It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets Narowly Miss US Warships In Jordan (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Katyusha rockets were fired at two U.S. warships in Jordan's Red Sea Aqaba port on Friday, narrowly missing their targets, and Jordanian security officials said they believed al Qaeda was involved in the attack. The rockets hit a warehouse, a hospital and the nearby Israeli port of Eilat. The only casualty was a Jordanian soldier on guard duty at a warehouse, who was killed.

news.yahoo.com
Jordanian security officials told Reuters most initial indications pointed to the involvement of al Qaeda, which has been blamed in recent years for several plots to launch attacks on Western targets and government installations.

Jordanian Interior Minister Awni Yarfas told Reuters the rocket launcher was a crude device, which appeared to indicate its users "had not properly prepared for the attack."

The hundreds of police and troops involved in the operation were looking for Arabs, including Iraqis, Syrians, Egyptians and Jordanians, thought to have fired the rockets.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Glad they missed!

[edit on 19/8/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yeah, they must be really bad shots
. Anyway i hope they catch them.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I was following this on NPR yesterday, it's really wild. Jordan prided itself on being very safe since 9/11, especially given it's location and position, so this hit them really hard. They were looking, I heard, for four men, Iraqi and Egyptian.

That third shot, that missed by ten miles, that's probably the worst shot I've heard of. Thankfully (other than the one death) there was very minimal damage.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
People really are losing their minds. Seems attacks are just occuring everywhere and by anyone. It is sad the Jordan soldier died. Glad there were no further deaths and that the ships have left the area.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well I'm glad to hear the Jordanians are being helpful, unlike some countries *coughs* Saudi Arabia* cough*. But I'm glad they missed, but it raises the question of how they missed by such a large margin. Honestly, how does even an untrained terrorist miss like that. Surely if you can operate the rocket you could hit the broadside of a warship?

new topics

top topics

join