It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am confused about the mason's.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

..........Originally posted by TxSecret

To be quite frank with you, this is all your opinion. When it comes to religion, we're all guessing. No one knows who is right or wrong.

If you want to better yourselves and contribute to to your brother do it in JESUS' name.

Most Masons in the U.S. are Christians. And for those who are not, it would be ridiculous to push our belief off on them. And even if we did, the preachers who preach against Freemasonry, would still not be happy. They will say, "See, they are trying to take the place of Christianity."
Then you have to think about Jesus. Not everyone agree on it. I might believe that he was the Son of God, but someone else might think that he was just a prophet. I might feel that he was born from a virgin, but someone else might think that Mary was raped by a Roman soldier, etc... This is one reason why religion cannot be discussed inside of the lodge. It would cause too much unnecessary confusion; and the same goes for politics. As you pointed out in the scriptures: "Am 3:3 Can two walk together, except they be agreed?" The answer is no. And since we all don't agree on religion and politics, they both stay within the person's heart and not broadcast inside of the lodge.

Remember, good works don't get you into the Kingdom of God.
Who said that it did. But at least you realize that we do good works

We all have a date with destiny and when that date comes I sure want to be on the right side of the fence. What side are you on? Choose carefully.

Once again, we are all guessing when it comes to religion. I think that somewhere in your brain you know this. This is why you said, "choose carefully." Anyways, Masonry is not a religion so I know it won't get me to heaven.

And if you are not following Jesus then you are definitely in SERIOUS trouble.
You nothing to loose following Jesus but EVERYTHING to loose if you don't.

Once again, that's your opinion.

But you do have one thing in common that all Masons have, we all believe in God.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
Just a partial reply from me I'm afraid as I don't feel particularly qualified to answer questions about the mormons

Originally posted by Merger
Is Prince Philip, Queens Husband...a Mason? If so, what degree?

I think this was answered recently on another thread, but Prince Philip is an Entered Apprentice. He joined freemasonry many years ago, it is said just to keep his father happy, and is entirely dormant in the Craft.

Is the Queen 'Patroness of International Freemasonry?'

No. There is no such thing as 'International' freemasonry. There is an irregular Grand Lodge of that name in the US but it's small and nothing to do with the Queen.

Is Tony Blair a Mason? If so, What degree?

No

Why does the Pope sit on a chair with an Upside down cross on it?

This has also been covered in a recent thread.

If Prince Philip IS a high ranking Mason, AND if mohammed Al-fayed is proven to be right, then i'm sorry, this tells me that the high ranking freemasons are indeed sinister!

But as he isn't, presumably this means the 'high ranking freemasons aren't sinister! Seriously though, how much of the theory that the freemasons are involved in the death of Diana hinges on the masonic seniority of Prince Philip? Are there other masonic connections that would lend any legitimacy to the theory?

MAJORITY of Masons are great people, i KNOW this for a fact...

Indeed. And statistically at least that includes me

but I also KNOW that the 'higher' ups are indeed NOT great people. The fraternity is infact in the shape of a Pyramid, the higher you go, the more esoteric knowledge you learn, as well as the core of where it came FROM. The higher up you go, the more your mind changes with certain values.

Here, however, we must disagree. But to discuss this further we must first determine 'who' are the 'higher ups'. Mainstream conspiracy theory usually defines 'high up' as 33 degree. What do you think?

Thank you kindly for responding Trinityman,

I've read about the 33 degrees, to be honest with you, I don't read much into that....which is why I reffered to 'higher ups' instead of 33 degrees.

With regards to Prince Philip, (which is why I asked about his seniority) that if he is indeed a high authority figure, and that he did infact order the executions, to me that shows his position on what he believes, in this case, the matter of life and death. And if he 'IS' of high authority of the FreeMasons, then what he did was either one or two things:

He acted with the mind-set that equalled to that of the higher up masons (not the majority) or
He acted against the mind-set of ALL the masons.

Which brings about the conclusion, that if he is infact an authority figure within Masonry, and he did do something against the mason belief (ordering the murder of dodi and diana), then why is he still there, and why aren't freemasons doing anything to remove him?

Oh well, since you've pointed out that he is dormant within the craft (being part of the craft, none the less) and not of high authority, we have nothing to worry about then

BTW, Is Buzz Aldrin a FreeMason? Neil Armstrong?

