It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Scream Baffles Ohio Town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   
www.channelcincinnati.com...

LIBERTY, Ohio -- An unusual and noisy mystery has people in a small town north of Middletown on edge, worried and asking questions, News 5’s Brain Hamrick reported.

Liberty, Ohio, is a quiet little community, except for one thing -- the scream.

Jamie Young told Hamrick she heard it while she and her husband were walking one evening.

“It scared me. I didn’t want to finish my walk,” Young said.

video can be found at site linked.

[edit on 8-21-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
What a serious reporter...

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Wow, that guy sounded like he was taking the pi-- out of us. Wearing the googles and peaking around tomb stones.

How come the woman said "i've never heard that noise so close to my house". I thought they never heard the noise before anyway.

The sound sounded like an elephant getting tortured.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by Nventual]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Sounds similar to the sasquatchy recordings. I wished we could find a link to some of the recordings referenced in the article.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I heard this on the radio yesterday. This is bizarre. I wonder if the voices are coming from "beyond"..It could be someone playing a joke...who knows.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
bazaillion, next time could you please include a little more than a link to the the starting post of your threads. Consider this a friendly warn. Thread starting posts should at least have some of your "own" thoughts and opinions about the subject you are attempting to share with us.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
What a serious reporter...

Yeah he reminds me of Bruce Nolan.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That reporter was awesome. He really does liven up the news.

So, someone should try to track down where it's coming from when they hear it.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So whats the deal here? Someone just left out a tape recorder and happened to catch this sound on tape?

I'm willing to bet that if you look for the person that made the tape, you'll find the person that made the noise.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ever heard cougars in Ohio? I don't think that's part of their accepted range, but I could be wrong.

Cougar screams can be mistaken for just about anything, up to and including the devil himself when he's in a 'biblical' mood, if you've never heard the sound before.

Just a thought.

Edit: Here's a couple of recordings of a female mountain lion vocalizing.
www.acoustics.org...

[edit on 21-8-2005 by WyrdeOne]

[edit on 21-8-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Maybe the man who claimed to have a bigfoot had a problem. Maybe that's why we dont have pictures yet! Bigfoot escaped, headed to Ohio and the creature is screaming for his life?
Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Not a cat.

WyrdeOne, your link scared my dog. I had the volume up to hear the TV vid. Those two she cats were loud.

Roper

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Could be a cat, or perhaps some couple in a serious lovemaking session?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This "scream" was heard by tons of townspeople....some of them deep within their homes. This noise was probably something atmospheric....but why did it last so long?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Edit: Here's a couple of recordings of a female mountain lion vocalizing.

That's exactly what I thought. I was raised in Ohio and when I was a kid, we had one on our property. The men in the family went out several nights and finally got it. Sounded very much like that. A horrible, painful, screaming, moan.

That link scared my dogs, too. Me, too!

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This could very well be a Bigfoot.The sound is similar,but vocalization is slightly different from the recordings I have heard so far.If you want to here some good recordings check out the BFRO websight.There are a few links on their sight you can go to.

It almost sounds to me like some sort of a morning wail of sorts.You never know. Without looking for answers you'll never find them.

Also,maybe someone from the Ohio Bigfoot Researchers org. could join in on this conversation.Anybody out there?

new topics

top topics

join