It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wargames over urban territories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Earlier this summer I was outside doing yard work and i heard the sound of jet engines. I turned and looked off into the sky over my neighbors house (about 30* high?) and saw an A-10 warthog chasing what looked like an F-14 through clouds. banking and flying through clouds and rolling out of them off outta sight past the tree line. I thought this was so awesome and just this last month I had another A-10 buzz my house(had i been looking at it from the front i woulda seen the pilots face but alas i only caught the tail moving past the treeline). My question is how often does the millitary play wargames like this over urban areas. I live in a suburb of Grand Rapids, MI (think Electrolux) and was just wondering why this isn't done over more....rural areas?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I don't know I always enjoyed the impromptu airshows. Where I used to live we had a rather livelly national guard apache squadron, and about once a week you'd see two of them chasing each other around. Maybe it's the militaries way of giving us a return on our millions of hard earned tax dollars that go into each airframe.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wargames, I tend to think that's not what's going on.

I live near Selfridge ANG, (near Mt Clemens, MI) and have for many years. They do have an airshow once a year and other aircraft fly over from time to time. And, they were a regular presense after 9/11, but I don't remember any war games.

Are you by any chance new to the Grand Rapids area?

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've lived in Greenville for about six years and before that I lived in Muskegon. To my knowledge there aren't any air bases close to us. I have noticed millitary helicopters quite often. Come to think of it, I've probably got three a day flying past my house...usually medical helicopters but sometimes I get some that look like OH-6A's but I don't think thats what they are. We have a local armoury but that dosent exactly do much except hold gunshows and cookfests as well as keep a few military deployment vehicles in the back behind barbed-wire. We're also home to the 1073rd army reserves...

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
live jsut outside of philly and been seeing a lot of military helicopters. the big guys with the twin rotors.

closest picture i could find.
usmilitary.about.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whskybarjd67
live jsut outside of philly and been seeing a lot of military helicopters. the big guys with the twin rotors.

closest picture i could find.
usmilitary.about.com...

I guess i can see that. Do you live anywhere near the naval base? the only thing that comes to mind about that is the base where the phillidelphia experiment supposedly took place.

top topics

join