It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Senator Clinton Warns about Global Warming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I'd like to point out that this was a joint bi-partisan statement made by both Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican John McCain...the headline of this ATSNN article is quite biased and other example of the black-band stuff being discussed...

[edit on 8/20/2005 by djohnsto77]

If you had bothered to read the article and the comments I submitted, you will notice that while both senators made the statement, it was Senator Clinton who made the comments re: devasation/etc and seemed to get more 'press' from the article itself. Thus it was the one I focused on. This isn't 'biased' or slanted to make it look like anything other than what it is.

You want to blackband? Bring it on. I haven't heard anything from the mods and until you are one yourself, please realise that you yourself are behaving inappropriately by not contributing to this thread in a productive manner.

This is starting to remind me of grade school with someone always wanting to 'tell' on the other kids.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
If anyone still taught real history in public education perhaps someone would remember that between 900AD and 1000AD northern europe experienced many years "without" winter. This is in fact why the vikings were able to break out of their small villages and do that rape and pillage thingy. Last count that was some 800 years BEFORE the industrial rev.

Global warming is real, man has little to do with it outside the whole scalar weapons issues.

Skeptic

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Aw Skeptic Sanity lets not plough through the same ground again. I think everyone will concede that natural causes may play a huge roll in "global warming", but there is no longer any question that mankind is certainly contributing to it, or perhaps even entirely responsible this time around. We simply don't know enough yet to say whether or not a natural cycle is causing most, or any, of it yet. We don't even know, as of this time, just how much heat we are receiving daily from the Sun. We don't know why the Atlantic Conveyor is slowing down so rapidly, we know, theoritically what can cause it and we know that the things mankind is doing could be the cause, but we are by no means certain. However, enough evidence has been gathered and analyzed, in enough different arenas, to show without doubt that mankind's activities and practices cannot go without notice and effect.

[edit on 20-8-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
Aw Skeptic Sanity lets not plough through the same ground again. I think everyone will concede that natural causes may play a huge roll in "global warming", but there is no longer any question that mankind is certainly contributing to it, or perhaps even entirely responsible this time around. We simply don't know enough yet to say whether or not a natural cycle is causing most, or any, of it yet.

I must repectfully disaggree. There is NO evidence man has anything to do with the MEDIA version of global warming. CFC's, CO2, Methane, OZONE is all complete BS. The data do not support the theory.......

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Perhaps you should define what you mean by the "MEDIA" version of global warming. Yes, they sensationalize it, as they do everything else, but beyond that, I'm not sure of your meaning.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticSanity
If anyone still taught real history in public education perhaps someone would remember that between 900AD and 1000AD northern europe experienced many years "without" winter. This is in fact why the vikings were able to break out of their small villages and do that rape and pillage thingy. Last count that was some 800 years BEFORE the industrial rev.

Global warming is real, man has little to do with it outside the whole scalar weapons issues.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I must agree on your point above but also add that in addition to normal 'wear & tear' of the environment, we have inflicted an extraordinary amount of damage to our planet. To deny this is to bury our heads in the sand and not point fingers because we are scared of the direct ramifications of enviromental abuse.

For God's Sake man, did you not watch the Indian with a tear when you were a child?

Seriously though, the direct causation of pollution and toxins is visible everywhere we look. The northern Europeans didn't take cheap airline flights back in their day.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
One thing mankind is still relatively ignorant about is the overall sensitivity of Earth's climate to various changes. We create computer simulations to try to quantify it, but everyone knows our simulations are not detailed and comprehensive enough to ferret out any definitive answers yet. There is no question such simulations are getting better and better, but are they good enough yet? Alas, we don't know.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
In addition to that Astronomer, we have a delicate ecosystem that relies on everything else for substanance and well-being. Not to quote an Elton John song here, but the effects on the 'Circle of Life' are something we aren't looking at.

It is like smoking around your newborn infant - what the heck do you think will happen to the fragile, developing lungs?

Imagine how the animals and plants fee? I don't want to sound like I'm running through a field of poppy-coloured self rightousness, but those are the facts. WE are directly responsible for the state of the planet. To some degree we have to accept that we are going to use it and to some extent even abuse it. But that is no reason to deny and ignore.

In fact it is the opposite of what we are supposed to do.

[edit on 20-8-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Sad, but true nikelbee. I personally am more concerned with the pollution we continually pump into our oceans than anything else. In that area, no one can deny mankind is having an effect that could conceiveably end up killing us all unless we cease & desist, or at least try to lessen it.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
If she was so concerned why didn't she do something about it when
she was co-president for 8 years with Bill?

Also - 'Global Warming' may or may not be a real man-made thing.
There are many who believe that the earth goes through natural
cycles... warmer, cooler, warmer, cooler .. much like we go through
natural cycles with hurricane seasons .. 20 years with many storms,
20 years with few, 20 years with many, 20 years with few.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Seems to me the melting of the Ice Cap in the violent manner that is happening and the big expanding hole in the northern atmosphere can't be as a result of a natural occurance, to name a couple disaster potentials.

Sort of like which will come first Astroid impact, WWIII, or Environment Disaster. Or No Oil think about all the things used everyday by everyone produced from Oil - on to well we have no more oil so we'll switch back to wood for containers, oh well we're out of wood so we'll do everything from glass oh wait we have nothing to heat the sand for glass or steel or...

Seems to me we are entering a crisis on this Ball and have us to blame.

Dallas

[edit on 20-8-2005 by Dallas]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
does the world want to quit smoking.do they care about the food air and life they breed.does anoyone really care about the ozone the fish the guy down the street living without shelter.few people really care.so here comes global warming a timetable of death.we expire at so in so date.people will hide from the world but it will not hide from you.the world does not have a phone number to call to talk to her.well what will you do or will you be a blur on the timetable.clinton and others see it and know its coming.......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join