It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Gasoline in Iraq Costs 5 Cents a Gallon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Keyword being was. That does not mean we are doing it now. The way Marg made it sound was as if this is an on going thing, which I doubt it is.

Yes the link I was refering on that post was from 2004, I missid that fact. Any way money for Iraqi reconstruction is still going into Iraq from US.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yes the link I was refering on that post was from 2004, I missid that fact. Any way money for Iraqi reconstruction is still going into Iraq from US.

[edit on 21-8-2005 by marg6043]

Just because at one time we shipped gas to Iraq does not mean it is an on going thing Marg.

Just for your information Iraq currently exports 1.6 million oil barrels daily, besides the local consumption estimated at 600,000 barrels daily. Those figures are current as of 8/10.

Iraq exports 1.6 Million barrels of oil daily

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
Grady,

I'm not sure how low gas prices justifies an illegal invasion and substantial abuses towards the Iraqi people by the American goverment, and these under the premise of a global threat posed by the Iraqi goverment.

illegal war?...there is no illegal war, much less the one fought in Iraq. When Saddam's regime decided to shoot at US and Brittish aircraft who were enforcing the no-fly zone, that in itself is a declaration of war by Saddam upon the US and Brittain. Appart from the other reasons for going to war.

Even our "supposed allies" agreed with us but then backstabbed us in the back.

You cannot by any stretch of the immagination conclude that the Bush Administration is responsible for widespread democratic reforms in the Middle East, and when these reforms are nothing but superficial addedums.
Luxifero

Yes, the Bush admininstration is responsible for bringing democratic reforms, not only in Iraq but in other parts of the Middle East.

There is no need for "extreching the imagination at all.

There is also no need to address the rest of your post.....

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'm not sure how low gas prices justifies an illegal invasion and substantial abuses towards the Iraqi people by the American goverment, and these under the premise of a global threat posed by the Iraqi goverment. In principle, nothing can truely be galvanized that can justify this war, or even digress from the status quo argumentation for it; however, an apology on behalf of the Bush Administration could surely do some justice.

but wut does the low gass price have to do with the "invasion of iraq" the artical states that insurgents are attacking the pipe lines

[edit on 27-8-2005 by biopolitical]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
``

we are all aware that stuff flows downhill, here's what .05 gas leads to...

snippet

source: antiwar.com...

....Iraq has gone on a car buying boom that has put a million new cars
on the road since liberation.

.........as for the heartning news that some Iraqis are going on a car-buying spree, I wouldn't advertise that too insistantly. After all, they're doing it with our money.
Announcing that Ahmed Chalabi and his friends are getting a brand-new Mercedes courtesy of the American taxpayers isn't going to
thrill anyone....

the US has financed ~9 billion dollars for Iraq reconstruction
but the way the creative accounting works, the fuel supply & gasoline
in not included with that ~9 billion figure...i think

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
With gas going down fast here in the States, 78 cents reported in Michigan today, read this article/thread over once more but instead of Iraq, replace that with America...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The price of gas in Iraq is the least of my considerations when I think about weather or not they were better off under Saddam or being rubbilized by Dick Cheney and the Rothchild family.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Do you see any correlation between the current State of affairs her in the States and what we saw in Iraq and Afghanistan a decade ago? Look at the difference in how the middle east has crumbled after all the wars/occupations. Millions fleeing for their lives as what is left is being taken and horrendous atrocities taking place through the gorilla actions and torture of the caliphate. Could this be the future of Western states namely America?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

www.fox5ny.com...
Lambs to the slaughter? History repeats itself? Chickens come home to roost? Whats good for the goose? Turn about is fair play? Do unto others....

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: frayed1
With unemployment at something like 40%, are there very many Iraqis left who can buy cars?

Maybe they can use gasoline lamps for light or cooking, as their power grid is pretty iffy......cheap gas seems a pretty poor consolation otherwise.

I would not advise using Gasoline for your lamp or cooking.
Kerosene is safe...
Gasoline, not so much, as it tends to explode.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join