It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guitar Players?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I used to be a tube purist. Granted they do sound a bit warmer, but I have switched to solid state because of the realiability factor. Tubes are great for the studio but a speed bump will play havoc with a tube amp and if a drunk knocks over a tube amp at a party, it knocks all the profit out of the gig.

My SS with a big muff and tube screamer still give me the sound with both harp and 6stg.

The search for tone is a relentless addiction. I sure do have a sweet spot in my heart for my Blues Jr. though, small , loud and tone to the bone!

good luck D.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Any Bogner amp is worthwhile, though they are pricey. The new Marshall re-issues are fantastic as are Fender tube amps....You are in a good playing field with these amps. Check out Mesa Boogie the new amps are great (Lonestar is gorgeous).

Bad Cat do some lovely OD pedals as do Soldano, but if you are after a good priced one, then try the Barber pedals and the Moollon OD pedals which are great

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the input on the overdrive pedal everyone !

Im looking at making my own. I found one that sounds similar to what I want and is simple to make. Its a tube screamer rip off with more drive.

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I bought a fuzz face pedal today.

Too tired to break it in yet. :w:

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
D.

How is the fuzz?

I'm thinking about getting a website for me and the band. Any body here at ats with a site?

Does it help with getting gigs or applying to festivals?

Input appreciated!

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I like it so far. (mine doesnt look like the one shown)

It sounds great. It is a bit hard to get used to. Slight changes make a world of a difference with this pedal.

I havnt gotten the chance to really push my amp yet.

Thats when these pedals shine.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm thinking about getting a website for me and the band. Any body here at ats with a site?

Does it help with getting gigs or applying to festivals?

Input appreciated!

Whaa,

In my band we have a regular site, and also a myspace site. Together we've found the two sites to be indispensable: the official website is a good way to complete your identity, compile all your gig dates, news, songs, reviews, biography etc for people following the band, and also for industry personnel. A website shows professionalism and commitment. We've had many gigs offered through our website.
A myspace site has a similar function, but with the added bonus that there's a whole marketplace full of people already there who can pick up on your music, there's scope for interaction between band and audience, and there are plenty of a&r that use the site to look out for new bands - we have about 3 or 4 a&r people on our friends lists, but they don't know that we know they're a&r!

So in short, I couldn't recommend it highly enough

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thanks P.

Your website is beautiful and thanks for the speedy reply!

Peace and Love

W.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hello. Another guitarist here...

I have a whole bunch of acoustics, maybe 6 or something, my favourite is this cheap one called a Givson. Its some fake thing my brother got in india, it has a lovely action though and a wonderfully thin neck. I also have a Cort electric which plays nicely enough. I dont own an amp though which is quite annoying, instead I play through an 800w Peavey PA system. I also have a Boss ME33, which is seriously let down by the PA.

At the moment my wish list includes either a Fender Jaguar or a Telecaster, both sunburst, Jag with black pick-gaurd and tele with white. I would also love a massive Marshal stack and any and all boss single effects.

I got into guitar cuz my dad plays, which made my brother start playing. From there we decided to start a band and I was to be a drummer, from being in a band one learns to play everything a bit, now I play more guitar than drums, mostly cuz its nicer to play guitar alone than it is drums.

I love to play NIRVANA, first and foremostly, all of it, also love Oasis, everything I can transcribe to an acoustic guitar, the Beatles of course, Radiohead, songs like Fake Plastic, Karma Police, True Love Waits, actually anything I can do acoustically, Bob Dylan, Eagles-Hotel California, Muse on the electric, love New Born, some Coldplay... I could go on forever.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hi...
I have a Garrison guitar...if you've never played one get yourself to a dealer now and give it a try. Garrison is revolutionizing the way guitars are made. They have a patented internal bracing system that is all one piece...it is poured into a mould...instead of all different little pieces of wood. Seriously, visit their web site and read the hundred or so reviews. What an amazing, deep, rich sound!!! The design comes from my hometown, St. John's, Newfoundland.
The songs that I love to play are: Never Going Back Again and Landslide, Fleetwood Mac; Find the River, REM; Lots of Eagles songs; and of course Irish drinking tunes...I AM from Nfld!!!!
Cheers!

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Attention Classic Guitar People !

Would anyone happen to know what kind of amp the Jimi Hendrix song voodoo chile (slight return) was played with?

Some say marshall, some say fender. But which is it?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm a guitarist.

My guitar Gods include Eddie Van Halen, Al De Meleo, Paco De Lucia, John Maclaughlin, Nuno Bettencourt, Yngwie J. Malmsteen and Paul Gilbert and Bruce Boulette!

I'm a bit of an 80s neo-classical hair rocker myself.

I own a Jackson, purchesed around 1986.

I have two Jacksons. My stepdad has an Ibanez Jem, Gibson SG, Indie super dragon thing, two acoustics and some others.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
guess I should post mine as well.

Guitars:
Monson custom built 7 string
BC Rich Custom Shop Warlock 7 String
Ibanez 7 String (forget model #)
Older model Jackson V 6 String
BC Rich Warlock 6 String

Amps:
Line 6 Vetta II HD Head
Line 6 Pod Pro Rackmount
Randall Warhead 4x12 & 2x15 Cab
Jackson 4x12 Straight Cab
Crate 4x12 Slant Cab (old model)

For the most part, im pretty happy with what I have now, I've been playing for a while and finally settling into gear tha tI like and can use effectively. Maybe only thing after this is a higher end custom built that is fitted to be and my style a bit more.

Styles : mostly metal, the heavier and more messed up the better. black, death, grind, etc. other than that, big band jazz. thats what i started on guitar with in high school since there was a spot open for it and thats where i got a lot of my first guitar lessons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join