It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Last Einstein Manuscript Rediscovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A handwritten document of Einsteins last major theory has been found in the library of a friend of the physics genius. The documents were found by Rowdy Boeyink while undergoing research and the 16 page manuscript which is dated 1924 describes actions of atoms of a gas at low temperatures. The manuscript is titled "Quantentheorie des einatomigen idealen Gases -- Zweite Abhandlung."

www.abc.net.au
"It's an important text because it refers to the last significant discovery by Albert Einstein," Carlo Beenakker, a researcher at the Lorentz scientific institute attached to the university, said.

He said the manuscript would be kept at Leyden University where Einstein, who was awarded the Nobel Prize for physics in 1921, was an annual guest professor.

Many of Einstein's manuscripts are kept in Israel, he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is great news and the documents can now be preserved for the world to see a genius at work. The passing of Einstein hailed the passing of an era of science. This manuscript is a valuable insight into the mind of a genius who bought such exciting formula's and discoveries for us to debate and use in our day to day life as well as greater understanding of the universe around us.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

A handwritten document of Einsteins last major theory

If it is cold perhaps it has something to do with solid state physics we all know the one thing that Einstein missed was correct by Debye ... do you have access to an english translation of this document?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The 16-page manuscript dated 1924 describes the behaviour of the atoms of a gas at very low temperatures, a process now known as Bose-Einstein condensation and only proved in 1995

Bose-Einstein Condensate

I bet if they just found it, they haven't yet translated, transcribed it, and uploaded it to be seen by all just yet.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Perhaps I've been on conspiracy boards too long but am I the only one that finds this all a little too neat and tidy First, ?

1/ First, I always thought that Einstein never accepted Quantum Theory to the end of his days. So why is this paper entitled "Quantentheorie des einatomigen idealen Gases -- Zweite Abhandlung."

My understanding was that his view was that "God doesn't play dice" a reference to the balance of probabilities inherent in Quantum Theory. He could not reconcile his own theories of special relativity with the new science of Quatum Theory which ironically his own theories spawned and so he spent his life searching for a universal answer which could apply to everything incuding the subatomic. It left him far away from the mainstrream scientific opinion towards the end of his life.

2/ If it looks too good to be true then it probably is. I'm thinking Hitler diaries and so on.

Of course, I have no scientific credentials to question this.

I hope it's true. It would be a scientific treasure.

Perhaps, I'm misunderstanding the significance of the title. Just seems strange it being titled "Quatum Theory of atoms in Gasses".

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
john bull it says "Quantum theory of the monatomic ideal gas" not what you said.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
I bet if they just found it, they haven't yet translated, transcribed it, and uploaded it to be seen by all just yet.

Neh. It's in modern German. It's already translated and transcribed.

But it's going to be incomprehensible unless you have a background in Einstein's theories and in math.

new topics

top topics

join