It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Don't The Aliens Just Land In Front of the White House?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

But then I remember that they did sorta back in the fifties when Ike was Prez. A group of UFO's buzzed the White House and DC while flying in formation. Pictures where taken and hundreds of people witnessed the spectacle.

Yep, back in '52. And not once, but TWICE (and the objects were detected on radar).... Then debunker (now deceased UFOlogist) J. Allen Hyneck was in town during the event. He and others in Bluebook (such as Capt. Ruppelt) feel that the episode in '52 marked a monumental shift of Bluebook, changing into a complete whitewash and effort to explain at all costs, in order to dismiss it from the public eye. This was then accomplished with two civilian (really CIA created) panels (Condon Committee, Robertson Panel)...which eventually patted the USAF on the back and then closed the project.

The USAF took a year to actually release an official report on the incident, citing "temperature inversions" as the culprits.... Experienced radar operators dispute this vehemently as such things are fairly evident to even inexperienced operators...

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's funny, the aliens will actually do a fly-by over the US Capital. They are clearly visible by thousands and they don't stop to say hello? From this I can guess that the ETs are under no Star Trek-like "non interference" rule. They just don't care whether they are seen or not. The other thing that gets me are the number of sightings. There are, it seems, thousands upon thousands of sightings every year. What's up with this?

After reading the posts on this thread, it is becoming clearer to me that the ETs are not friendly and clearly look upon humans as "less than worthy" of their attention. This doesn't bode well. But what are the aliens waiting for? Alien craft have been part of human mythology for centuries. The aliens and their craft have made no effort, it seems to hide from human-kind. Or, at best, sometimes they hide, sometimes they don't. And, finally, why would they hang around Earth for all of these centuries only to keep watching us? Why not simply , as I put it before, Land on the White House Lawn? It is so confusing and the UFO issue is not making much sense.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Some seem to think that we have already surrendered. I recall a famous incident that took place during the Eisenhower administration. Supposedly
Ole Ike had a dental problem and was wisked off to a local dentist to get it fixed. There are reports that he actually went to Edwards Air Force Base instead to meet with the Aliens.

www.ufoevidence.org...

One version of the story has it that this is when and where America surrendered to the Alien reps for promises of technology. So if such a meeting took place then I am sure it wasn't just a meet and greet. Just
as the UFO flyover in 52 wasn't swamp gas.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by Yorga]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Holloman AFB meeting, supposedly... Who knows? According to some (such as later statements by the producers), they unknowingly aired about 12 seconds of this during the old special with Rod Serling (made in the late 70's, but I think aired in the early 80's).

IF this is actually true, it's probably more of a realization that there wasn't much we could do about it, so better to know who's being taken, and try and get something out of the deal. Problem is, according to the same accounts, the aliens allegedly abducted more than they were naming, and weren't living up to other arrangements.

Not much solid evidence to go on, but an intriguing angle, nonetheless...

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Goes to show in a way though why they just didn't land in the Rose Garden. The '52 flyover was probably a show of force or a fear tactic.
Sorta like a 'IN YOUR FACE ' type of thing. If in fact the Roswell crash and others around '47 were due to interference from a new Radar array that
the US had installed in the New Mexico area as some claim, then maybe they were pissed. Up till that time were never did anything that even remotely resembled a threat. There are reports from the post WWII era that state the UFO's were shooting down our fighters pilots with ease everytime we gave chase. Then all of a sudden there were a rash of saucer
crashes, then the flyover, then Ike and the meeting, hum? One can't help but wonder. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the head debunker with Project Blue Book end up being a true believer? Seems I read somewhere that he started out as a debunker but had a change of heart towards the end.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Some bodies of research into the origins of Man heavily suggests that ETs essentially created homo sapiens and cultivated him. In earlier times these ETs operated openly and freely let themselves be seen by Man and were the "gods" of myth/religion. But as time went on,Man's numbers grew to a threatening size and the great catastrophes of Earth separated the ETs from some of their resources. So the ETs realized subterfuge was the only way to maintain control over Man anymore and the more time went on the less they showed themselves. The ETs eventually went underground(some researchers believe literally) in order to manipulate Man from behind the scenes where Man would be none the wiser. The ETs aggressively purged whatever records of their existence that they could find and threatened death to anyone who spoke of or depicted the true physical appearence of the "gods" as they were alien and doing so would reveal their existence and rob them of their advantage. So after the Great Flood the "gods" were always either depicted as human in appearence or extremely abstract. The ETs then only communicated with mankind via intermediaries such as pharoahs,priests,and according to some,channellers. Their are reports of full out rocket ships commonly being reported in the skies during the 1500s. These ships have been drawn by artists at the time from eyewitness accounts before Man had ever even thought of building his first rocket. Reports of these ships dusting the population below with foul-smelling mists correspond with outbreaks of plagues and are believed to be the ET's methods of population control. It is also believed by some researchers that these methods continue today. Rocket ship dusting replaced by lab introduction of diseases. They use mankind for their own purposes and have little compassion for him a la Man toward animals. And as long as they can keep us occupied with this or that and oblivious to their influence,they can use us to their heart's content for whatever their needs are at the moment.

