It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't The Aliens Just Land In Front of the White House?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Maybe their environmental needs do not allow certain species of EBEs to do what they need to do or mine and process what minerals they need to build. Or cook what humans they need to cook.

And so they need help from Humans to do the things in our atmosphere they cannot. In turn certain technology used as payment.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They are taking things...If you take into account reports of abductioon and animals found- I find it odd that they bring them back. Or maybe they're too smart to take all of it and risk contamination in their planet.
I also wonder where their pitt stops are...You'd think they'd have to stop between our planet and theirs for something.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
As Humans we think/speculate on as human, however other species on this planet (such as dogs, cats) ect have been proven by science to react different to different situations than a human would and do different things (if you get what i mean)

Our mindset and an aliens mindset could be comepleatly different.

Personally i don't believe they have anything to gain by landing publicly (just take what ya want), its only the humans that would gain.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The assumption is they are intelligent. Assuming they really exist, I'm betting they are more like drones. Lacking any assemblance of rational or reason beyond what they have been sent to do. How do you converse with an ant or a bee?

They are obviously expendable. You never hear about rescue missions aliens carried out for downed UFO's. A majority of the time they are presented as lacking any personality, lack of compassion, and being invasive toward humans(Please don't link some crazy tale of fiction on some obscure personal web site to state the contrary) Traits that wouldn't set well with heads of state.

The Argument for Perpetual Flights and Sightings (unfortunately)
If there were a more sophisticated class of alien, they woldn't want this type of drone to make contact with the general population or national leaders. Of course drones are not perfect. Ants and worker bees stray. On their own they wander in circles and approach the familiar until they happen upon their course or crash. Unable to sustain themsleves if they can't get back to the hive, they die.

There's the excuse for today.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Maybe because its restricted air space?
If there are aliens then I would think they would have made themselves well known vs all the cloak and dagger stuff. I know some will argue that they are here and there is proof but it that is the case, why is that not national news? I love my sci fi flicks but the whole alien thing does not seem to add up. They are promoted as intelligent and advanced but afraid to appear? It does not seem logical to me. I do not dismiss the idea that other life could be out there but I am not willing to embrace it till I see it.

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Instead of the white house why not show up over the most populous city in the world. Maybe on a day when a lot of people might have video cameras ready to record a natural event like an eclipse. July 11, 1991

[edit on 24-8-2005 by mauidean]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
its simple, and possible many reasons why they dont land on the White House.

One is that they probably dont know the significance of the White House. since they are aliens they probably dont know wat Executive power is. and the White House is a house that can pretty much blend with other houses. why dont they land on Bill Gates house. his house is bigger than the White House i believe.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by deltaboy]

I think it would be funny if they landed in front of the Lincoln memorial thinking it was the santuary of our great leader. Or even the sears tower. My, wouldn't they be dissapointed...

My guess for why they don't take Bush's lawn relates to farm animals. When you think about it, we are a lot like sheep. Have you ever tried to approach a heard of sheep? sure they can look and see you near them but they wont react. As soon as you move in they move away. Think about it. We supposedly see there craft all the time and don't think much of them .If a vastly supperior race appears and say "hey, guess what we want?", the human populace would freak out and run like decapatated chickens before they even tell us what they want. Remember the radio broadcast of War of the Worlds and the overreaction there? we are a very skittish species....

[edit on 24-8-2005 by Tinko1]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I believe most if not all alien who have interacted with people, whether it's abductions, UFO crash then capture, I think most of these beings are advanced programed life forms. Just my belief.

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
Well every time they attempted to make contact they either got chased by airplanes, shot at by the whole anti-air battery or people just freaked and ran away.

Why bother?

not just that, 50 years ago a bunch walked up to a farm house and got shot by shotguns for 6 hours.

link to this thread

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakefist

not just that, 50 years ago a bunch walked up to a farm house and got shot by shotguns for 6 hours.

link to this thread

yeah, so much for terrestrial intelligence

posted on Aug, 26 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
aliens supposedly land in farmer ted's backyard and he and jethro have a 4 hour battle with them and a .22 and a shotgun repel a dozen aliens?

when those 12 returned home, they were probably mocked and ridiculed for a long, long time.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I don't know. These so-called "highly evolved" aliens, masters of space-travel, certainly don't seem so advanced that a few airplanes or anti aircraft batteries can "chase them away"

We have been developing technology to shoot objects out of the sky for nearly a hundred years. Just because the aliens have mastered space travel, doesn't automatically mean they are invincible versus our air power.

Steve

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join