It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate my provincial government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Today our provincial government (saskatchewan) announced they are building a 1 Million dollar addition to the regina airport, to be used ONLY by government officials.

What a waste of money. What are they too good to use the rest of the facilities like everyone else?

Honestly what do they need it for?

They cant even give us decent roads, or money to our communities, but when it comes to giving a million bucks to something that will be used by about 200 people they are all for it.

Go to hell !

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Living in Ontario, I would hazard a guess that the excesses of the provincial government are not as obvious as those in the less populated provinces. However, when one looks at the elitist attitudes of the Federal government, one must conclude that such behvior is widespread throughout both the provincial and federal levels. It can only cause one to stop, take pause and ask "who are these people? And how is it that "they" represent ME"? The only answer that comes to mind is "they don't"!

Where is the representation? Where is the sense of responsibility towards the constituency? You have to ask whether the Canadian Government, in general, a democracy or one of the finest examples of Blue Smoke and Mirrors and Population Control ever!

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Indeed, our governments are wasting time and money all across this fine nation. There isnt much we can do to stop it. It seems all parties are involved in some way shape or form.

I guess things change once you are in power...

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Today our provincial government (saskatchewan) announced they are building a 1 Million dollar addition to the regina airport, to be used ONLY by government officials.

What a waste of money. What are they too good to use the rest of the facilities like everyone else?

Did they say anything else, such as for military purposes?

Honestly what do they need it for?
They cant even give us decent roads, or money to our communities, but when it comes to giving a million bucks to something that will be used by about 200 people they are all for it.

Ask your regional elected official, (In the US they are called Congressman. Not sure what they are Titled in Canada, Parlimental Representative?). Anyone you can write, such as someone in parliment?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It will not be used for any military, unless some official decides to visits. That would be my guess.

Heres an interesting story...

A draft version of the agreement, approved by the Saskatchewan cabinet earlier this month, states the $147.7 million will be dished out over five years to "primarily support environmentally sustainable municipal infrastructure".

The deal also states that "routine repair and maintenance costs" and services normally provided by a municipality cannot be funded under the program.

Eligible projects include enhanced public transit, water and sewage systems, landfills, renewable energy initiatives and "research into sustainable models for infrastructure".

MacLean argues that motorists, especially in the West, want their gas taxes spent on roads.

"This whole thing is very Toronto-centric," he said.

"In Western Canada. . .we don't need light-rail transit in Estevan, we don't need more wind power projects, what we need are driveable, passable roads."

Saskatchewan government officials were not available to comment on the deal.

Ah gotta love it.

"It's completely out of whack with what the average taxpayer out there is looking for," said David MacLean, the federation's director in Saskatchewan.

"The average taxpayer wants their potholes filled, their roads maintained, their sidewalks maintained, and under this deal that just isn't happening."

new topics

top topics

join