So since it would go completely against their plans,don't expect to see aliens on the White House lawn or in front of video cameras(if they can even be filmed) any time soon.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
ET is only following the wishes of our government. They buy into the mass hysteria that is sure to follow a White House landing, and that would surely screw up their agenda.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yes Yorga,

It is true that Dr. J. Allen Hynek did come to belief there was something to the UFO phenomena.

As I recall he acknowledged that even if the higher percentage could be explained away there was a significant number that could not be explained.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
its simple, and possible many reasons why they dont land on the White House.

One is that they probably dont know the significance of the White House. since they are aliens they probably dont know wat Executive power is. and the White House is a house that can pretty much blend with other houses. why dont they land on Bill Gates house. his house is bigger than the White House i believe.

Two they are busy looking for their lost Alien brothers and sisters and is hiddened in Area 51. since America has so many bases that the aliens are that it will take time for the aliens to find them before they proceed to the White House. if they can find the White House and if they know wat the White House looks like. and we have heard reports of UFOs over military bases and not many reports on UFOs at the White House. makes u wonder.

Three they just dont give a dam about the White House or the resident who lives in it. they see us as puny humans who needs leaders.

so those are some examples of many reasons as to why they dont land on on South Lawn of the White House.

[edit on 19-8-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
poop is funny

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
After considerable thought the fleet commander determined the White House was the LAST place there would be intelligent life?
They didn't want to crush the roses?
Or disturb the missiles?

And we are just piddly little humans after all.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I know this is a simple question but why don't the aliens just land in front of the White House?

My guess is they are looking for an intelligent life form, thats probably the last place they would look.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
it's most plausible that they have already studied us, and understand our instincts and 'ways' about us and are trying to to maybe speed up our evolution as a species with 'trickling' technology. They are also wary of earth's infatuation with weapons of mass destruction (#ed up concept, you have to agree) and trying to keep a 'check and balance' on us. They see our potential and would like to get us indoctrined into a new better state being. Imagine you yourself going back in time to the 1800's. Wouldn't you like to show them the movie 'Star Wars' or show them how a computer works? That concept is pretty cool, right? You also realize the shock that would come with such a showcase to a more primitive mentality. I feel these are the same measures and steps the aliens may be taking.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Why Don't The Aliens Just Land In Front of the White House?
Or any populous public areas for that matter.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Great parking job man

But maybe they are on the lawn right now???????? just got that cloaking on

Plus they prob. need us (for what ever reason) .....notice how many people just diapear from the planet......? Read one time...that like 10,000 people in the US only vanish......hmmmm.....wonder what the amount is in the world ?

Y'r Canadian friend,
Sven

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I've never understood why they have to land on the White House Lawn to be taken seriously.

What impression would millions of people have about Aliens when the Grass dies on the White House Lawn for 200 years!

I mean they were literally in D.C. in '52! Just because they didn't land , what difference does that make ?

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I thought the same thing, lost_shaman.

I think its just an "image" when he said land infront the White House, maybe because he is american and the first thing that came to his mind was that place.

I see no reason what so ever to land there.
As was reported few times that aliens deactivated nuclear warheads or their intervention in some other human created catastrophes and if we consider as some believe the destruction of Sodoma & Gomorra by aliens, the only reason i see them landing anywhere related to US govt. is to kick their asses.

Personally, i think IF they will ever land or make some "official" contact with Earth ppl it will be through some religious entity...maybe the Vatican.
Since these ppl are those with more time in contact with them.

Or they would choose some neutral point.
I really doubt they would pick any political side.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have often wondered about that too. One of the possibilities could be perhap's they have another meeting place eg Groom Lake or some such secret US Facility?

They were above the US Capital back in I think /52 and it created quite a stir from what I have read on that visit. The there was all the talk the Eisenhower made a quick trip to some Air Force base in California to get a tooth fixed.

Anyway, there are probably many different possibilities,,but I do still wonder why they didn't just land on the White House lawn.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Maybe Aliens don't want to land in front of the whitehouse.
And if they are so intelligent to fly here through space as most people assume, then they would choose the best possible place.
Not infront of thousands of people in other words.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

America surrendered to the Alien reps for promises of technology.

So here's my question: why would aliens need to negotiate at all? Why not simply carry out your plans and take what you want, given humanity's inability to fight back or even defend ourselves? This is why I would never "land on the White House" if I were aliens - why reveal your presence if you can accomplish your plans and achieve your goals (whatever they may be) without revealing yourself?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join