You know, unfortunately, I've probably stuffed up my opportunity to join the Masons a long time ago, delving into conspiracy theories before I even knew the Masons existed. I did call the local lodge about it about a year ago, for further information on their practices locally, called twice I believe, and never received a call back. Very dissapointing.

Funny though, when I was 16, I was very into arts, and did a lot of drawings of the eye in triangles (and no, not because of the all seeing eye), and statues of government officials hiding alien bodies. These are pure coincidence and came out of my own mind (not the alien thing though), as I never read about government conspiracies until after I was drugged.............thus why I am here

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I wanted to put this post in this thread, perhaps because its quite appropriate to some posters who are forcing their beliefs down non-believers throat! They are acting like lucifer and forcing everyone to see the (supposed) light, unlike the (supposed) God who gave adam and eve a choice....

I do not wish to insult anyone here, I just want people to think, think for themselves for once and to stop following the herd.

Statement, followed by a couple of questions...but effective thinking question none the less. This is targetted at those forcing their religious beliefs at the rest of us.

Mainstream Christianty states: That to get into the kingdom of heaven, you must follow the straight and narrow path and accept Jesus as your saviour for dieing on the cross. (ritual of baptism included etc..)...and thus drinking the grapefruit and eating of the bread, represents drinking of his blood and eating of his flesh. Otherwise, you'll end up in Hell and suffer for eternity.

Ok lets say play this game and say this is FACT and TRUE.

What kind of god 'THREATENS' its followers with eternal damnation unless they follow his strict rules and guidelines? A God that resembles the personality of Saddam Hussein, follow his rules and guidelines or be jailed/killed.

What kind of god, would allow vampirism and cannabilism of his only son, by the representation of drinking his blood and eating his flesh.

What kind of god wants worship for allowing the murder of his only son.

Just something to ponder about......

Just in case you are wondering about what I beleive in...its very...very simple.

I beleive in God. I beleive 'IT' (no gender) to be the creator of everything. I believe God is neutral, and not good or evil, but both. (Don't forget, good and evil are a matter of perception) So I beleive God allows ALL to happen. I believe God WILL answer your calls, and I believe God will never throw anything at you that you cannot handle.

I believe in God, it has no religion.

Kind Regards
Merger

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
ac707,

It's not my opinion, It's the Word of God. Argue with Him. I come in here with a humble spirit merely 'shining' the light. (I know this has not always been the case) It's up to you whether or not you can see it.

2co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Like I said in my earlier post.. I know alot of goods works are associated with Freemasonry but it matter's NOT in the end. Please read my prior post again.
Like you said, good works don't get you into the Kingdom of God. Good works are important to God but they are not the most important thing to Him, you need to get in touch with this.

You can NOT be a true Christian and be a Mason at the same time. When you stand before the Master under judgement and he asks you why you 'diluted' his word and was instrumental in leading other people to an 'institution' that diluted his Gospel with other pagan doctines and beliefs how are you going to answer him??

I profess my Faith in Christ, HE is the ONLY way. I don't dilute it, It's simple and plain for me. GOD SAID IT, I BELIEVE IT, THAT SETTLES IT FOR ME.

1jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is NOT of God: and this is that SPIRIT OF ANTICHRIST, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even NOW ALREADY is it in the world.

I LOVE it..

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Merger,

"What kind of god, would allow vampirism and cannabilism of his only son, by the representation of drinking his blood and eating his flesh."

Cannabilism?

How can the representation of drinking Jesus' blood and eating his flesh be cannabilism? It's a "representation".. of what I ask? I doubt you can answer that or even "see" it.

God allowed his only begotten Son to be slain from the foundation of the world for our Salvation. He did what he had to do to reconcile Himself with us. He made the ultimate sacrafice. Until you get into the word and ask for some devine insight you will never understand what's going on here.

Now what's the definition of reprobate again?

[edit on 5-3-2006 by TxSecret]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Thank you kindly for responding Trinityman

You're very welcome

With regards to Prince Philip ... Oh well, since you've pointed out that he is dormant within the craft (being part of the craft, none the less) and not of high authority, we have nothing to worry about then

I don't know when he was initiated, probably in the 1950s. I doubt he's attended since although I can't be sure. I am quite sure, however, that he is not active in any way, as he would have completed his three degrees and would in all likelyhood be asked to be Grand Master, as the Craft in England & Wales likes to have a Royal as 'patron' (currently that title is held by the Duke of Kent). The real work is done by the Pro Grand Master, Lord Northampton.

