It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stuck in a maze - Recurring Dream!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I keep having a recurring dream and I feel I need to find out what it means.
The first time was a few years ago, but I get it every few months or so.

I am in a maze, running from a pack of twenty - twenty five dogs. All really big, rabid beasts. The maze has a really low ceiling, I can't stand up properly, I'm running crouched. I'm running for maybe five minutes and all the time, I can hear these dogs. I can almost sense them just a few seconds behind me. The walls of this maze are streaked blood red and black, and light switches appear and disappear every few seconds all over them. They appear, click and disappear, to reappear somewhere else.
I can hear the dogs again, they are closer than ever, and I duck around a corner. They don't see me and run past. A light switch appears in the space between my shoulder and my ear, clicks and disappears. I know the dogs are close enough to hear it and I slowly slide down the wall to my knees and sure enough, they run round the corner and they are on me. I'm sobbing with my head in my hands and all the time, they are tearing strips of flesh off my body. I hear someone call a name and I wake up. I can't remember what the name is, it's not someone waking me up, because I get these dreams when I am in the house on my own.

What does this mean?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I could mean that you may feel lost in a dangerous place and if you don't move fast enough and get out you may get hurt or nothing it could be just a dream

is the dream always the same? if so next time you have the dream try to take control of your self and keep trying to find the way out of the maze or turn and fight the dogs you may figure out what it realy means for your self

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'll give it a try. It's always the same, but with every time, it seems to last a little longer. I have had very little success with lucid dreaming if that is what you are recommending.

I'll U2U if I get it again if you wouldn't mind? See if we can crack this thing.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Are you always at the same place in the maze when the dream starts, or do you feel you are farther along, or more lost?

Do all the dogs look the same? Are they of familiar breed(s)? Is it a wild pack, have they been sent for you, or are they just patrolling the maze?

The thing with the switches, is it something about your presence that makes them appear and cycle, like the one that seemed to bring back the dogs? Do they switch on and off, or only one way, and if so, which? Do they have any special meaning to you?

The switches seem to me like possibly opportunities to make progress escaping (or becoming more lost in) the maze. Making the wrong choice or mis-using the opportunity has dire consequences, bringing back the dogs.

What the maze signifies, and why the dogs want to chase you down and tear you apart is still beyond me. Hence the questions. I hope I am helping.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
more thoughts,

Perhaps the maze signifies some confusion on your part about the direction to take on some important issue in your life, or in your life itself.

The dogs may represent your past letdowns, or fears of future disappointment. Are you afraid of dogs?

Again, the switches (is it always the same switch popping up in different places?) may represent options, opportunities, choices, some type of crossroads that may hold a determining factor, or shed light, on your effort to escape the dogs and the maze.

In your dream, you avoid the dogs, then a switch appears beside your head, but instead of helping you, you know (sure enough) it brings the dogs back; as you kneel, they tear you up. Are you sobbing in fear? sadness? hopelessness?

To me, in affect, you are possibly being overwhelmed by fear (the dogs), when presented with what must be a (or some) very challenging crossroads (the switch(es)). You barely get a second to catch your breath from being chased by the dogs, when the switch appears and brings them right back.

I believe we all must face and embrace our fears to come to terms with them; force them out into the light of day. On closer inspection, they aren't nearly as scary as they seem. If we give in to them, they only become more incessant and demanding. We must lean into challenges, make hard choices decisively, and make the best of outcomes.

I hope your dream goes away. I can't stand to think of those dogs getting to you like that over and over in your dreams.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Well, I had the same dream last night and I remember a little more.

I started in the same place as I always do, but I felt a little more in control. In preparation for having it again, everytime I walked through a doorway or crossed a threshold, I have stopped and thought about what it is I am doing there and what it is I want to accomplish. I didn't think it would amount to much, but it worked. I found myself taking the same left turn that I normally do, and found the dogs instantly on my tail as always. But as I made to take the usual right turn to where I got caught, I carried on straight and ended up making a complete circuit and coming up behind the dogs. I caught them unawares and when the dogs say me bhind them, they ran away.
Maybe this is the end of it!?!

I have been afraid of big dogs since I was five years old. I climbed into my neighbour's garden to get my ball back and their german shepherd bit me on the left side of my face. However, in thr dream, these dogs were enormous black Turkish sheep-dogs. They have always been drooling this thick red stuff too. Could that be my mind making it a little more scary? I think the Turkish sheep-dogs come into the eqation because my auntie's neighbour had three.

I have had several dreams about dogs attacking me over the past twelve years or so. In these other dreams, the dogs are known to me. They are either family pets or belong to friends of mine.

As for the switches, I remember there being hundreds of them everywhere. Not always because I have been there, because I remember hearing them in the distance too. When I kneel, I am sobbing through fear and in resignation to my fate. Strange how as a child I understood the concept of resignation to a mortal foe.
Before, I stopped round the corner to catch my breath and when I had calmed down enough to think about what I was doing, the light switch appeared.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Great to see that the dogs ran away from you! That is real progress. Did you feel that after the dogs ran away, you would find your way out of the maze? Or did making the complete circuit help you get your bearings?

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
No, I still felt pretty lost. But I did feel slightly more in control of the situation. I remembered standing thinking, "what now?" and then I woke up. It doesn't make any sense!

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
1) You feel like you are a coward.

2) You a getting used by too many people in your life.

3) Different aspects of your existance (Personal beliefs, Boss, Family, Friends, etc...) are pulling you emotionally, physically, and mentally in different directions.

4) You don't feel like you have control over what has the potential to illuminate the problem for you.

5) You don't stand up for yourself.

6) You limit the amount of exits and paths available to you, because you run from your fears and eventually get stuck in a corner, limiting your own options.

Dreamland Advice:
Don't run in the dream. Don't care about the light switches. Don't care about the maze. Start wiping down the walls. Laugh at the dogs.

Awakeland Advice:
Center yourself. reduce responsibility (extra tasks). speek how you feel to those around you, stop pacifying others so much. Relationships (proffessional & otherwise) are meant to be a 2 way street.

fum

posted on Aug, 23 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
it could mean many things but if you rather discuss this in private which i kinda would i could tell you the actual definition of your dream for you but only you can interpret it and find out the answer

new topics

top topics

join