It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where would you live?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
this is just a short thread i think.....
i live in the u.k. and was wondering where in the world other members would live,(if you could live anywhere). but you must take into the following considerations:

it must be safe (or as can be) for families
it must be economically safe and viable
it may not be run by a military government
it must be a stable country

now i know that what im asking for is really paradise, but im sure that there are many members on here who have traveled around a bit , did any of you find a place somewhere on the lines of the above ? or near?

i leave to your capable hands to see what we come up with ....
good luck

not

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well I live in the US and like it here. As to what part of the US I would prefer to live, well I think the south would be rather nice.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I wouldn't live anywhere else. No other country even comes close.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
yeah i gotta say i love the USA to, when i was younger i lived in Lomita california for over a yr and loved every min, love new york and vegas been to them both a couple of times and have done the disney thing in florida for the last 6yrs, but gotta say kids are getting older and disney aint there thing anymore.

and its also very very hard to get in legal of course coz with having the kids you gotta go legal....ish (hahaha)
ive been on the lottery visa thing for the last 3 yrs and 'nadda'
i think OZ is still very hard to get in also
what happens is the very nice places are kept nice by stopping 'everyone ' just turning up?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I am an American, however about 20 years ago, I moved to Canada. Frankly I love it in Canada. It is a clean, orderly country that is multicultural and it seems to genuinely try to provide an environment that is condusive to a gentle and caring life-style. Oh, certainly, Canada has it's problems but so does every country. It is simply a decent place to live, raise a family and to pursue ones' personal interests and aspirations.

Don't get me wrong, however, I am an American. The United States is a truly wonderful place to live. And, chiefly because of it's size and population and unbridled press, the problems of the US are magnified -- often entirely out of proportion. It is truly a place where one can chase their dreams. However, as I mentioned previously, the US does have its' share of problems. Every country has positives and negatives. Too often, when viewing the US, people tend to dwell upon it's negative aspects while entirely ignoring most of the positive ones.

Nevertheless, Canada is "my" land of opportunity and it suits me just fine.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Well, I would movve back to my old home town in Boulder, Colorado

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hmm....it's between New York and London.
But if we could get rid of your rules, it would have to be City 17 from Half-Life 2 or some other military goverment (like Oceania from 1984).

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Having lived in Pennsylvania (New Hope was just one example) and North Dakota (Fahr-goe, you betcha )...

I'd probably (at this point) prefer to live in Cowfold England.
Very clean air, rural living, about 10 miles from civilization (ie, the town of Horsham)...green fields, cow-pats and honeysuckle. Or Brighton (which isn't too far from Cowfold).

And there are no mosquitoes.

Failing that, I adored the San Juan islands (off the coast of Seattle); but it's a wee bit out of my price league.

North Dakota isn't all bad, truthfully.

Neither is Pennsylvania for that matter.

Just more mosquitoes. And a lot more snow.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i live in london and i wouldnt move for the world.
i love this country but the only thing i would change is the weather!

if i had to i would move to LA. (USA) no idea why just always wanted to go there.

oni x x

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
well...I would move (I will) to Thailand. The people are great! The weather is hot The cultural atmosphere is just awesome...What else do you need?

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Chicago - John hancock building to be exact, lake view, on one of the top floors to be even more exact. Such a vibrant city and nice weather, at least for me - big snow fan here

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I live in the US now and if I had the choice to more anywhere, it would be Canada. Toronto preferably. If not that then Vancouver. I love the time I've spent there and didn't really want to leave. It's like the US, but better.

USA Number 8!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It would be have to Greece for me, on the small island of Thassos.

I go on holiday to Greece every year. It is safe, cheap, the people are wonderful and the food is amazing.

There is no place like it and I wouldnt go anywhere else.

posted on Sep, 9 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Live in Toronto, Canada and I would like to live some wheere in europe... maybe London..... or in Las Vages so like that I don;t have to travel from Toronto to Vegas to play WPT lol:shk:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Curious of those chanting USA - have any of you lived outside the states? [Canada excluded, as the two are almost interchangeable].

Misfit

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Southern Italy........absolutley beautiful place with friendley , passionate people!

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I am moving to Costa Rica. Pretty stable, great weather, no military, affordable heath care, inexpensive housing and utilities.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
New Mexico is almost paradice. New Zealand however looks to be truely the land of enchantment. Any Kiwis' want to trade houses for awhile?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
My birth sister lives in Scotland and it's beautiful and has cool weather. I would like to live there, but the economy sucks. I am American, but would prefer Canada because of the cold weather and the mountains.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I have lived in Alaska the last nine years, and let me tell you, it's beautiful. But if I had my way, I'd live in Portland, Oregon. I have been staying here with my brother for the past week, and I LOVE it. The nightlife is rocking, the people are pretty nice, it's a little ways away from the coast. It is the ultimate party place, which is what I'm looking for. If I had another choice it would be southern California, because yuo have the desert and the mountains and the beach, all within a few hours of each other.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join