It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The disks of Baian-Kara-Ula

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
What do you guys and gals think about this article, fake or real? Never heard of it before, one of those archology digs that is suppressed becuase if falls outside the mainstream ideas? Some quotes:

"The skeletons, measuring a little more than four feet tall, were found "frail and spindly" with "disproportionately large" skulls"

"One of the best preserved disks was dated to between 10,000 and 12,000 years BC old, older by far than even the oldest estimates of the age of the great pyramids of Egypt"

"The men had huge, bulging heads and puny bodies and were so ugly and repellent that they were hunted down by local tribesmen on horseback"

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Dropa Stones , I consider it to be a bunk story!

Alien stone workers ! Need more be said?

I really don't buy it , plus ancient Chinese made similar stone disks.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I came across this story a while ago too, the discs were referred to as "Dropa Stones" and I read that the spiral groove, it turns out, is actually composed of tiny hieroglyphics that tell the incredible story of spaceships from some distant world that crash-landed in the mountains. The ships were piloted by people who called themselves the Dropa, and the remains of whose descendents, possibly, were found in the cave.

The Dropa disks tell the story of a space probe from a distant planet that crash-landed in the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains of the Himalayas. The occupants of the spacecraft - the Dropa - found refuge in the caves of the mountains. Despite their peaceful intentions, the Dropa were misunderstood by members of the Ham tribe who were occupying neighboring caves and who hunted down the aliens and even killed some of them. A translation of one of the passages says: "The Dropa came down from the clouds in their aircraft. Our men, women, and children hid in the caves ten times before sunrise. When at last they understood the sign language of the Dropa, they realized that the newcomers had peaceful intentions...."

The stones go on to say how the Dropa were unable to repair their disabled spacecraft and could not return to their home planet, and so were stranded on Earth. If that's true, have their descendents survived?

Today, the isolated area is inhabited by two tribes of people who, in fact, call themselves the Dropa and the Han. Anthropologists have been unable to categorize either tribe into any other known race; they are neither Chinese nor Tibetan. Both tribes are of pygmy stature, adults measuring between 3-foot-6 and 4-foot-7 with an average height of 4-foot-2, and body weights of 38 to 52 pounds. They are yellow-skinned with thin bodies and disproportionately large heads, corresponding to the skeletal remains found in the caves in 1938. They have sparse hair on their bodies and have large eyes that are not Asian in aspect, but have pale blue irises.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that information. It was wonderful and I wonder if it is true. It seems to be well sourced so there may be some truth behind it but China being China and Russia being Russia...I doubt we will know anymore anytime soon. I would love to see the actual writing on the disks.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
anorwegianguy - Hey this subject was something I was working on a few years back. It was really unique and we thought warrented development. We were going to make a pitch for a documentary about it. We were calling it Chinas Roswell. There was allot of interesting information that we were getting from different sources. Unfortunately all of it was from tricky web sites. So we had to destill allot.

Unfortunately someone at the production company investigating it came accross information that the originator of the story did not intend the story as fact. It was largely theoretical scenario tieing in various artifacts that originaly had no association. UFO enthusiast have since added articles on web sites above and beyond what the initial story outlined. No surprise right. So the Dropa like most UFO cases has developed its own creative following. You may never seperate the wheat from the chaffe.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thx for you input Nullster.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The story of the Dropa stones is fascinating, but the diffuse nature of the various reports and studies that have concerned the stones leads me to question which one is true. These reports have varied widely, and it can be hard to seperate fact from wishful thinking when dealing with a subject like this.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I for one believe that this Dropa stones story has something true behind it, but it is already difficult to know for sure what was happening in our own governements 30 years ago, no wonder it's difficult here with a story back in the 30's, then in the 60's in Russia and China...

Those governements and KGB and who knows what have certainly not made it easy for others to know.

The part that really intrigues me is about the classification of those Ham/Han and Dropa tribes. I can find nothing interesting about them in searches, except directly linked to that disks story...

