It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of Political Baiting and Sniping on ATS (was ALL MEMBERS READ)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
(stuff about howling on both ends of the aisle)

...I really have to commend the above author for failing to notice the purpose of the thread in such a grandiose fashion.

I'm just pointing out the state of "debate" in general just about everywhere, that is what the site owners/moderators are dealing with when it comes to the vast majority of the population. I didn't say put up with it on this site, esp. the jumping to conclussions with the weirdest logic thematrix refered to. If anything, it seems more likely the purpose of a previous post of mine I'm not even going to refer to (hoping to avoid more trouble) was missed in a grandiose fashion.

My "interjections" about neo-cons and liberals were hardly out of context in relation to the point I was making (this thread maybe). I have a low opinion of most members of both groups (seeing them as hypocrites who shouldn't be pointing fingers) and if the forum owners can't handle me stating that in a somewhat colorful manner, well apparently the site were at least a fraction of the posters such as ignoranceisntblisss makes some sense isn't an option either.

The post might have been taken as a slam against entire ethnic groups, well that's another matter I can't see getting into to much here. Suffice it to say that my views regarding ethnic matters (or anything else) is too complicated and outside the mainscream to be gleaned from any one post.

Anyway, any more disscussion of the state of political debate today is best left to a separate thread, and then only if it doesn't do more harm than good given the current environment (considering that I'm a p----d radical independent included, literally chipping my teeth since another Bush was a candidate for the Republican nomination "knowing" he'd win it and the presidency one way or another).

I don't know how this will be taken, or what suprises are in store for me, but if my worst fears come to pass I'll know inside of 15 minutes -- of that much I've figured out by now. My (apparently inciteful) insights tend to be rewarded with instant and seemingly gratuitous punishment, not just ATS either.

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 11/7/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

This is good news to hear! And is why I hold ATS in a high postion in my research, and news gathering. Im glad the people in charge have caught onto these "slick" moves.
Im sure my thanks are not needed, but I thought I would offer my thanks away. As ATS has set a standard, and you guys do your best to keep that standard higher than any other board I have ever been a part of.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thank you. I think its great. I think we should just steer away from political and religiouse threads from now on. I'm going to try and not even read them anymore. I suggest we just silence them by not responding if it sounds loaded. Its easy to take the bait and "not let that go". Back on topic, conspiracies!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have to admit that I did post a political post and have had a debate or two on the issue but I think I was in the right place for it but I agree that it can get outa hand and have made my last political post... You make a good point.. and I know I would rather talk of Quantum States and particle physics anyway.. Its much less complicated...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Springer! you frickin rock!!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think it would be great if we could all just review the opening post and take these sentiments to heart.

Considering the vitriol being thrown around the political forums perhaps a little refresher course on civility and decorum are in order.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I see this thread was started about when I joined ATS and there was political baiting and sniping but the spirit was much different than what exist currently on the boards. There has been a definite shift in attitudes.

In 2005 the disagreements and name calling had a feeling of being respectful adversaries with differences of opinion.

Today their is a feeling of hate exemplified by the phrase "you people" a seperation, a lack of community.

Back then the arguments were fun and challenging and thought provoking. Now it is win at all cost. Mutual respect be damned.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
well theres lots of chicanery going around.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

i have to agree whaaa.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Anyway I agree with the opening post. I was sucked into this too and I am glad I realized it with the help of two members that pointed it out to me.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You judgment is so off, what you call baiting yeah right, just more pompous B.S. from people that are controlling another media service and political correctness is the rule when too much truth gets out. Don't really want the sheeple to awake do you.
I don't give a damn about points, never joined this forum to score points in the first place. I thought it was a place of truth, and challenge but was I wrong, just another place for b.sing that's all.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
BUMP!

I notice that there has been quite a bit of this going on lately here at ATS and I thought that a reminder might be in order, no one appreciates having their post destroyed with these tactics.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I concur!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join