I believe the answer to that is yes and no, in that order.

You know, unfortunately, I've probably stuffed up my opportunity to join the Masons a long time ago, delving into conspiracy theories before I even knew the Masons existed. I did call the local lodge about it about a year ago, for further information on their practices locally, called twice I believe, and never received a call back. Very dissapointing.

Yes, quite silly really. Although this is not the place to discuss membership issues, I would be happy to take this up with you offline if appropriate. However, if you think there are no conspiracy theorists in freemasonry you're very much mistaken

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
TxSecret,

I was going to leave you in peace, but something you said highlighted the misunderstanding you have of freemasonry.

Like I said in my earlier post.. I know alot of goods works are associated with Freemasonry but it matter's NOT in the end. Please read my prior post again.
Like you said, good works don't get you into the Kingdom of God. Good works are important to God but they are not the most important thing to Him, you need to get in touch with this.

Christian freemasons know this perfectly well. Thats why I have a personal relationship with Jesus, and I know exactly what is required to enter the KoH. You seem to believe that freemasons undertake good works in order to gain salvation. I am already saved through the redeeming grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and I do good works in my spare time because I'm nice like that.

External source: The Bible (KJV)
John 13:34-5 - 34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

God bless.

[edit on 5-3-2006 by Trinityman]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Just for the record, I'm not here to judge anyone. I also think it's great that any 'institution' that does "good works" is great in that 'sense'. But I urge you all to be careful and consider the implications of being involved with ANY organization that has 'weight' on your spiritual path. I think it's more than just my humble opinion that Freemasonry is a perilous (insidious) path to spiritual bankruptcy. I hear a bunch of arguments and rationalizations to the contrary in here but that's all they are. What is the truth?? some of you here might argue that no one really knows but I refuse to believe that.

It says in the Bible you can not please God except through FAITH. The true Gospel of the Bible is the ONLY one of it's kind on the planet that makes provisions for you salvation for eternity. Again, why take chances? You HAVE to believe in something.. why not Christ and the Gospel he gave us?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
John 13:34-5 - 34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Amen and Amen.

"Christian freemasons know this perfectly well. Thats why I have a personal relationship with Jesus, and I know exactly what is required to enter the KoH. You seem to believe that freemasons undertake good works in order to gain salvation. I am already saved through the redeeming grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and I do good works in my spare time because I'm nice like that."

I didn't say that ALL Freemasons believe that undertaking good works 'buys' you salvation. Some do however.

You believe you are saved? In who's name? I can't argue with you on that but consider the following scripture:

Mt 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

I've made myself perfectly clear. A 'diluted' gospel is not the True Gospel. If you believe yourself to be a Mason and a Christian at the same time you are under a dilusion and following a diluted Gospel. If you are involved with a 'diluted gospel' YOU ARE NOT following Christ. It's that simplle. You need to turn your life COMPLETELY over to Christ.

Being saved and repentance go hand in hand.. You need to get in touch with what God expects out of you regarding this relationship.

You ALSO can't partially serve Christ..

Re 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Why is it so clear to me but you guys just can't get it?

Trinity man.. You know full well that not all mason's share your convictions. Is it safe to 'walk' with unlike spirits too closely? The Bible is pretty clear on the implications of this type of activity. More on that in a few..

df1

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecret
The true Gospel of the Bible is the ONLY one of it's kind on the planet that makes provisions for you salvation for eternity.

What you say isnt true, actually their are a number of Bibles, not only one, that make such provisions. Just to name a few:

21st Century King James Version
American Standard Version
Amplified Bible
Contemporary English Version
Darby Translation
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition.
English Standard Version
Holman Christian Standard Bible
King James Version
New American Standard Bible
New International Reader's Version
New International Version
New International Version - UK
New King James Version
New Life Version
New Living Translation
The Message
Worldwide English
Wycliffe New Testament
Young's Literal Translation

Which Bible do you use?

Why is your choice more the word of God than the others?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hi TxSecret

I didn't say that ALL Freemasons believe that undertaking good works 'buys' you salvation. Some do however.

