It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Cleric Says Ireland Is A Legitimate Target

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A British-based Islamic extremist has said that Ireland is a "legitimate" target for Al Qaeda terror attacks. He said that Ireland has "opened itself" to attacks because they have allowed the use of Shannon Airport as a stop-off for US warplanes. The "legitimate" targets include hospitals, women and children.

Belfast Telegraph: Islamic cleric says Ireland is a 'legitimate target'

A notorious British-based Islamic extremist has said Ireland is a "legitimate" target for al-Qa'ida terror attacks. Anjem Choudary, who has close links to the infamous hate preacher, Omar Bakri Mohammed, said the use of Shannon Airport as a stop-off for US warplanes justifies Ireland being attacked.

The solicitor (38) said: "If your government wants to support the atrocities in Afghanistan they can expect some repercussions," and added that Ireland had "opened itself" to attacks from radical Muslims linked to al-Qa'ida. Choudary even said that terrorists have the right to kill indiscriminately since American bombers did not pick and choose military targets in Iraq.

Choudary joined Omar Bakri Mohammed's al-Muhajiroun extremists in the late 1990s and became the cleric's spokesperson and advisor. He hailed the September 11 attacks as a "towering day in history" and hailed the hijackers as "magnificent martyrs".

Among the targets that the extremist believes are legitimate include hospitals, women and children.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

These extremists doesn´t make it easy for moderate muslims in Ireland, do they? Statements like these cause racism and gain more support to the extremists on "the other side".

Related ATS Threads:
Treaty Gives CIA Powers Over Irish Citizens
Top Cop: Terror Camps In Wales

[edit on 2005/8/20 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, I expect that this fellow will be deported shortly, in accordance with the new zero tolerance policy for this type of speech. This part of his hate speech I find especially troubling:

Among the targets that the extremist believes are legitimate include hospitals, women and children.

"So this is the nature of war, people don't make love in war do they? They'll kill each other. If you fire a nuclear weapon they will fire a nuclear weapon back."

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It´s nice to see that something is actually being done about this.

Scotsman: Clarke unveils crackdown to quell radical Muslim clerics

Wed 24 Aug 2005

HOME Secretary Charles Clarke today unveiled new measures to rid the country of radical Muslim clerics who stir up hatred and incite terrorist acts.

He published a list of "unacceptable behaviours" which could see extremists immediately deported from Britain or banned from coming into the country.

"Individuals who seek to create fear, distrust and division in order to stir up terrorist activity will not be tolerated by the Government or by our communities.

"By publishing the list today, I make it absolutely clear that these are unacceptable behaviours, and will be the grounds for deporting and excluding such individuals from the UK."

Among the banned activities will be those which:

• Foment terrorism or seek to provoke other to terrorist acts

• Justify or glorify terrorism

• Foment other serious criminal activity or seek to provoke others to serious criminal acts

• Foster hatred which may lead to 'intra-community violence' in the UK

• Advocate violent in support of political beliefs

• Put forward what the government considers to be "extreme views that are in conflict with the UK's culture of tolerance."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There´s more in the article...

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
A British-based Islamic extremist has said that Ireland is a "legitimate" target for Al Qaeda terror attacks. He said that Ireland has "opened itself" to attacks because they have allowed the use of Shannon Airport as a stop-off for US warplanes. The "legitimate" targets include hospitals, women and children.

This is very important! I can't understand why Al Qaeda does not threaten other countries that not only offer their airports and ports to US armed forces but also have sent troops to Afghanistan! could it be that the war on terror is simply a coup to establish the New World Order in the English-speaking world?

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

This is very important! I can't understand why Al Qaeda does not threaten other countries that not only offer their airports and ports to US armed forces but also have sent troops to Afghanistan! could it be that the war on terror is simply a coup to establish the New World Order in the English-speaking world?

i think they list Canada as well as Norway for example as other countries that needs to be terrorize. but remember that they prefer to take their time. they have lots of followers but not enough so u can attack countries around the world everyday.

cjf

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
i think they list Canada as well as Norway for example as other countries that needs to be terrorize. but remember that they prefer to take their time. they have lots of followers but not enough so u can attack countries around the world everyday.

And to the reply/question etc…when the concept of ideological ‘war’ becomes part of the general ‘front of the brain’ one may realize war has been declared upon the planet, not for territory rather for disbelief/un-association (souls aka. 'in the name of'...)and leading to eventual control by the few.

As a conspiracy site, I wonder why we do not hear of the ‘NWO’ according to ‘other’ cultures (meaning non-European/US). Isn’t there another plan working.... power by the few, lineage, dominance, clan etc....just curious?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
The "legitimate" targets include hospitals, women and children.

Isn't that just wonderful!

The people inciting this type of violence need to be expelled, the sooner the better.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Sequitur Non

I can't understand why Al Qaeda does not threaten other countries that not only offer their airports and ports to US armed forces but also have sent troops to Afghanistan! could it be that the war on terror is simply a coup to establish the New World Order in the English-speaking world?

I'm having trouble understanding this line of reasoning.

How do you go from this...

I can't understand why Al Qaeda does not threaten other countries that not only offer their airports and ports to US armed forces but also have sent troops to Afghanistan!

...to this?

could it be that the war on terror is simply a coup to establish the New World Order in the English-speaking world?

I feel like I'm reading two different posts.

Maybe you could fill in the details, because I'm not getting it.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Maybe you could fill in the details, because I'm not getting it.

It's simple: There are other countries that have offered their airports and naval ports to the US armed forces...but Al Qaeda have not issued a threat on them, nor are these countries on the Al Qaeda hit list.

Isn't it strange?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Step One

It's simple: There are other countries that have offered their airports and naval ports to the US armed forces...but Al Qaeda have not issued a threat on them, nor are these countries on the Al Qaeda hit list.

Isn't it strange?

Okay, I can agree that there may be something strange about that, though it may simply be that Al Qaeda hasn't been paying attention to them.

They're a terrorist group, not a credit bureau. Who they choose to threaten is up to them, and I expect they have their reasons for doing what they do.

The part I'm not getting is how we go from that to "the war on terror is simply a coup to establish the New World Order in the English-speaking world".

There's a lot of missing steps in that equation.

How does this establish -- or even remotely suggest -- a New World Order coup?

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
People that say these things need to be executed on the spot. No trial. No lawyers. Just 2 in the chest, and one in the head.

If you say that ANYTHING is a legit terror target, you are the enemy. In my mind he is as guilty of terrorism as OBL himself.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This might explain why the IRA announced they would pursue peaceful resolution with British North Ireland. With AQ threat thrown in the mix, one might see redirection to the new outsiders.
Have there been middle eastern people in Ireland lately or previously? Unless we have been there no one knows for sure. Not saying this is true, but I would not leave it out as a possability of the IRA. They are very territorial, and I doubt it the group and individuals, would let some other group on the turf.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

These extremists doesn´t make it easy for moderate muslims in Ireland, do they?

I'd think that the toughest part of being a muslim in ireland is....being in ireland. Seriously, i think you have to drink just to be let into the country!

top topics

join