It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion At Kelly 50 Years Ago(Davenport To Speak)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Here Is The Story

The festival, at the Hopkinsville-Christian County Conference and Convention Center, commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Aug. 21, 1955, report of an alien invasion at Kelly.

As Davenport retells each sighting with an immense focus on scientific details, his out-of-this-world stories become more science and less fiction

If you are close you might not want to miss this.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is the details of what happened 50 years ago.The Link

Very interesting story.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yeah, i've known this incident since I was a small kid. It inspired the movie E.T too, lol

Their house was also shot all up after the incident......

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite UFO encounters. I remember making my parents stop in Hopkinsville when we were driving through Kentucky. I think I wanted them to ask someone about the aliens.

If the incident actually happened, it's a pretty sad story. The witnesses were said that the creatures came towards them with their hands raised in a sign of peace. The bumpkins responded with shotgun blasts. The aliens didn't try to hurt them at all. If the the people of Kelly are holding this festival in the hopes that the aliens will come back, they're wasting their time. Earth probably has a travel advisory...

P.S.- That Kentucky New Era article was suprisingly well-done.

[edit on 8/20/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Interestign read. Imagine if they didn't shoot at them and welcomed them. How would the world be today?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If anyone attends the 50th aniversary please let us know how things went. I feel there is more to this story than we are being told. If this was a movie I wish it had a rewind button to allow us to wittness what happened.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here is the Story

Lincolnton - George D. Fawcett, a well known UFO investigator and researcher for the past 65 years, is one of the keynote speakers this weekend at the Hopkinville, Kentucky “Little Green Men Festival”. Fawcett is a Mount Airy native and resident of Lincolnton.

Fawcett, is scheduled to speak this weekend at the Holiday Inn and will present a slide show of dozens of key cases he has investigated worldwide. He will also have numerous UFO exhibits and will participate in autograph sessions of his latest book, titled, “What We Have Learned from UFO Repetitions” and “Human Reactions to UFOs and UFOnauts Worldwide”. Both books were published in 2005

Looks like this is going to be a good one.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Here Is Someone That Was There

For the ones following this here is a woman that was there. You should go and read.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The bumpkins responded with shotgun blasts.

In their defence, the aliens are reported to have had talon-like fingers. Not to mention the fact that the men who shot at them had family members in the house and were suddenly (according to their story) confronted with creatures from another planet whose intentions were unknown.

Yes, it would have probably been better if they had not tried to blow the aliens heads off, but imagine that you were in the same situation - it's dark, your family are scared, you hear strange noises and see strange lights. You arm yourself and go outside and there before you is a creature with large claws walking towards you. Maybe some people would have waited to see what the creature would do, but I think that a lot of people, especially if they had frightened family members, would have fired at the alien as well.

Besides, it seems to have done the aliens no harm.
Although it no doubt set back relations bewteen our two planets:

"Did the humans accept our treaty proposal? What ...? Well how many shots? Uh huh, uh huh. Well are you sure it was humans? I see. Did you at least give them the fruit basket?"

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well I can honestly say that if I were in those people's position (right now) I wouldn't have shot at them. Of course, I don't have a gun so that option's not there.

But really, I have been interested in aliens and UFOs for most of my life so I probably would be more excited than terrified. I'd have invited the little buggers into the house....after taking pictures of them.

But that's just me. I understand why those people 50 years ago shot at the aliens. I imagine the first thing on their minds would be "Demons!!!".

new topics

top topics

join