I didn't say that you did. Freemasons have a wide variety of beliefs, many are not Christian at all.

You believe you are saved? In who's name?

I already told you...

Originally posted by Trinityman
I am already saved through the redeeming grace of the Lord Jesus Christ...

I can't argue with you on that but consider the following scripture:

Sure

... No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

OK. I've considered it. And my considered opinion is that you believe me to serve two masters. Assuming one of them is Christ, who is the other?

I've made myself perfectly clear. A 'diluted' gospel is not the True Gospel. If you believe yourself to be a Mason and a Christian at the same time you are under a dilusion and following a diluted Gospel. If you are involved with a 'diluted gospel' YOU ARE NOT following Christ. It's that simplle. You need to turn your life COMPLETELY over to Christ.

What do you mean by a 'diluted gospel'? I have turned my life completely over to Christ. Who are you to tell me I haven't? On what basis do you make the argument?

Being saved and repentance go hand in hand.. You need to get in touch with what God expects out of you regarding this relationship.

I am in constant touch...

You ALSO can't partially serve Christ..

Well we agree on that

Why is it so clear to me but you guys just can't get it?

By 'you guys' I assume you to mean freemasons, like we're all some homogenous body. You remind me of Donald Pleasance from The Great Escape - "I can see clearly now"

Trinity man.. You know full well that not all mason's share your convictions.

Quite right too. As we are a diverse secular body with many men from all walks of life and religious persuasions it would be surprising if we did.

Is it safe to 'walk' with unlike spirits too closely?

If you are saying that we should not mix with people who have a differing belief to ourselves then I disagree. The logical conclusion to your supposition is religious intolerence, and look where that has got us recently

The Bible is pretty clear on the implications of this type of activity. More on that in a few..

Please spare me your Bible quotes, designed to prove something that doesn't exist is wrong.

You believe freemasonry is something that it is not. I will pray for you that your eyes will be opened to the fact that you are wasting an awful lot of time and energy chasing ghosts. The Lord has a different and unique plan for each and every one of us, but chasing shadows is unlikely to figure.

God bless

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Trinityman.. I'm not going to spare you the Bible verses.
They are the bedrock and the foundation of my faith. And unlike the 'foundation' of YOUR belief they don't change and they are not diluted.

"If you are saying that we should not mix with people who have a differing belief to ourselves then I disagree. The logical conclusion to your supposition is religious intolerence, and look where that has got us recently "

I did NOT say that. You need to stop skewing (trying to skew) my point here. The point i'm making is that you need to limit the spiritual influence that other 'mixes' of people and beliefs have on your own. A mixed up diluted spritual foundation is dangerous at best. The fact that you are involved with a group of people who believes that it's ok to mix Christianity with other pagan beliefs puts you in a bad light. Since you are in a position to have a pretty good weight in guiding someone on their own spiritual path puts you in an even greater bad light and you will be held particularly accountable when judgement finds you. (And it will)

I'm not telling you that you have not turned your life over to Christ but how can you sit there and say that you believe in all these 'other' beliefs and doctrines at the same time? You can't.. And WHY would you want to even try to walk on the same spritual path as these other people?

I don't have a 'problem' with all the varying 'mixes' of people and beliefs in the world, I'm just NOT going to "knit" myself spiritually with them.
On the surface some of the points your putting across might make sense but on the spritual level they are wrong and you know it.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hi again

Trinityman.. I'm not going to spare you the Bible verses. They are the bedrock and the foundation of my faith.

Yes, they are the bedrock and foundation of mine too. But you seem to be misusing Scripture, to make points which don't relate to freemasonry. Unless you explain where you are coming from it just comes across as disingenuous.

And unlike the 'foundation' of YOUR belief they don't change and they are not diluted

But you haven't stated why you think my faith is different to yours. You accuse me of having changing beliefs and watered down belief but you make no attempt to explain why.

"If you are saying that we should not mix with people who have a differing belief to ourselves then I disagree. The logical conclusion to your supposition is religious intolerence, and look where that has got us recently "

I did NOT say that. You need to stop skewing (trying to skew) my point here.

Calm down now. You weren't clear. I'm not trying to do anything other than understand you. But you have so far given me precious little to go on.

The point i'm making is that you need to limit the spiritual influence that other 'mixes' of people and beliefs have on your own.