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpookyVince
The part that really intrigues me is about the classification of those Ham/Han and Dropa tribes. I can find nothing interesting about them in searches, except directly linked to that disks story...

The Han tribe is the biggest tribe of china. Check this quote from this site.

The largest group, the Han, make up over 92% of China's vast population, and it is the elements of Han civilization that world considers "Chinese culture."

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hi guys. I am searching for someone who wants to travel to china and find these caves on a little expedition of mine. I dont think I can do it all alone, I need at least one person to travel with. So if you want to come with me send me a mail with a few words about yourself and stuff to this adress: [email protected]
btw, sorry for my crappy english, Im from Norway. Hope you understand me though.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
We've discussed the Dropa stones on the board before... they are known fakes, and in fact are admitted fakes by Von Daniken:
messageboard.cinescape.com...

In 2002, the well-respected Fortean Times magazine that investigates and publishes paranormal reports published this:

v\Perhaps the biggest of these 'modern myths' concerns an ancient crashed saucer in Tibet, whose survivors are the ancestors of the Dzopa clan. Real evidence for this claim is non-existent and the story does not exist before the publication, in 1978, of 'Sungods in Exile', the account by Oxford historian Karyl Robin-Evans of his stay among the Dzopa in 1947, edited by David Agamon. Alas for the credulous, the very real author David A Gamon confessed in this very magazine in 1992 (FT62: 63) that Robin-Evans and the Dzopa were all created by him as a satire on the 'god was a space-alien' industry.

So there you have the truth of the Dropa Stones. Velikovsky took some pictures of a very real Chinese couple in traditional clothing and presented those as part of the "proof" that there were aliens out in Tibet. Because Westerners really didn't have a clue about tribal clothing, they took it for granted that this must be something alien and not a very real group of real humans dressed in clothes for a wedding festival.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
why do you think he said they where fakes? he`s paid off by someone or he is afraid of what he found... the story and the disks is true. I know. One of my friends are from china and he told me about it.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
IT CANT BE FAKE!

A race of small aliens land on the planet centuries ago and coincidentally the natives of that region are pygmies "adults measuring between 3-foot-6 and 4-foot-7 with an average height of 4-foot-2, and body weights of 38 to 52 pounds. They are yellow-skinned with thin bodies and disproportionately large heads, corresponding to the skeletal remains found in the caves in 1938. They have sparse hair on their bodies and have large eyes that are not Asian in aspect, but have pale blue irises."

C'mon, Byrd. No one makes a earth shattering discovery like that and suddenly laughs and says they made it up. Its like sking someone out cos you really fancy them, but when they shun you you mumble 'she's ugly anyway.' (personal experience
)

EDIT: Don't know if this is the same as your site Norwegianguy
www.ancientx.com...

EDIT: Another atricle from a newspaper (name at bottom)
www.philipcoppens.com...

[edit on 20-11-2005 by JackofBlades]

[edit on 20-11-2005 by JackofBlades]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
so... nobody wants to join me on this expedition? Just imagine what we may find. It will change everything.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think this story is really interesting. Fake or real? If I were to really make a guess as to what the real truth is with this story, Id guess its the Dropa Stones. The tombs seems alittle over-board. Unusual findings like this happen a lot though. There are old stones and objects similar to the Mayan calender from other cultures that theyve never deciphered or learned about, showing weird symbols and hidden meanings. Are things we cant understand more significant? Obviously its fun to assume when it comes to archaeology but I bet 9 times out of 10...they are meaningless objects of little importance. Interesting and rich with information? Sure, but is it going to send to back in time if you rub it the right way? I dont think so. I also feel like science is unmeasurable and can be unconsistant, meaning that our humanly need to organize and mathmatically figure something out could just be a bunch of wasted time, in the true meaning of a phenomenon. They see things in space everyday that defies our "logical" science. Scientific assumptions and theories that a lot of people and organizations have so willingly subjected themselves to believing, are constantly being re-thought and changed. Dropa Stones from outer space? Not so sure, but Im not ruling it out of my possibilities!

top topics

join