It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Coast to Coast right now, Big Foot caught!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The Nature Of The Beast

Originally posted by Harry55
I just hope that the world can overlook this scam when someone has real proof of bigfoot.

Don't worry. If someone ever comes up with real proof, it will be undeniable.

That's the beauty of real proof.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Loren Coleman is going to be on Coast-to-Coast tonight to comment on the fiasco. I'll probably tune in while doing something else, just to get the "official" story, such as it is.

[edit on 8/22/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
On C2C tonight : About the bigfoot ; "It was told to me."
And "You will have the entire story tomorrow." No claim as to the truth of his story.

Case Officially Closed

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Well just bloody great. Was the whole point of all of this money? The root of all evil... Figures.
But I still don't understand how a person can give up his reputation like that for let's say 40,000 x $14.95 = $598,000? Is that what a reputation is worth? Half a million bucks? But I guess you don't have much of a reputation if it's your job to find a mythical creature?

I doubt if he'll get prosecuted in the court of law. Nowhere does he state "Pay me and I'll show you Bigfoot" ... No, he says "The The cost to follow the Finding Bigfoot World-Wide Web Excursion is... "
His lawyers will have a field day with this anyhow. People paying money to see a mythical creature. There's a million loop-holes...

Nah. He'll get discredited (unless he comes up with a REALLY good story), and he'll disappear with his money for a while to think up his next P.O.A. to scam naive (and hopeful!) people...

This sucks... Why can't Crypto supporters get a break... Just once!?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It is possible that someone told him that they had one in captivity. Here is a post from cryptozoology.com :

I received the following response today (Monday 8/22) from the editor of Happy Camp News:

No,he didn't capture one. He was promised a Bigfoot by a woman who
said her grandsons shot and injured one (that's how I heard it anyhow).

But now I've heard from a friend that Tom has decided that the woman was scamming him. I think he paid her for the "medical bills". We'll just have to wait and see how he plans to deal with his misinformation. Editor.

So I think the money was genuinely for an expedition.

If you listen to the clip from C2C, in some places he takes care to say, "one is in captivity." He doesn't say where.

But he still lied. His other quote on C2C was , "We've had one in captivity now in the other location for quite a while now." He was talking about 3 camps just before, so "the other location" implies his camp, not to mention the "we."

He also said, "We have a lot of this on film." If there is no animal, there is no film.

I can believe he was scammed. If he had said that someone else had captured it, no problem. But his exaggerations and lies totally ruined his credibility with me.

[edit on 8/23/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
if and when the big day happens, and somebody shows up with legitimate proof of BF, I'd guess it will be a farmer or hiker that accidentally comes across the evidence, not some indiana jones wanna be.

that said, ats should get an e-mail list of all the people that signed up for the webcast, so we can send them a head slap via cyber-space

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I wouldnt bother with this thread again, but for the fact that he's a scamming donkey. He couldnt talk about it last night...WHY? baaa!

"I cant talk about it now" (why, too distressed?)

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Like I said, he, and his whole story, is complete BULL.

Close this.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I agree needs to be closed, this is BS.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I hear you. But CtoC's George cut him off PDQ and awaits his explanation tonight for the delay of proof.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Here's a posting from Linda Jo Martin, the lady who first spilled the news about the non-existent Sasquatch :

(Talking about a recording of coyotes howling)
This is just one example of how Tom Biscardi doesn’t say something is Bigfoot evidence when it isn’t.

No, he just to claims to have Bigfoot in captivity when he really doesn't.

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
CLOSE THIS B.S.

d1k

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Tom Biscardi on C2C right now getting torn up by listeners and even George Noory, he made a couple comments like it's C2C's listeners fault lol!

[edit on 24-8-2005 by d1k]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If this guy doesn't refund all of the money for those requesting it past last Friday then someone is going to file a law suit. We will see what happens within a few days.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
George Nooray just instructed his listeners to call their credit card companies and tell them you didnt get what you paid for.. and chances are you'll get a refund..

No clue if it'll work..

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
the apology and explanation here:
www.greatamericanbigfoot.com...

video apology:
www.greatamericanbigfoot.com...

I think he should also provide links to a refund page. I know in Canada and the US there's Credit Card Chargebacks which I did before and works for sure. (especially over the internet where no signature is given)

Why is everyone calling for this thread to be closed? Maybe it should be retitled, but this still needs to be discussed, In my opinion. I myself look to this thread for update to this situation and I'm sure many members do also.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Biscadi's explanation on C2C last night sounded like he was making it up as he was going along, and his attitude towards refunding the money was unbelievable. Then he was getting mad at the callers. This guy is a real piece a work. I hope some D.A. was listening and opens an investigation.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Sealed Records

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Why is everyone calling for this thread to be closed? Maybe it should be retitled, but this still needs to be discussed, In my opinion. I myself look to this thread for update to this situation and I'm sure many members do also.

As do I.

I understand the sentiment of wanting to just let this tumble down the memory hole, but those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

It is as important to discuss frauds as it is to discuss legitimate possibilities.

I can't think of anything Tom Biscardi would want more than for people to forget about this.

I would prefer to see him publicly flogged in this thread, though it is only a tiny fraction of what he deserves.

I'll leave the rest up to law enforcement officials.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

As weeks passed we received disturbing information that the creature was abducted by one of the doctors.

Darn.... they went for the "doctor felt pity" excuse, and not my "escaped in the middle of the night" excuse

While I understand that he got scammed, I only have a problem because he claimed that HE had it when he didn't... that's the scam here. I guess that's what he gets for trying to take all the credit instead of giving it to people who claimed to have caught it. If Tom had said "We have information that another person claims to have a bigfoot in captivity, and we are driving there to see it for ourselves" I dont think anyone would want their money back, and all the blame would have been on the woman scamming HIM. I think it is tragic the way that it played out, and now we don't know if he is credible any more or not. Because there is a small chance that he is actually devoted and not just in it for the money, and he got screwed.

[edit on 24-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

July 15 our CEO and founder, Tom Biscardi, was informed by co-founder, Peggy Marx, that an acquaintance who she believed was credible claimed to have an injured Bigfoot in captivity. The woman insisted that doctors were caring for this creature, and that while we couldn't see it until it recovered from its injuries, they wanted assistance from us to protect, care for, and study it.

As weeks passed we received disturbing information that the creature was abducted by one of the doctors.

If I was seriously hoaxed, and my business suffered greatly, and I made a fool of myself on the radio.. you can bet I'd disclose this mysterious woman's name.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join