I'm having to read between the lines here. You are suggesting that other freemasons (presumably the non-Christian ones are the prime concern) are influencing me spiritually. Nothing could be further from the truth. Religion and religious topics are not discussed at lodge meetings. They are explicitly banned. The only spiritual influences over me are those I chose and are found for the most part at my Church.

A mixed up diluted spritual foundation is dangerous at best.

You're being very generous. An exclusive focus on Christ and his teachings is essential.

The fact that you are involved with a group of people who believes that it's ok to mix Christianity with other pagan beliefs puts you in a bad light.

I know of no-one in freemasonry who takes this view. A freemason is expected to (a) have a faith when he joins and (b) keep that faith, study that faith and follow that faith while he maintains membership. Therefore freemasonry tells me, as a Christian, to go to Church, to study the Bible and to grow as a person, spiritually, in the light of the Lord.

Since you are in a position to have a pretty good weight in guiding someone on their own spiritual path puts you in an even greater bad light and you will be held particularly accountable when judgement finds you. (And it will)

I don't understand this last bit...

I'm not telling you that you have not turned your life over to Christ but how can you sit there and say that you believe in all these 'other' beliefs and doctrines at the same time? You can't..

I don't. I'm not telling you any such thing. Please point out where I said that.

And WHY would you want to even try to walk on the same spritual path as these other people?

I choose my own path. I hope you are now understanding that freemasonry explicitly does not tell me otherwise.

I don't have a 'problem' with all the varying 'mixes' of people and beliefs in the world, I'm just NOT going to "knit" myself spiritually with them.

Neither am I. Neither do I.

On the surface some of the points your putting across might make sense but on the spritual level they are wrong and you know it.

I have no idea what you're on about. I think you are making assumptions about me as a freemason which you are not clarifying. Please explain why you think freemasonry is wrong, spiritually. Is it because you think we 'worship' together, or something? Truly, you need to explain.

God bless.

[edit on 5-3-2006 by Trinityman]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecret.....

Listen. Freemason and religion are two different things. If I walk away from Masonry because others inside of my lodge is apart of a different religion, that will be foolish on my part. I might as well quit my job, stop going to the college I attend, and even disown family members. Look, I’m a Christian first off; however, I will not frown on another for the religion they choose to believe. In my opinion (and not Freemason’s), I believe that every one is entitled to believe what they want to believe. The one thing that all religion have in common is that they all say that they are the right one and the other is either wrong or whatever... So, once again in my opinion, what religion you choose to follow is up to you. And no man should be forced to believe in something that he don’t want to believe in. When I’m sitting inside of a lodge, I’m not thinking about what religion the next man is. That’s his business. If his religion leads him to hell, well that was of his own choosing. I went into Freemason as a Christian, and to this day I’m still one. No one has asked me to change my belief, and the day that they do, will be the day I take a demit and leave my lodge (so I guess I’ll be a Mason for life since I know that that won’t happen).
As far as Heaven is concern, Freemasonry and good works will not get you there. Freemasonry don’t offer anyone salvation. This is where your religion comes into play at. This is one reason why you go to church (and not your local lodge) so you can learn about salvation and how you can make it into heaven.

[edit on 5-3-2006 by ac707]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
TxSecret's ideas about Freemasonry reek of 80's cult hysteria. How's Mike Warnke doing these days, anyway?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
AC,

"Listen. Freemason and religion are two different things."

I respectfully disagree on SOO many levels. Freemasonry has a 'proclaimed' spritual weight on a persons spritual path so to not call it a religion, especially in this context is foolish.

Trinity Man..

I think I've done a pretty good job outlining my position very well. In this particular situation I don't feel the need to really 'explain' the scriptures I've outlined for you. They speak for themselves.

Honestly? where the rubber hits the road is spiritual discernment. I know I don't have perfect 'vision' in this respect but we are definitely on different planes in this department. Any kind of organization that has 'spritual sway' in the lives of others needs to have Christ in the center of it. Freemasonry is NOT Christ centered and never will be. (So what if it 'allows' you to follow your own faith) This does not mean that I'm passing judgement or not loving my fellow persons who are Freemasons. I also appreciate all the good things that they have done in the world. If Freemasonry was like say, the Red Cross or some other 'purely charitable' organization I probably wouldn't bat a second eye at them. (Even though I don't trust many of them either) Freemasonry however is a spritual 'free for all' where anything goes. Just follow ANY old religion, as long as you are *bettering* your self.

