It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyborgs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   
www.newsinsider.org...

I don't have an opinion on this really. If it doesn't happen today it sure as hell will in the future. It's a case of how far it goes.

(thanks for the head up about posting a comment)

[Edited on 31-8-2003 by Britman]

posted on Aug, 30 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Britman, just so you know, youre not supposed to post that way. You cant just put the link up: you need to post the link, then put in your personal comments with the link. Just so you know.

Anyway, this is a trend in the military: dehumanizing it. Its a trend in life: dehumanizing humanity, period.

If the military didnt already do a good enough job turning us into robots, well they can do it literally now

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
To be honest i think cybernetic implants for a human mixing machine with man would be a great step for the future we could remeber everything and live forever and expand are minds in a way never dreamed possible.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   
What I don't understand is, why not use people on Death Row as test subjects? I mean, the Death Sentence is the ultimate loss of Human Rights, so why not make some use out of their lives. Use the people on death row to try out all their methods of "Cyborg" creation and testing (among other things), if they die, well, no loss, they was already going to die.

I am in no way for the Death Sentence, but it's there so why not make use of it.....

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
hmmmm it's an idea but what if you add an implant to someone that say killed 5 people and this implant made them stronger and faster. What would you do if they escaped!!

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yeh but it would be under controlled enviroment so if they tried to escape they would be killed

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzpatrick
Yeh but it would be under controlled enviroment so if they tried to escape they would be killed

Precisely. I don't expect them to be let loose on the public, just experimented on and tested in controlled enviroments. Have the bastard headbutting walls and chewing diamonds, testing their limits........the possibilities are endless, if you can look past the human rights. But the way I see it, they've already lost all their rights.....

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Pretty cool stuff in that article.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I believe that very soon robotics will become more advanced, and in the near future in our lifetime A.I. will exist, but there is the huge moral issues about all of this (which we all know about). But what Im curious to see is if they can take our memories and knowledge and place them into machines, if it would be possible for us to live forever in a way. What would be really wierd about that though is you wouldnt really be who you were, youd be a machine programmed to behave and remember about that persons life. So many thoughts on this subject, will we ever really understand it?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
To be honest we can come up with a lot of theorys about what would happen but until it does we wont really know how it is going to go.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I agree that Death Row subjects would be good testers for a cyborgnetic implant. They are going to die anyway. Just implant the thing,and watch the test subject in a controlled enviroment. It would be the best and safest idea.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This guy has done his research but is illogical.

The government would fully investiage all human emotions that would affect a mind to aircraft link. If any emotions that occur in a real combat scenario could ever cause loss of the plane. The tech would be scraped because it would be innaffective.

Lets say you get shot in the arm. You are basically psychologically disabled from using that arm. You are, in turn, probably going to get shot again if you don't react. Reduction of pain stimulus would greatly enhance a soldiers survival rate. Muscle stimulus would also probably only be used when you get shot as to enhance his ability to respond

If a plane were to be controled by the mind, instead of electronics. It would be harder for a general to turn the pilot into a kamikaze.

Lets say airline pilots use implants in the brain to control the aircraft. The aircraft would be in no need to have controls easily accessable to the passengers or terrorists. Terrorists would not be able to hijack a plane with small knives. They too would need an implant and I'm sure the airplane to pilot connection would be secure.

Lets say that there was another WW. You are surrounded by 100,000 enemy troops, have been up for 2 days straight and are gettomg tired. You get intel that there is a planned attack soon. Do you want to be cat napping when you are attacked. No! Normal military operations and situations only last around an hour or so. Drugs to reduce combat fatigue would only need to be used in disasters and would greatly enhance soldiers abilities for survival.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here is a more recent article on Cyborgs of the future. I think it's amazing and am all for utilizing our knowledge to improve human capabilities. I know some people have moral issues with this, but so far I have found no reason to be disturbed by it. I wonder with all this new technology emerging, how soon it will be until us humans get a nice increase in life expectancy.

The article I am giving a link to talks about a professor who is hoping to have some "brain work" done himself in order to achieve cyborg status. Gosh, I am just so amazed how far technology has come!

star-techcentral.com.../2003/10/14/itfeature/6414580&sec=itfeature

Does anyone think this has gone too far or not far enough?

-JAH

top topics

join