anyway??

Personally, I don't agree witht the Death Sentence, but I know it's not going to go away so why not make some real use out of it?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Has anyone got an opinion on this? Only 3 votes??

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There are death row inmates who were later declared innocent of their crimes... Sometimes after their death...

So I wouldn't do that. Anyone who experiments on death row inmates ought to be on death row themselves...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I agree in a wayBandit, but this is just the result of a lazy legal system. Only people who are 100% confirmed to have commited the crime should be put to death row, but theres too many Judges with the mindsets of Bush.....

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Even if they commited the crime... I still wouldn't do it. It would make me worse than them.

I'm sorry to see so many votes pro...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hell no

There shouldnt be even a "death row", and "death sentence" should also be removed. That is if you want to pass as a democratic nation..

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Its something I have often sugegsted myself. Since animal experimentation is cruel, and inefefctive, since drugs and stuff effect animals differently, wed get better medical advancements by testing on humans. Since I have no sympathy for the rights or well being of a heinous killer or other criminal, Id say go ahead.

The problem with that is,

1. Innocents getting experiemented on
2. the opening of floodgates. it could also spell out more death sentances whever human test subjects are needed. more people mgiht unnecessarily get sentanced to death, judging by how crooked out=r system is.

If we had a near perfect and just system where only guilty human scumbags got the chair or chamber, and our system wasnt so corrupt, then id be 100% in favor of using the worthless slime as test subjects and save some poor chimp or rat unecessary torture. But its not, so im not totally in favor of it.

its a good idea tho, in theory, like alot of ideas, but unfortunately, reality is the key here.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Depends on if the experimentation is torturous or painful.

I am against the death penalty. Most people that are for it believe that they are minions of satan, or something. They then should know that they do not have the right to determine who dies and when.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No one does...

Skadi: Scumbags are not born...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

That is if you want to pass as a democratic nation..

Why the hell would we want to be a deomcracy? We are not a democracy. Democracy is the govornment of fools and morons. Allowing people total control of the govornment is the first step to enslavement, since people are sheep that must be protected FROM themselves signing away thier rights. Allow the masses to vote on everything, and you have a tyranny really soon. The ideal govornment basically enforces personal freedom and limited govornment involvbement, no matter how much the idiots are begging to give away thier rights and freedoms.

No, bandits, scumbags are not born. They become scumbags of thier own free will. Thus, i have no pity for them. they deserve thier fates if they chose them. We are all given a choice for lifes journey. if they chose to be scumbags, then they should pay the price of being a scumbag.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It's partly free will and partly the way the were brought up. Practically all have suffored some form of child abuse or mental abuse...

The power of cropped up emotions can make anyone flip...

This kind of stuff can make YOU a worse scumbag...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
can we test shampoo in the eyes of the cons, and deorderant and stuff?

it would never work thoug... because there is a few innocents among this so it could never really work unless everyone acepted the fact that a non criminal may be killed..

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It all falls back on the golden rule from all religions...

Do to others as you would like them to do to you...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
No, Bandit, it is ALL choice. I was brought up poorly by real deviants, yet I havent felt the urge to go out and beat, blame, and punish people for my own poor childhood because I made the CHOICE not to.

Its ALL free will. With millions of people being brought up in abusive homes with abusive parents, yet the majority of them go out and shed that, make thier own way.

You CHOOSE to become a scumbag, no one makes you.

Ive seen refugees from horrid third world countries who have survived massive traumas from parentage to abuses by the state come here and not hurt a single living things.

People CHOOSE to become assholes.

With choice, comes consequence of thier actions, and re[ponsibility. They know what they do is wrong. Thus, they should act like responsible adults for once and face the music instead of blaming it on thier mommy and daddy.

Theres many people who come from great homes that turn out to be assholes on death row. It always boils down to CHOICE.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Like a lot of polls I run across here at ATS, the answer I would give isn't included in the list of choices...

Death Row or not, those inmates are still recognized as *citizens* with certain rights...Perhaps minus a few rights due to the way they've obviously *abused* those rights & wound up on Death Row in the first place. Still, they should still have the right to grant their permission to volunteer for such experimentation.

...The list of choices given in this poll seem to ignore the option of letting the inmates *volunteer* before experimenting on them...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
And so is incarceration.

Punishment is a pathetic response to people who happen to be human beings (ie with failing)

Reward people for doing the right thing. Don't punish people for doing the wrong thing - ask any dog trainer!

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Skandi please, "Democracy is the govornment of fools and morons."

Well if presidents count, then Mr.Bush jr. is really doing a good job keeping US as a democrazy, being the moron and fool that he is..

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
What does Bush have to do with Democracy?

America never has been a democracy, FULCRUM. Never will be. Why would we want a democracy? Even the greeks soon learned what a ridiculous idea it was.

Incarceration barbaric? Then what do YOU do with murderers and rapists? Counsel them (youve been a naught boy, thats not very nice, go on, dont let me catch you doing that again)

Duh. let them run amok? What a joke.

Ask any dog trainer, bad behavior gets a spanking or the choke chain. Good behavior u get a treat, bad behavior brings pain. You need rewards AND punishments to train a dog.

Same with humans. Punishment must be available for those who choose to be ASSHOLES.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Putting people in prision isn't an effective deterent. It places people in an environment where violence is required and sexual abuse is rampant. Prision grows monsters, it doesn't get rid of them. Consuling can be done professionally and well, but this country has never let it take hold seriously. Why? That's another conspiracy for another day...

edit- double post dissapeared. No idea why. Must be posting on the time travel thread to much

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by ktprktpr]

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by ktprktpr]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I can't believe that some people have actually voted FOR this, the thought of it makes me sick. The fact that people can even consider this barbaric act makes you wonder whether we live in a civilized age at all.

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by John Nada]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join