Like Amos 3:3 said:

Can two walk together, except they be agreed? (In the spirit)

No.. they can't.

To me it's simple.. Just lay your life down to Christ and ONLY him.
Don't be intimately involved with any organization that has spritual sway on other people and is -not- Christ centered.

This is the crux of my problem Trinity,

You call yourself a Christian but yet you are 'intimately' attached to Freemasonry which promotes every OTHER spiritual belief out there. I DON"T CARE if you're not 'readily in the middle' of every other different belief that's *attached* to Freemasonry. God looks not only at the individual in an organization, he looks at the organization as a whole and how do you think he 'sees' Freemasonry? I'm sure he's making a note of all the 'good works' that are done but more importantly he understands that Freemasonry does not promote his teachings. He sees an organization that promotes 'spritual growth' through 'whatever religion does the job. Futhermore, Freemasonry is not ordained, nor is it annointed. (Never will be) In summary? You call yourself a Christian yet you help further an organization that DOES NOT promote Christianity and is in fact 'helping' other people down this insidiously slippery slope to loosing their soul. You *can't*, in the name of Christ, help further the Kingdon of God and at the same time futher this 'spritual free for all' called Freemasonry at the same time. I'm sorry Trinity, if you support Freemasonry, you are supporting EVERY other belief 'structure' that is attached to 'it'. How many belief systems (religions) are attached to Freemasonry? How many are diametrically opposed to Christianity.. ?(Of which you call yourself) Just because you may not individually support these 'other'religions does not mean that you are 'off the hook' You are 'attached' to them at the *spriritual hip* via Freemasonry. You can't divorce it. If you help people down a spritual path and it's not in the name of our Christ, you are not leading them to Christ.. Why is that so complicated? Please don't try and tell me that you are not leading people away from Christ because even though you may feel that you are not doing this in your immediate 'circle' you are attached to an organization that IS indeed doing just that.

I wish I knew all the statistics but I wonder how many Freemasons are 'Christians' and how many are OTHER doctrines and beliefs.

How can you lead people to Christ while at the same time you support an organization that's ALSO leading people away from him? I'm sorry guys but you need to get those rings off your fingers and put a cross around your neck and serve your Abba Father directly.. Christianity means following the great comission. If you are a Christian you are a Fisherman of Souls, you are not throwing them back in the river. Any of you familiar with the phrase 'cutting out the middle man'? I humbly suggest that you get on your knees, give your life over to Christ, (for real) and do just that.

For the record, this post is mostly targeted towards Masons who call themselves Christians.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Your knowledge of Freemasonry is a bit patchy, mate.

Freemasonry doesn't "promote" every other religion out there. It simply allows it members the freedom to worship as they please. It doesn't dictate terms of religion to its members, except that they be diligent, sincere and dedicated in their worship of God.

Your local butcher shop probably doesn't promote Jesus Christ either. Are you going to warn the customers about this?

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Roark,

In this particular sitation, promoting and allowing are pretty much the same thing.

Compared to Freemasonry, how much 'sway' does a butcher shop have on a person spiritually?

Lastly, you can't worship God any ol' way you like. If you believe in a religion and worship a god that does not make provision for the only begotten Son of God, Yeshua, Jesus, then you are NOT worshipping the the One True God.

Bible is pretty clear on this.

Joh 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

How many muslim Freemasons are out there? Let's go there shall we? I'm sure you help muslims worship their 'gods' don't you? The Koran COMPLETELY denounces that Christ was the Son of God. (Only begotten)

Let me assure you the god that muslims worship is NOT the same God that Christians worship and believe in.

You get the gist on where I'm going with this.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Buzz Aldrin is a Master Mason, a 33° Scottish Rite Mason, a Knight Templar in the York Rite, and a Shriner. Neil Armstrong never became a Mason.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

ac707,

It's not my opinion, It's the Word of God.

No. It's the word of man which claims to be the word of God. Needless the say, there's a pretty big difference there. God, after all, has never opened the heavens and officially endorsed mainstream Christianity by his word, any more than he has done so for Islam or Hinduism.

Nice try, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join